Changes afoot @ the Apple store...

Posted by: Pete

Changes afoot @ the Apple store... - 06/15/05 01:46 PM

Haven't made my move yet, and now I think I'm glad I didn't:<br><br><br><br>No more single 1.8 in case you're slow. <br><br>Back in Black...
Posted by: RubenC

Re: Changes afoot @ the Apple store... - 06/15/05 03:25 PM

If your looking for a good compromise, the 2.3 would be a good choice due to the 8 slots for Ram as opposed to the 4 slots with the low end dual.<br><br>
Posted by: Bryan

Re: Changes afoot @ the Apple store... - 06/15/05 03:26 PM

Does the 2.3ghz have a Pontiac radiator?<br><br>
Posted by: garyW

Re: Changes afoot @ the Apple store... - 06/15/05 03:27 PM

What changed in the 2 an 2.3 configs?<br><br>
Posted by: Bryan

Re: Changes afoot @ the Apple store... - 06/15/05 03:29 PM

It used to be 1.8. 2. 2.5 and 2.7, I think. <br><br>Faster DVD burner and better graphics? Maybe not. <br><br>
Posted by: RubenC

Re: Changes afoot @ the Apple store... - 06/15/05 03:31 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Does the 2.3ghz have a Pontiac radiator?<p><hr></blockquote><p>LOL ! Absolutely not! It has a Ford radiator. <br><br>
Posted by: Beniitec

Re: Changes afoot @ the Apple store... - 06/15/05 03:33 PM

I made a purchase last week (Tues) after keynote of the dual 2. I made one config change on the order (256 meg video card) and it said it would ship in 3 to 5. I got an email yesterday stating that there was some "unforseen circumstances" and now they may not ship until the 21st. frown Now the config is changing and I am buying the low end machine.....<br><br>

Re: Changes afoot @ the Apple store... - 06/15/05 03:54 PM

Did the price change on the dual 2 gig? A friend was going to buy and he told me it actually went up. Is that true?<br><br>
Posted by: Topper

Re: Changes afoot @ the Apple store... - 06/15/05 04:01 PM

You should be able to change the order, right?<br><br>

Re: Changes afoot @ the Apple store... - 06/15/05 04:10 PM

Email just came...It shipped a few minutes ago... Hmm...<br><br>

Re: Changes afoot @ the Apple store... - 06/15/05 04:11 PM

I don't think it's changed.<br><br>

Re: Changes afoot @ the Apple store... - 06/15/05 04:50 PM

NO changes to the specs of the actual machines- only thing that changed is they dropped the low-end single-processor 1.8 model...<br><br>That's it, people. I'm guessing there'll be either some minor bumps at MW in July or simply some price drops...<br><br><br>Back in Black...

Re: Changes afoot @ the Apple store... - 06/15/05 04:57 PM

why the "new" label on each model? I couldn't figure it out.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: Changes afoot @ the Apple store... - 06/15/05 05:52 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Haven't made my move yet, and now I think I'm glad I didn't<p><hr></blockquote><p>Good lord, you've been waiting to "make your move" since I bought my G5 two years ago! <br><br>Personal memo: [i]*Never play chess with Pete* <br><br>

Re: Changes afoot @ the Apple store... - 06/15/05 07:40 PM

The 'new' label has been up since they introduced the line of Powermacs you see on the site- dual 2, 2.3, 2.7...<br><br>Hey Trog, eat me. <br><br><br>(your move)<br><br>Back in Black...
Posted by: carp

Re: Changes afoot @ the Apple store... - 06/15/05 07:59 PM

Thats funny Trog LOL<br><br>Pete<br><br>Like what the others said the 2.3 looks like the better rig deal<br>Unless the 400 mhz counts to you and the slightly larger front bus. Plus you plan to buy the 30 inch display<br><br>

Re: Changes afoot @ the Apple store... - 06/15/05 08:04 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>eat me. <br><br>(your move)<p><hr></blockquote><p> I think I'll stop right there.<br><br>

Re: Changes afoot @ the Apple store... - 06/15/05 08:17 PM

Don't worry trog<br><br>Eat me is a "Checkers" term<br>Capture me is a "Chess" term<br><br>So yes you can still play Chess with Pete [winnk]<br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Changes afoot @ the Apple store... - 06/15/05 08:53 PM

carp I think it is 'King Me' in checkers. <br>*note to self - hell note to everyone, do not play checkers with carp*<br><br>
Posted by: drjohn

Re: Changes afoot @ the Apple store... - 06/15/05 08:56 PM

Hahahaha<br><br>

Re: Changes afoot @ the Apple store... - 06/15/05 09:04 PM

ROFL! <br><br>"Eat me or King me, the choice is yours!" <br><br>

Re: Changes afoot @ the Apple store... - 06/15/05 10:35 PM

LOL<br>Shelie its eat me in the field and King me when you reach the end of the board, then you can advance backwards.<br><br>In Chess you always "Capture" your opponent - just a bit more civilized but you can eat them later if you want<br><br>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Changes afoot @ the Apple store... - 06/16/05 04:56 AM

Better than "Queen me"! <br><br>- alec

Re: Changes afoot @ the Apple store... - 06/16/05 07:30 AM

The dual 2-gig is enough for me- I've come to the conclusion that you should never buy a Mac like it's going to last you 10 years, because ultimately Apple always comes out with something cooler and you're going to want to upgrade in about 4 or 5 at the most.<br><br>So the 'low-end' dual 2-gig (or whatever it winds up being in the next few weeks) will be good enough for me- hell I was almost ready to snatch up the single 1.8 until they took it off the site! Anything made in the last 2-3 years trumps my dual-500mhz by a longshot...<br><br><br>Back in Black...
Posted by: SgtBaxter

Did I miss something? - 06/16/05 09:52 AM

Did I miss something? This has been the lineup for about 2 months now.<br><br>

Re: Did I miss something? - 06/16/05 09:54 AM

(slaps forehead)<br><br><br><br><br><br>Back in Black...