Mozilla 1.2.1 released

Posted by: Anonymous

Mozilla 1.2.1 released - 12/03/02 03:56 AM

Mozilla 1.2.1 fixes the bug with DHTML after Mozilla 1.2 was pulled.<br><br>http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/9472<br><br>I am going to have to try this Mach-O build, sounds good and significantly faster than Mozilla 1.2.<br><br>http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/nightly/2002-11-29-07-trunk/MacMozilla-MachO.dmg.gz<br><br>EDIT: Using the Mach-O build now, it seems every bit as fast as Chimera or faster.<br><br>EDIT #2: Whoa, the Mach-O build is even faster than Chimera on my dualie 867. Awesome. Anyone ever notice that when you go to edit a post in Chimera, at least at MM forum, there are no scroll bars in the box? Not sure how it is at MCF with editing and the scroll bars.<br><br>EDIT #3: Yep, the scroll bars are there in MCF with Chimera.<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by mikeb_X on 12/03/02 07:23 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Mozilla 1.2.1 released - 12/03/02 06:22 AM

We have scroll bars here using Chimera/Moz as well... if you don't, then there's a problem.<br><br><br>Visit me here!

Re: Mozilla 1.2.1 released - 12/03/02 06:38 AM

Hmmm.... never have had them with Chimera here. Strange.<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by mikeb_X on 12/03/02 09:40 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: Mozilla 1.2.1 released - 12/03/02 06:41 AM

Well, there does have to be enough text in the box to make it scroll. If you only have one line of text, then the scroll bars probably won't appear, since there is no need for them. A nice feature IMO.<br><br><br>Visit me here!

Re: Mozilla 1.2.1 released - 12/03/02 06:45 AM

Yeah I thought about that too of course. But, I swear I have had multi-line posts here in Chimera and when I went to edit them (I knew there was more text further down in the window), there were no scroll bars. Like I said, strange. When is the banana coming back? Kinda miss it.<br><br>What did you use to get the cool candystripes in the graphic? Looks very nice, I like that a lot. <br><br>OK, so now I am in Mozilla editing this post and as it got longer, the scrollbars showed up. Will have to see if they are there now in Chimera. Back in a sec in Chimera then.<br><br>EDIT: Yep. no scroll bars in this window in Chimera. See screenshot.<br><br><br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by mikeb_X on 12/03/02 10:12 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Mozilla 1.2.1 released - 12/03/02 08:23 AM

what the heck is in that image file, Mike? For th e first time ever on X I'm getting a message that I don't have enought system memory to display it!!<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Mozilla 1.2.1 released - 12/03/02 08:35 AM

Just used photoshop with bevel, shadow, and blur filters.<br><br><br>Visit me here!

Re: Mozilla 1.2.1 released - 12/03/02 08:56 AM

Just a screenshot and I saved for web in Photoshop, about 44k in size. I think iDisk is messed up somehow. I entered the correct name for the image and all. Ah well. You need more RAM then Yoyo!!!!!!! Buy.<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Mozilla 1.2.1 released - 12/03/02 10:56 AM

I've got 640 MB of RAM, Mike--could always use more, I guess.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: Lori

Re: Mozilla 1.2.1 released - 12/03/02 11:08 AM

I got the same message as yoyo<br><br>

Re: Mozilla 1.2.1 released - 12/03/02 12:00 PM

That should be way more than enough. I was kidding of course. Strange.<br><br>