YES!!!

Posted by: steveg

YES!!! - 12/05/02 06:34 AM

Finally! The curse has been broken. <br><br><br><br><br><br>Of course, the media blizzard is a bit, shall we say. deeper <br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: YES!!! - 12/05/02 07:09 AM

Curse? <br><br>The city was cursed for not having snow?<br><br>Explain.<br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: YES!!! - 12/05/02 07:20 AM

huh?<br><br>http://raszl.net
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: YES!!! - 12/05/02 08:30 AM

I don't get it???<br><br><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: YES!!! - 12/05/02 08:40 AM

How about this:<br><br><br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: YES!!! - 12/05/02 08:42 AM

Now all you need is Bing Crosby singing "White Christmas"<br><br>

Getting there... - 12/05/02 10:47 AM

<br><br>Expecting 3-6 inched by tonight. Most snow we've seen in Manhattan for a long time. We got close to 10" 2 days before the Millenium celebration, and the crews had Times Sq. totally devoid of it all within 36 hrs.<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Getting there... - 12/05/02 06:01 PM

So the curse was that you all didn't get any or much snow?<br><br>I thought you all did..perhaps it is the heat of the city?<br><br><br>[color:red]Kiss My Banana!</font color=red>

Re: Getting there... - 12/05/02 06:08 PM

Snowfall in The City has been close to nil for the past 4 or 5 years. Hard to say why, really. It isn't as if the winters haven't been really cold. Just a lack of moisture in the air most likely. But we got 3 or 4 inches today, and it'll hang around for a while cuz it's been, and is gonna stay pretty cold for a while.<br><br>

Re: Getting there... - 12/05/02 06:10 PM

Well, you can have all of our snow if you want it! I absolutely hate it and cold weather....brrrrrr<br><br><br>[color:red]Kiss My Banana!</font color=red>

Re: Getting there... - 12/05/02 06:41 PM

I am not a snow freak. Not a skier or a dogsledder. But when the calendar says winter, I want at least one big nasty ol' nor'easter to validate the season. Then I don't care if it doesn't snow for the rest of the winter.<br><br>I admit, though, that I miss the testosterone rush I used to get behind my big-@ss 6-speed, 36" Toro snowblower. Our house near Boston had a pretty big driveway, and after two New England winters of constant shoveling (it seemed like every Tuesday and Saturday, from December to March, we got another 10"), I decided enough was enough, and bought the beast. I had the only blower on the cul-de-sac, and I loved watching my neighbors' faces as they busted their butts shoveling, or shoveled out their cash to the private snowplow guys, while I strolled liesurley behind my rumbling companion. <br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Getting there... - 12/05/02 07:22 PM

Were you in Boston during the blizzard of '78, Steve? Boy do I remember that sucker! I was still in graduate school, and for the first time ever since 1636, school was cancelled. Some enterprising kids built a ski ramp on the steps of the library. It was fun to watch the jumps right into the middle of the quad, dodging trees like mad. It was not fun to shovel, though.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: drjohn

Re: YES!!! - 12/06/02 01:12 AM

YES???<br><br>drjohn<br><br>[color:blue]My photographs[color:blue]

Re: YES!!! - 12/06/02 02:47 AM

Hehe..that's a good one <br><br>[color:red]the banana has left the building</font color=red>

Re: YES!!! - 12/06/02 03:54 AM

Well, if you're gonna dress me on yellow, the least you can do is give me a meter and an off-duty light! <br><br>

Re: Getting there... - 12/06/02 04:06 AM

I was actually living in Nashua, NH then, and working in Burlington, MA (about a 30 min. drive from Nashua). I left work early that afternoon the storm was already in full blow. Halfway home, the alternator on my car crapped out. A samaritan stopped and gave me a jump start, but I had to drive the rest of the way w/no headlights and no heater or wipers in order to conserve my battery! The car died again at the entrance to my apt. complex so I coasted into the gas station across the street and left the car there to be repaired. By the next morning, snow had drifted to the 3rd story eaves of our building, forcing the building super to literally tunnel his way out of the front entrance!<br><br>One of my co-workers became stranded on rte 128 So. on his way home, and had to be taken to a shelter with dozens of others (his car was one of those "bumps" in the snow that could be seen in the aerial news footage).<br><br>We moved back to Boston about 2 weeks after the storm, and there was still 2 ft of snow on the ground! Not fun indeed...<br><br>