Chimera rules!

Posted by: bganey

Chimera rules! - 12/03/02 03:15 PM

I must admit...I was skeptical at first...and today...I threw IE away!<br><br>OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT!!!<br><br>I downloaded the latest nightly build and enabled the http pipelining with Chimerachanga...and it is so FAST!<br><br>
Posted by: Mactico

Re: Chimera rules! - 12/03/02 03:23 PM

Welcome to the club. Chimera for President.<br><br>

Re: Chimera rules! - 12/03/02 03:31 PM

Apple needs to ship Chimera as the default browser. <br><br>
Posted by: Giaguara

Re: Chimera rules! - 12/03/02 03:33 PM

yes.<br><br>all that needs now is the correct background sound .. <br><br>Giaguara<br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: Chimera rules! - 12/03/02 03:36 PM

True, true, true.<br><br>Goombye IE. Goombye PopUpZapper. Goombye Mozilla. Goomby OW.<br>Hello bank sites. Hello card sites. Hello stock photo sites.<br><br><br>

Re: Chimera rules! - 12/03/02 03:48 PM

"Goombye?"<br><br>I think that all totally went over my head <br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: Chimera rules! - 12/03/02 04:20 PM

Ahhh, you non-ethnic types. <br><br>
Posted by: RubenC

Re: Chimera rules! - 12/03/02 04:33 PM

Chimera's great, although I have been apprehensive on downloading the nightly builds, has anyone had any problems?<br><br>[color:blue]If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door. - Milton Berle</font color=blue>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Chimera rules! - 12/03/02 04:51 PM

I use the nightly builds all the time... no problems at all.<br><br><br>Visit me here!

Re: Chimera rules! - 12/03/02 04:52 PM

You did know that Apple hired the lead programmer for chimera, didn't you? I wouldn't be shocked to see Chimera rebranded and built in to the OS... you never know! <br><br><br>Visit me here!

Re: Chimera rules! - 12/03/02 04:54 PM

That would be excellent....IE is going nowhere for now....<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Chimera rules! - 12/03/02 06:52 PM

Mozilla Macho-O is better. But I use Chimera too. The lizard rules!<br><br><br><br>

Re: Chimera rules! - 12/03/02 06:55 PM

I just wish there was a way to install navigator-only....<br><br>

Re: Chimera rules! - 12/03/02 07:20 PM

Don't get me wrong folks, I think Chimera is great too. But, I feel that for my needs Mozilla has more prefs options and better cookie management. Speedwise, this Mach-O build is as fast, if not a bit faster than Chimera on my dualie. I agree with Ganey though, Mozilla should have the option of not installing the other stuff if you don't want it. Still, it doesn't bother me to have it there, I just don't use what I don't need like the mail. The IRC client is nice to have though. I still can't scroll in this text box in Chimera. <br><br>EDIT: I can "scroll" if I highlight the text in Chimera, but technically there are no scroll bars. That screenshot from this morning, which I don't think ever showed up, shows that. Oh well, I love 'em all. What's IE?<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by mikeb_X on 12/03/02 10:45 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: Chimera rules! - 12/03/02 07:35 PM

It is great to have options though, isn't it?<br><br>

Re: Chimera rules! - 12/03/02 07:42 PM

Yep, I use Chimera a lot too. I recently also got interested again in OW 4.1, I have a license for it that I got from workfor it (free sample). Boy, it works really well on the dualie too. Almost as fast as the other two browsers we have talked about, I was amazed it was as fast as it was. <br><br>So yes, it is good to have all these choices and I am happy to see people excited about their browser(s) in OS X.<br><br>

Re: Chimera rules! - 12/03/02 07:47 PM

I can't wait for OW5 and IE6. It will be interesting to see what they have to offer. <br><br>

Re: Chimera rules! - 12/03/02 07:51 PM

Let me try that screenshot again. Yes, OW 5 should be interesting, hope they get it out soon.<br><br>EDIT: Hmmm, just checked the image on the iDisk. Zero K. Could be the problem, eh? Nothing there. That is really weird, it was about 44K when I looked at it on the iDisk this morning. <br><br><br><br>

Re: Chimera rules! - 12/03/02 08:32 PM

I think I read on a mailing list that OW5 won't be out til mid to late next year. Hopefully, they will release Sneaky Peaks like they did with 4.1<br><br><br>Visit me here!