So, should I go interview@the Apple Retail Store?

Posted by: DavidDraiman

So, should I go interview@the Apple Retail Store? - 06/20/05 07:23 AM

I put my resume on Apple's Job site and someone called me from the soon-to-be-opening Store at the South Shore Plaza in Braintree, MA...<br><br>Should I go interview for part-time?<br><br>
Posted by: Pete

Re: So, should I go interview@the Apple Retail Store? - 06/20/05 07:37 AM

If you want the job, why not?<br><br>Be warned, though - applying only for 'part-time' will most likely land you weekends...<br><br>Retail is tricky- usually they want someone they can call in *anytime*, depending on how busy they get or if someone else bumps in sick. I don't know if having another full-time job is going to fly, but then again I've known plenty of people who take 2nd or 3rd jobs for some extra dough...<br><br>Back in Black...
Posted by: Morom

Re: So, should I go interview@the Apple Retail Store? - 06/20/05 07:44 AM

The discount alone I think would be worth it, even if you don't get to work that much. Plus, you get free Apple shirts.... gotta love the perks. <br><br>----<br>Stupidity is like nuclear power. It can be used for good or evil.... and you don't want to get any on you.

Re: So, should I go interview@the Apple Retail Store? - 06/20/05 07:47 AM

well, i'm not really sure why i applied in the first place.<br><br>Just for the thought of getting in with Apple anywhere i think.<br><br>Now i'm like "do i really want to go to work AFTER i get off work a few times a week and one day on the weekend?"<br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: So, should I go interview@the Apple Retail Store? - 06/20/05 07:47 AM

Might be worth checking out. You would get to play with the new stuff.<br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: So, should I go interview@the Apple Retail Store? - 06/20/05 07:51 AM

I worked part time, at Northshore and than at Rockingham Park when it opened, for over a year while working full time and I loved it. But, it was different then. Northshore was the 6th store to open and Apple had only been in the game for months. We all got to learn and evolve how things were done together. I think it would be a very different experience now. If you want a part time job it is a great one. People are happy when they come in an Apple Store. I met a lot of interesting people in my time there. From programmers to commercial pilots. I did it because I wanted to really didn't need the money. You will have to work weekends. Schedules are usually done 2 weeks in advance. My friends and I had a Friday night poker game for the last 20 years so I told them I'm not available week days or Fri nights. Other than that I'm yours. <br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: So, should I go interview@the Apple Retail Sto - 06/20/05 09:15 AM

Go for it. I applied for a part-time job at the Boca Store a few month a go when business was slow. But by the time the whole clearance process was done and they offered my the job, I had taken a full-time gig at an ad agency. And then came the decision to move back to NY. So I had to decline. But I may see if I can get a weekend gig at the SoHo store after I get settled up there. Can't sneeze at the discount! <br><br>

Re: So, should I go interview@the Apple Retail Sto - 06/20/05 09:46 AM

how much of a discount?<br><br>

Re: So, should I go interview@the Apple Retail Sto - 06/20/05 11:35 AM

It varies. But +/-10% is the norm.<br><br>

Re: So, should I go interview@the Apple Retail Sto - 06/20/05 11:38 AM

I believe it's 15%...<br><br>Back in Black...

Re: So, should I go interview@the Apple Retail Sto - 06/20/05 11:44 AM

I was told it varied. Some items are 15%, but she said some are under 10.<br><br>

Re: So, should I go interview@the Apple Retail Sto - 06/20/05 11:47 AM

A friend of mine is a 'key holder' in a Connecticut Apple store, and he gets 15%...It might depend on position.<br><br>Back in Black...

Re: So, should I go interview@the Apple Retail Sto - 06/20/05 06:30 PM

Apple employees can purchase 1 system a year through the Employee Purchase Program Web Store at 25% discount. And 3 systems annually at 15% discount for family and friends. Unless it has changes since I left in 03.<br><br>

Re: So, should I go interview@the Apple Retail Sto - 06/20/05 06:32 PM

I was told it varied.<br><br>They were probably referring to purchases in the store. That's around 10% for employees depending. But their is an EPP store employees can purchase things from at a bigger discount.<br><br>

Re: So, should I go interview@the Apple Retail Sto - 06/21/05 05:44 AM

cool, i've scheduled my interview for next Tuesday at 4:30<br><br>

Re: So, should I go interview@the Apple Retail Sto - 06/21/05 08:12 AM

Good luck, David. <br><br><br><br><br>And just remember all your pals here when it comes to those discounts! <br><br>

Re: So, should I go interview@the Apple Retail Sto - 06/21/05 08:13 AM

Aha. The manager was a little vague.<br><br>