Post your screenshot of your desktop here!

Posted by: OSXaddict

Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/06/02 10:50 PM

I'll start it off by posting mine...picture is courtesy of my esteemed friend Waleed! This doesn't do the actual picture justice and if you want your own copy, let me or Waleed know. (Though, I could probably get it to you a bit faster )<br>This is a little blurry do to saving it for web and making it smaller...<br><br><br><br><br>[color:blue]This poster is too lame to come up with his own sig...so he stole another one</font color=blue><br><br>
Posted by: walzuhair

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/06/02 11:06 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Though, I could probably get it to you a bit faster<p><hr></blockquote><p>You mock my dialup connection How dare you <br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/06/02 11:13 PM

Beautiful photo, walzuhair, did you shoot that shot yourself? Is that anywhere near your home?<br><br>Hey OSXAddict, where did you get that PBG4 icon for your HD?<br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/07/02 12:05 AM

Found it!<br><br><br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/07/02 03:33 AM

Thanks Trog.. Yes, I took this shot at dawn today (Kuwait local time - GMT+3). Today is our last day vacationing in Kuwait and we'll head back to Riyadh tomorrow morning.<br><br>The picture is for a mall with a marina called "Soog Sharg".<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/07/02 05:46 AM

Here's mine. What did you expect? <br><br>BTW, the theme is Quicksilver R, a remake of Iridium Quicksilver that works with Jaguar. Find it here:<br><br> http://www.resexcellence.com/themes<br><br>I like it. Trashed BBX Mercury X theme, got tired of it very quickly. Brushed theme and this theme is all I have right now, plus of course Aqua, which I never use. <br><br>Oh yeah, that is just a high res desktop pic I found at http://www.dieselstation.com, not my Boxster. Mine is Arctic Silver. Some nice shots there BTW of the new (when is it coming I wonder?) Mazda RX 8, sample below. That looks REALLY nice! <br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by mikeb_X on 12/07/02 09:11 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/07/02 05:49 AM

Nice shot Waleed. Your camera just blows me away, it takes such excellent shots, plus of course, you are very skilled at composition.<br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/07/02 06:00 AM

Towers, towers, all around me...<br><br><br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/07/02 06:18 AM

Here's mine, scaled down:<br><br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/07/02 06:22 AM

Another great shot by Waleed! Wow, I really love that one. If only you had cable so we could downloadsome of your pictures. The lighting is fabulous on that shot. Obviously someone who knows the best light is around dawn or dusk. Very nice! I am guessing you took that shot in the morning today?<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by mikeb_X on 12/07/02 09:24 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/07/02 06:36 AM

Thanks.. Yes, took the shot around 5:45AM today with a long exposure.. The Nikon Coolpix 5700 makes me sometimes cry on the shots I've wasted using my other cameras.. Not to mention having all the power of Nikon on digital media makes you examine and alter the composition on the spot.. I keep around 20% of the shots I take.. I'm really happy with it.<br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/07/02 06:44 AM

Dewd, you have such great stuff! You really ought to be shopping it around to ad agencies or stock photo houses.<br><br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/07/02 06:45 AM

I agree steve! Waleed's photos are awesome.<br><br>
Posted by: Giaguara

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/07/02 06:52 AM

Here some last ones:<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><a href="http://digilander.libero.it/Mulattabianca/ical/">more here</a><br><br>Giaguara<br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/07/02 06:56 AM

Intellectual rights are not yet respected where I come from. Once a CD is published, it will be pirated instantly; I'm enjoying my hobby now. I might one day venture into freelance photography, but the license is extremely difficult and it's putting me off.<br><br>
Posted by: Mcteak

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/07/02 07:26 AM

WOW my friend, that is a super shot! You have such a creative eye and talent. Please share more. I enjoy just logging in to see what you will use as your sig and or icon!<br><br>"The day people stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them." Colin Powell
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/07/02 08:12 AM

Just gorgeous shots by Waleed. Wha tthe others have said about shopping the pics around is absolutely rught!<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/07/02 08:44 AM

Here's mine. Of course, I took the shot at dawn, just as Waleed does <br><br><br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/07/02 09:06 AM

Nice shot, you get up early too then I see.<br><br>The new "seasonal" sig is a shot of the Christmas Market in Munich in front of the City Hall building with the domes of the Frauenkirche Cathedral in the far distance. Can't wait to see it myself in TWO weeks. <br><br>EDIT: Oops, wrong sig. Let's see if that fixed it.<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by mikeb_X on 12/07/02 12:10 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/07/02 09:11 AM

One more try.<br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/07/02 09:12 AM

What a/b getting a U.S. rep, then ó someone who can sell your work for you in the 'States? Or are you still governed by local laws and protocol?<br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/07/02 09:15 AM

I always thought you were a bit of a space cadet. Thanks for the confirmation! <br><br>*ground control to major tom...*<br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/07/02 09:32 AM

I went into orbit sometime around 1966 and have never really re-entered. I used to be called Major Tom, but . . .<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/07/02 10:03 AM

I'm down wid dat, bro. Still in orbit myself. No decent deli's up here, but everytime I think a/b re-entry, I remember how my @ss starts to burn up, so I just stays put. <br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/07/02 11:40 AM

International export has no restrictions and no taxes.. But the major issue here is photography; it requires a lot of approvals from many government entities. Thatís why I still have not taken any pictures of Riyadh (other than that tower), I almost had my camera confiscated once and Iíve been very discrete since then.<br><br>Itís very sad... BRB.. I'll go cry now... Booo hooo..<br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/07/02 12:16 PM

<br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/07/02 12:20 PM

Brrrrrrr....<br>By the way, this is a perfect place for GeoCaching <br><br>
Posted by: greenme1

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/07/02 05:50 PM

Nice pictures Waleed! <br><br>
Posted by: sean

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/07/02 06:38 PM

well, after Waleed posts his desktop photo the competition for the nicest desktop is long gone.<br><br>this was taken at sunset as i was squeezing every bit of light out of the day to teach my little daughter the finer points of fishing in northern minnesota.<br><br><br><br>[color:blue] -sean</font color=blue>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/07/02 07:00 PM

That's such a cool shot of you and your daughter...who baited the hook? Looks like you docked your dock.<br><br>"The day people stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them." Colin Powell

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/07/02 07:02 PM

You know what they say about Minnesota, "Land of 10,000 lakes and 10,000,000 mosquitos!" <br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/07/02 08:00 PM

heh...the first fish we caught, she was holding the pole and she reeled it in and immediately reached out and held the fish. that's when i thought about having her stick the leeches on the hook (i don't particularly like that sort of thing, and she couldn't care less). <br><br>[color:blue] -sean</font color=blue>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/07/02 09:00 PM

That is one heck of a young lady you have there...<br><br>"The day people stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them." Colin Powell

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/08/02 01:00 AM

You should try and adjust that image with Photoshop, Sean. It is a cute shot, but it needs fixing.<br><br>I'd try the Auto Levels first, I bet it would help it a lot. I just did that for a forum member at one of the Boxster forums I visit. His photo was all washed out, Auto Levels did wonders for it. You have Photoshop I hope, or at least Photoshop Elements? Graphic Converter could help too if you don't have either of the above.<br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/08/02 05:48 AM

Here's another desktop shot, this time with our Boxster down at the harbor on the first day we had the car.<br><br><br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/08/02 05:54 AM

i did play with it in photoshop. it was originally crystal clear and the waves were annoying as they reflected the sun too brightly. the sun was also way too bright and i had to select it and turn down the brightness -- i like dark and dull for the desktop -- less distracting for me. i spent a lot of time on it. it does look much better on my 22" screen the the 30% jpg image i saved for the web.<br><br>cheers!<br><br>[color:blue] -sean</font color=blue>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/08/02 05:57 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>i spent a lot of time on it. it does look much better on my 22" screen the the 30% jpg image i saved for the web.<br><p><hr></blockquote><p>Boy I sure hope so, that image would be unusable for me if it looked anything like it does here. <br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/08/02 08:06 AM

for the record, we probably have very different tastes. i like to have a good contrast between the background and the items on my desktop. the second photo you posted has too much light and dark areas all mingled together, which would confuse me as items on my desktop grew more numerous. i clean my desktop once a month and tend to have up to 4 - 5 columns of items towards the end of the month. i couldn't stand to try and read the item names in white when they overlap onto a white background. that's why i prefer a darker background. the 8" x 12" i ordered of my photo look vibrant and full of life, but would be a horrible desktop image for me.<br><br>[color:blue] -sean</font color=blue>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/08/02 10:24 AM

Here is my favorite holiday desktop from last year, but this year I actually have OSX. Lori, how do you do the tabbed folders at the top of yours? I can't find a preference setting anywhere. Is it a special program?<br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/08/02 10:36 AM

That is an application called DragThing. I have been using it for at least 3 or 4 years. <br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/08/02 10:42 AM

Thanks, I'll check it out.<br><br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/08/02 10:45 AM

I have to get that desk top...oh please oh please tell me where I can find it, and no I'am not begging, but if I must........<br><br>"The day people stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them." Colin Powell

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/08/02 10:57 AM

Whatever works for you Sean. For me it has to be a high quality desktop picture. I also don't like clutter on the desktop, so I put everthing into folders. I couldn't imagine 4-5 columns of files on the desktop. To each his own I guess. <br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/08/02 10:59 AM

Beg and I'll sic the Jag girl on you. Oh wait you would like that.<br>Here is the link.(which is also on the MacMinute homepage but not for this pic)<br>http://www.macdesktops.com/<br>Scroll down to Holidays. Enjoy!<br><br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/08/02 11:03 AM

OK no begging, well a little maybe. Thank you!<br><br>"The day people stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them." Colin Powell

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/08/02 11:18 AM

Merry X-Mas!<br><br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/08/02 11:45 AM

I was going to ask my honey to get me the camera that you use( for christmas) until I went to the Apple website and saw the price.....boooooooooohoooooooo<br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/08/02 11:56 AM

The Nikon Coolpix 5700 - $1,199.00 <br><br>Ouch! That's a little too much for me! <br><br> (by about $1,000) <br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/08/02 12:19 PM

Hehe... I sold my older Sony DSC-P1 camera and boooooooooohooooooooed for a couple of months before I bought mine <br><br>May I recommend the new Canon S45 instead, it's a 4MP camera with lots of bells and whistles. It has a feature called ďstitchingĒ and itís used for panoramic pictures. You set the camera on a tripod, take snapshot, then your turn the camera right/left/up/down and stitch another shot to it.. I think you can stitch 4 shots into one.. Just think of the fun you can have.. You can take a picture of your entire room panning 360 degrees <br><br>If itís still expensive and a 3MP camera is ok with you, then go for the Canon S30. It has the same features but with lower resolution.. They are both great cameras.<br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/08/02 12:24 PM

$1,199 is retail price greenme1.. I shopped around and got it for $1,040. <br>It's still expensive, but I think it's worth every penny.<br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/08/02 12:29 PM

That's a bit better, now it is only $800 out of my price range! <br> If i were to get a nice camera it would be the Canon S45 you mentioned earlier.<br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/08/02 12:50 PM

I have the Canon PowerShot S30 you mention there, Waleed and I love it! Still a lot more to learn about it.<br><br>Personally, the 3MegaPixel is probably good enough for most folks.<br><br><br><br>[color:blue]This poster is too lame to come up with his own sig...so he stole another one</font color=blue><br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/08/02 02:49 PM

Must have that shot of the dunes Waleed! Can you eMail it to me please? 1024X768 if you could. I appreciate the other ones you sent me, they are great. <br><br>bliemel@mac.com<br><br>TIA<br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/08/02 04:15 PM

Yes, I agree..I want those dunes too! 1280x854<br><br><br><br>[color:blue]This poster is too lame to come up with his own sig...so he stole another one</font color=blue><br><br>
Posted by: sross

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/08/02 04:36 PM

Me too.<br>1024 x768 stretched<br>(cinema display)<br>I wanna be a DUNE DUDE too. <br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/08/02 04:40 PM

There ya go, Waleed ó iDunes! Just sell your inages to Apple to use as DT pics.<br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/08/02 07:18 PM

I think that is the one I want. Now I know I can count on you if I have any problems...haha Is that ok with you?<br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/09/02 02:01 AM

The complete photo is this:<br><br><br>I cropped a part for the signature.. Do you still want it?<br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/09/02 02:12 AM

LOL.. iDunes Yeah, of all the people in the world and those pros, let's get some armature shots from a bozo in Arabia <br><br>But that's a good idea Steve.. Theme photography to start on building a marketable collection.. Thanks <br><br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/09/02 02:38 AM

Are you talking about the camera or me? just kidding...<br><br>Sure! I love this camera!<br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/09/02 02:40 AM

Doh! I have that pic already..it's on my desktop now! Great shot....you should show your stuff around.<br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/09/02 04:16 AM

Oh yeah, I knew I saw those dunes before. In that case no, I don't want it. So, you must go and take a new iDunes picture for us all with better composition! Which reminds me I have to get out to the desert here sometime and shot some dunes, we have some pretty big ones in the desert east of San Diego. Of course, it ain't Saudi Arabia.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/09/02 08:04 AM

<br><br><br>Visit me here!

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/09/02 08:11 AM

Getting into the holiday spirit eh? <br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/09/02 08:14 AM

Yeah... I enjoy Christmas and it's the only holiday I deck out my mac for!<br><br><br>Visit me here!

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/09/02 09:01 AM

Cool, i should try that! <br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/09/02 01:33 PM

Why is it showing me as idle when I had set it to "Away - At Work"??<br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/09/02 01:36 PM

It always displays someone as Idle even if they are away, and it won't show you away message! I hate that, is there any way to fix it?<br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/09/02 05:51 PM

It will show you the away message, but only if you move your mouse over the persons name (at least I think it will)<br><br><br>Visit me here!

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/09/02 05:54 PM

Nope, it doesn't work for me.<br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/09/02 06:37 PM

On mine I see the away messages..like yours was Smoking Ganja or something like that (now it's blank, but you are still in the away mode..)<br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/09/02 06:39 PM

Even with people who are Idle?<br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/09/02 06:42 PM

Idle is ..idle. Yours says Quiet.<br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/09/02 06:50 PM

<br><br><br>Visit me here!

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/09/02 06:54 PM

Yeah, but i want someone who is away, but idle to say the away message instead of saying idle.<br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/09/02 06:57 PM

What the hell for??? They aren't there, so does it really matter why?<br><br>Honestly, iChat was meant to be an "intro" to Chat from Apple... anyone needing all the bells & whistles would be wise to not wait for Apple to put them in iChat, cause it aint gonna happen for a long time. Get FIRE or AIM for that stuff.<br><br><br>Visit me here!

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/09/02 07:04 PM

Yeah, i can live with it. <br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/09/02 07:04 PM

So does Layne have some new holiday stuff over at Blue Sky Heart? I love those desktops. Writing to Santa?<br><br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/09/02 07:17 PM

Seems BSH doesn't update very often, so I took one of his old Christmas ones and resized it with my own background. The eSanta app I downloaded to test... I'm going to take it over my parents house so my nephew can send Santa an e-mail and get his response! <br><br><br>Visit me here!

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/09/02 07:58 PM

No he doesn't. Your modification looks great. I saw that eSanta for download on Macupdate I think. I was hoping you had it for your nephew. We just printed our annual "Letters to Santa" tab and every year there are some good ones.<br><br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/10/02 03:04 AM

I find iChat to be a lot better than Fire or AIM itself. Ease of use (drag and drop files) and all that makes it the best one out there. And I have used AIM for a long time. There isn't anything (other than that little idle bug) that the others do that iChat doesn't. Heck, I don't think Fire.app supports file-transfer. And I know AIM doesn't have voice on OSX. (not saying iChat does either, just wondering why you would say that those are better)<br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/10/02 06:27 AM

Are you serious??? AIM has voice, video, file-transfer, multiple away messages, stock ticker, news ticker, e-mail check and a host of other features...<br><br>While I think AIM has more to offer, that doesn't mean I like it. I never liked those "combo" apps that do more than one thing... I have an e-mail program, I have a web browser for news & stocks, so I don't need all that crap. Voice & Video would be nice in iChat, but it's probably a novelty I would grow tired of quickly.<br><br><br>Visit me here!

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/10/02 11:17 AM

iChat also doesn't support animated Gif's. <br><br><br>[color:red]New sig. courtesy of iRock.</font color=red>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/10/02 12:21 PM

I found that out...hahaha<br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/10/02 01:12 PM

MacGizmo, are you saying that the newest AIM for OSX supports voice and video?? Since when?? I know the OS9 version had voice, but no video. <br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/10/02 05:42 PM

The windows version has it... us Mac users are screwed... but that's not iChat's fault, AIM didn't have it either.<br><br><br>Visit me here!

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/10/02 07:07 PM

uh..ok..so that invalidates your entire response earlier LOL<br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/10/02 08:21 PM

Here's the rumor mill at work. Sound and video's a-comin' boys and girls <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/11/02 06:09 AM

No, I was talking about the windows version...<br><br><br>Visit me here!

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/11/02 06:12 AM

right, cause AIM for OS X sucks pond water...and the gui is ugly ugly ugly!!!<br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/11/02 06:14 AM

Frozen pond water as of right now <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/11/02 06:19 AM

Yeah... I tried AIM for OSX a while ago and it was very, shall we say, un-Mac-like!<br><br><br>Visit me here!

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/11/02 10:53 AM

ah dude this sux. so, all this time i have been telling my students that i am not here, they could know that i am using my computer if the away message is displayed? the only time i am *really* away is when it says idle? i've probably been caught in about 3,568 lies and i am just now realizing it. stupid design even for a 1.0 version.<br><br>away should mean away. idle should only work when you are available. this seems like very basic functionality. <br><br>i might as well change my away message to, "i am really here and want to see if some people i like are available to chat, but i am trying to avoid you because i would rather waste my time on the macintosh forums. cheers!"<br><br>[color:blue] -sean</font color=blue>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/11/02 04:34 PM

Aha! So all those times I have seen you online was nothing more than trying to avoid me?? <br><br>LOL I know..just giving you grief <br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/11/02 04:57 PM

Cell Cycle arrest pics on your desktop. Stop tormenting those poor little yeast. Set them free and release them from S1. <br>Nice coral head pic.<br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/11/02 04:57 PM

What happened to your avatar John???<br><br><br>Visit me here!

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/11/02 05:55 PM

Was gonna use a new one but couldn't get it to show up, so I tried to go back to the old one and same thing...got very frustrated so I gave up.<br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/11/02 06:25 PM

well what the heck is the problem!!!! I want to see your face, it is just not the same without seeing your face!!<br>Tell us what is happening so maybe we can help you.<br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/11/02 06:30 PM

It gives the broken icon when I inserted the url into the control panel.<br><br>I uploaded the picture via iPhoto. Will try another method tomorrow or later on...<br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/11/02 09:24 PM

Go Goliath, John. It never fails.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/11/02 10:03 PM

You know John I can't get your .mac link with the snow pictures you posted the other day to load. My .mac page is working but yours has the standard user not found page. Maybe something is wrong there. <br><br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/12/02 02:40 AM

The snow video? I took it off..replaced with the fridge one.<br><br>I still have it...on sale for only $19.99! <br><br>but wait!! there's more!! if you order now, I'll throw in a new video!<br><br>uh..maybe not. <br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/12/02 05:43 AM

No this one <br>http://homepage.mac.com/rougeuxj/PhotoAlbum23.html<br>I saw the fridge one ok.<br><br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/12/02 07:58 AM

I can't get to his page either... page not available error.<br><br><br>Visit me here!

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/12/02 08:19 AM

Me neither. Maybe John is a figment of our collective imaginations an Apple has just opted out of that collectivity <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/12/02 12:59 PM

I am not sure which one that was...if it was the video of the snow, I took it off .Mac<br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/12/02 05:32 PM

I think you have everything gone off of .mac. Do you have a link to your still pics? Like the fall pictures around Kentucky with carp sign? <br><br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/12/02 05:38 PM

Should be http://homepage.mac.com/rougeuxj<br><br>yeah..that works. And the fall ones are here: http://homepage.mac.com/rougeuxj/PhotoAlbum11.html<br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by OSXaddict on 12/12/02 08:40 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/12/02 05:46 PM

Ahh you yanked all the snow ones. I can get these.<br><br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/12/02 06:00 PM

The only winter ones I can think of is the movie one..Otherwise, I'm sure I have them in iPhoto if you want a copy.<br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/12/02 06:03 PM

Oh you are right, I'm all blonde and stuff.<br><br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/12/02 06:05 PM

hey..it's ok..at least you weren't playing Boys 2 Men like some people I know and then try to cover your tracks <br><br>You should hop up on iChat some time...<br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/12/02 06:06 PM

Everytime I can check it's an empty room. I will try to check more often.<br><br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/12/02 06:13 PM

Well, yeah..2am your time is 5am here! LOL <br><br>I'll keep the MM room open again for anyone who wants to stop by...seems we haven't done that in a week at least.<br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/12/02 07:57 PM

fix your damned avatar already!!! <br><br><br>Visit me here!

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/13/02 11:23 AM

Right...and yours is broken too!! <br><br>hello pot...kettle calling <br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/13/02 03:47 PM

Yeah... but mine is gone because my web server is down... your's is gone because... well, you have no reason!!! <br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/13/02 05:16 PM

I think this thread is becoming the new L*UK*RS thread.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/13/02 05:16 PM

That's what I think,anyway.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/13/02 05:17 PM

I guess if I didn't think it I wouldn't have said it, huh?<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/13/02 05:18 PM

If anyone thinks I'm padding, well, I'm not.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/13/02 05:56 PM

sure sure..<br><br>and you said lurkers! <br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/13/02 10:13 PM

<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/13/02 10:15 PM

I mean, I didn't say "lurkers" (and that's a quote from you, John ). What I said was L*RK*RS. <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/13/02 10:50 PM

Well, I could have sworn you said lurkers...and even quoting it is bad! <br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/13/02 11:18 PM

Keep swearing and one of the MacBabes will wash your mouth out with soap! <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/14/02 06:26 AM

Maybe he was trying to say jerker, and hit the wrong key.<br><br>[color:green]"The day people stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them." Colin Powell</font color=green>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/14/02 06:28 AM

<br><br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/14/02 06:46 AM

That's no fair!! He gets her..and I keep begging <br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/14/02 07:59 AM

<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/14/02 10:02 AM

John, you are such a dork! She is coming to wash your mouth out!<br><br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/14/02 05:22 PM

Yea...just what do you have to do to earn such a unjustified fate?<br><br>[color:green]"The day people stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them." Colin Powell</font color=green>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/14/02 05:32 PM

Oh...just forget my other post. Washing out someone's mouth is not my kind of fun.<br><br>[color:green]"The day people stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them." Colin Powell</font color=green>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/14/02 05:35 PM

LOL<br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/14/02 06:52 PM

Keep swearing and one of the MacBabes will wash your mouth out with soap! <br>In answer to saying lur#er according to Yoyo<br><br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/14/02 07:19 PM

I swear I was not swearing and I was not Lur#ing, just conducting a recon of the area. Oh yea, what kind of soap, Irish Spring?<br><br>[color:green]"The day people stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them." Colin Powell</font color=green>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/14/02 07:57 PM

Oh I was just kidding OSXAddict. As a swingin' single, I figured he would welcome a visit from a girl in skimpy clothes.<br>But if there is mouth washing needed it would be with this...<br> <br><br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/14/02 08:03 PM

LOL<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/15/02 12:55 AM

LOL.. I never knew moose drool had enough oil to make soap.. Eewwwww..<br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/15/02 12:58 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> I never knew moose drool had enough oil to make soap..<p><hr></blockquote><p>All you have to do is keep them on a steady diet of fast food! <br><br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/15/02 10:23 AM

Most definately I would love it! <br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/15/02 11:59 AM

What? Th eMoose Drool Soap? <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/15/02 12:22 PM

No..if a macbabe came over dressed skimpily <br><br><br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/15/02 02:05 PM

I can see that <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/15/02 04:00 PM

Girl good, moose soap bad...really really bad!<br><br>[color:green]"The day people stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them." Colin Powell</font color=green>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/15/02 04:06 PM

I take it you are speaking from personal experience? <br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/15/02 04:09 PM

Not yet at least. But think about it...yeck spit, yuck....<br><br>[color:green]"The day people stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them." Colin Powell</font color=green>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/15/02 08:04 PM

Will this thread ever die??? <br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/15/02 08:06 PM

I'm telling you, it's become the new you know what thread.<br><br>Good lord, I just had a nightmarish thought--what happens if the thread that must not be named cross-polinates the banana virus?!?!?!?!<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/15/02 08:11 PM

ack!!!!<br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/15/02 08:18 PM

Good lord, I just had a nightmarish thought--what happens if the thread that must not be named cross-polinates the banana virus?!?!?!?!<br>Then we'll have to call for help!<br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/15/02 08:19 PM

That man looks too happy. Doesn't he realize there's a banana in attack position?<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/15/02 08:32 PM

If you don't think it's possible for cross-polination, take a gander at this picture.<br><br><br><br>See how they're beginning to look like bananas? Those poor peppers didn't stand a chance.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/15/02 10:16 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> That man looks too happy. Doesn't he realize there's a banana in attack position?<p><hr></blockquote><p>He is obviously under the control of the banana! <br><br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/16/02 03:09 AM

And this guy think's it is a pen!<br><br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/16/02 05:59 AM

Someone pinch me I'm sure I am having an awful dream about evil bananas and their efforts to take over the world!<br><br><br><br>[color:green]"The day people stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them." Colin Powell</font color=green>
Posted by: lesh

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/16/02 07:11 AM

Sorry McTeak - it's all very VERY real!! We be BananaBabes, now!<br><br><br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/16/02 07:34 AM

BananaBabes.....dang can't think of anything to say....must turn away....to late....too many gutter thoughts running through my head...to close to Christmas....must make Santa's good list...<br><br><br><br>[color:green]"The day people stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them." Colin Powell</font color=green>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/16/02 09:21 AM

Hey, lesh, look at this hunky guy out cruising for BananaBabes. What a mensch!<br><br><br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/16/02 02:12 PM

Wow, I wish i had one of those, it looks like a babe-magnet! <br><br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/16/02 04:17 PM

This poor fellow is almost gone!<br><br><br>and then they have this!!<br><br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/16/02 06:23 PM

You won't find these on Google...<br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/16/02 06:32 PM

LOL true...but some of us don't have the skills like you <br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/16/02 06:54 PM

Like greenme said, you've got yourself a real BanabaBabe magnet, OSXaddict!<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/16/02 07:10 PM

I thought you had your shots to protect you from that stuff?<br><br><br><br>[color:green]"The day people stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them." Colin Powell</font color=green>
Posted by: rman

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/17/02 02:08 PM

Yes, We Have No Bananas<br><br>http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/Humor/Music/NoBananas.htm<br><br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/17/02 02:23 PM

LOL<br><br>Although our problem is we have too many bananas!<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/17/02 04:54 PM

I've had it with this stupid thread.<br><br><embed src="http://www.jdempsey.com/sigs/sounds/kickem.wav" width=320 height=25 controller=false><br><br><br><br>Visit Me At My .Mac Site

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/17/02 04:56 PM

Who is that?<br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/17/02 05:21 PM

"The Texas Rattlesnake says What? I said The Texas Rattlesnake says to shut your damn mouth and stop asking stupid questions, or I'll knock your teeth right down your damn throat... and that's the bottom line, cause Stone Cold said so!"<br><br><br><embed src="http://www.jdempsey.com/sigs/sounds/mix.wav" width=320 height=25 controller=false loop=3><br><br><br>Visit Me At My .Mac Site

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/17/02 06:03 PM

Ahh..I don't watch wrestling....<br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/17/02 06:44 PM

It's the funniest stuff on TV, you should check it out! <br><br><br>Visit Me At My .Mac Site

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/17/02 06:45 PM

Nah...that's ok...you are entertainment enough! <br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/17/02 06:48 PM

What, I'm a clown? I'm here for your amusement? I amuse you how? Funny how? I'm gonna send Joe Pesci to your house for batting practice! <br><br><br>Visit Me At My .Mac Site

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 12/17/02 06:49 PM

Hehe..great movie. <br><br>BTW, how come that audio keeps playing? <br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>
Posted by: geekmaan71

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 08/21/05 02:46 PM

Just in case anyone is having trouble uploading an image of their desktop, check out this tutorial:<br><br>http://www.postyourdesktop.com/tutorials/p2_articleid/1 <br><br>Doesn't get any easier than that :)<br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 08/21/05 03:21 PM

the poster you are responding to has passed away unfortunately.<br><br>i can't tell if you're trying to be funny or not since you're so new, but the images all worked when they were posted 3 years ago. cheers!<br><br>--<br>Straw-man rhetorical techniques are the practice of refuting weaker arguments than one's opponents offer. 2 "set up a straw man" or "set up a straw-man argument" is 2 create a position easily refuted, then attribute that position to your opponent.

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 08/21/05 03:23 PM

yes it does<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 08/21/05 04:21 PM

Yeah, thanks for the Windows tutorial. That helps us a lot.<br><br>

Re: Post your screenshot of your desktop here! - 07/26/06 07:49 PM

Hi Sean! <br><br>CreativeGuy for daily tips, tricks and commentary on all things graphic design.