Which Plasma TV is right for you?

Posted by: Bryan

Which Plasma TV is right for you? - 06/12/05 05:52 PM

I just don't understand the penis envy race to have the biggest and baddest TV these days. It's just a frickin' TV.<br><br>Anybody else hanging onto their '49 Philco until somebody prys it from their cold, dead hands?<br><br>
Posted by:

Re: Which Plasma TV is right for you? - 06/12/05 05:57 PM

274 channels of commercials and embossed network logos in the corner... but look how clear it is!! Plus, with the space-saving design, I can fill my home—and my empty soul—with more meaningless crap.<br><br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Which Plasma TV is right for you? - 06/12/05 06:01 PM

Regarding any tv, I don't think it's a "penis envy" type of thing. But if someone just has to have the 72" Big Screen.....then probably.<br><br>Personally I wouldn't mind having a LCD/Plasma TV because the crispness of the picture. Watching movies on a good tv is awesome. <br><br>Of course I still have my Mitsubishi 32" regular TV so I guess I'll just keep wishing for a LCD/Plasma one...perhaps a nice 40" one.<br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Which Plasma TV is right for you? - 06/12/05 06:45 PM

I just wish my 36" Sony Wega was bigger - not! Should be based on the size of your room.<br><br>
Posted by: drjohn

Re: Which Plasma TV is right for you? - 06/12/05 10:00 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Anybody else hanging onto their '49 Philco until somebody prys it from their cold, dead hands?<p><hr></blockquote><p>LOL<br><br>Will an early 80's 19" RCA qualify. The on button usually needs several tries to get all the guns firing, but it does okay on 3 (out of a possible 10) channels that I can choose from. For serious TV viewing (some of those other channels) we use the early 80's 5" B/W Quasar in the kitchen. It gets better reception. <br><br>
Posted by: SparkCollector

Re: Which Plasma TV is right for you? - 06/12/05 11:20 PM

Screw plasma, screw LCD...<br><br>CRTs STILL have a better picture.<br><br>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Which Plasma TV is right for you? - 06/13/05 06:58 AM

... almost as bad as monster laptop bags! <br><br>- alec
Posted by: mojo_jojo

Re: Which Plasma TV is right for you? - 06/13/05 07:20 AM

CRT's rule. Couple of months ago I picked up a 30" widescreen HDTV set. I like new stuff but I refuse to pay top dollar. The CRT is definetly the most bang for your buck. My 30" set was under $600 at Wallyworld. And compared to the lcd's, plasma's and projection screen models the CRT was the best picture. <br><br>
Posted by: skuldugary

Re: Which Plasma TV is right for you? - 06/13/05 08:23 AM

You got that right. <br><br>Up until recently, I never thought about getting a big TV, but after dropping over 30 dollars at the movies? It's cheaper to make my own theater at home and rent.<br><br>
Posted by: Pete

Re: Which Plasma TV is right for you? - 06/13/05 08:33 AM

I've been researching new TV's lately, and all the best ones seem to be CRT- picture-wise anyway. So you're right in that respect.<br><br>Although factoring into my decision are size and weight, and all the larger CRT HDTVs weigh something close to a metric ton.<br><br><br>Back in Black...
Posted by: SparkCollector

Re: Which Plasma TV is right for you? - 06/13/05 08:58 AM

So what? They weigh a ton, yes.<br><br>But once you get a big TV in place, how often do you move it?<br><br>

Re: Which Plasma TV is right for you? - 06/13/05 09:02 AM

how often do you move it?<br><br>You're obviously not married... <br><br>Back in Black...
Posted by: SgtBaxter

Re: Which Plasma TV is right for you? - 06/13/05 10:13 AM

I prefer projectors, set up a nice projector on a good screen and you're hard pressed to tell the difference between it and being at the movie theater.<br><br>Plus there is no CRT with a 15 foot screen. :)<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Which Plasma TV is right for you? - 06/13/05 10:22 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>You're obviously not married...<p><hr></blockquote><p>Perhaps we could give him an honorary membership into the club. We could have our wives call him and b|tch at him on a random basis for no reason whatsoever... then he'll understand! <br><br><br><br>CreativeGuy: For your "fix" of design software tips, tricks & commentary.

Re: Which Plasma TV is right for you? - 06/13/05 10:30 AM

I don't get that as much as I get the 'I'm bored of the way the furniture is arranged, let's move it around all day Saturday' routine...<br><br>Back in Black...
Posted by: Bryan

Re: Which Plasma TV is right for you? - 06/13/05 10:41 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>almost as bad as monster laptop bags!<p><hr></blockquote><p>LOL not hardly...<br><br>A laptop bag was what...$60? Big screen TVs are thousands Not to mention you can actuallly accomplish work in front of a computer. Nothing ever got accomplished in front of the boob tube!<br><br>

Re: Which Plasma TV is right for you? - 06/13/05 10:42 AM

Nothing ever got accomplished in front of the boob tube!<br><br>Obviously you're not married either...<br><br>Back in Black...
Posted by: RubenC

Re: Which Plasma TV is right for you? - 06/13/05 11:37 AM

LOL <br><br>