Lame (24 spoiler alert)

Posted by: Bryan

Lame (24 spoiler alert) - 05/23/05 08:51 PM

Wow...the season finale of '24' was about as bad as the entire season's writing. Oh no...Jack is officially dead...BUT HE'S ALIVE!!!<br><br>Time to return the Hollywood Book of Overused Cliches back to the library, Fox network. <br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: Lame (24 spoiler alert) - 05/23/05 08:56 PM

I think they will see a major drop in ratings next season. I finished watching the whole season since I started it, but I won't bother with the next season. I think a lot of people felt the same way.<br><br>
Posted by: Optimus_George

Re: Lame (24 spoiler alert) - 05/23/05 08:57 PM

I kind of liked it (The finale and the season). Although I was hoping to hear the theme to The Incredible Hulk at the end of the episode. <br><br>

Re: Lame (24 spoiler alert) - 05/23/05 09:03 PM

It's still better than most shows on TV (CSI, Cold Case and other assorted nonsense,) but they need to fire the writers. The overused cliches, soap opera theatrics and retreaded plot devices are so bad, it's beyond the pale. <br><br>I fully expected another mole in CTU before the season ended. Instead, they went back to the "bad guy holding a loved one hostage so you'll do what they want" template. <br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: Lame (24 spoiler alert) - 05/23/05 10:05 PM

<EMBED SRC="http://idisk.mac.com/mikeleboeuf/Public/FamilyGuy.mp4", WIDTH=180, HEIGHT=150 CONTROLLER=TRUE AUTOPLAY=FALSE><br><br>
Posted by: Optimus_George

Re: Lame (24 spoiler alert) - 05/24/05 04:27 AM

WOW!!! You've managed to roll 3 shows into one great clip! <br><br>Don't cry Sam...
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Lame (24 spoiler alert) - 05/24/05 06:34 AM

I still found the season to be pretty good, despite the few cliché scenes and the "hostage loved one" storyline. 24 isn't a show that I "expect" to see something completely different, other than the way the show depicts only a 24 hour time period. It really kind of limits what you can do that hasn't been done already. Since the ongoing storyline is so minimal (beyond Jack and Tony Almeda), they have to make each season suspenseful, thrilling and have a quick beginning and an even quicker end.<br><br>I'm looking forward to seeing how they bring Jack back into CTU from the apparent "walk off into the sunset" closing of this season.<br><br><br><br>CreativeGuy: For your "fix" of design software tips, tricks & commentary.
Posted by: ezyrider

Re: Lame (24 spoiler alert) - 05/24/05 08:36 AM

I totally agree. I thought the action and suspense was great. As far as the action goes nothing else on TV can touch it. I watch 24 to entertained, period. The same reason I watch something like a Jackie Chan movie. <br><br>I'm playing catch-up. I just started watching this season and got hooked, so now that the season is over I plan on renting the previous 3. With Jack officially dead there are all kinds of things they can have fun with next season...but geez now we gotta wait until Jan. 2006. I'm jonesin' already.<br><br>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Lame (24 spoiler alert) - 05/24/05 08:48 AM

ME2!<br><br>- alec

Re: Lame (24 spoiler alert) - 05/24/05 12:33 PM

The first two seasons are some of the best television ever produced. Rent the whole seasons and block out a couple weekends.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Llewelyn

Re: Lame (24 spoiler alert) - 05/24/05 01:15 PM

Block out a couple of weekends?! Stuff that cancel a couple of sleep periods!<br><br>Truth is a 3 edged sword.

Re: Lame (24 spoiler alert) - 05/24/05 03:00 PM

I watched the first three seasons in 10-hour shifts. I'd watch half of it, go to sleep, get up and watch the other half. <br><br>The first two seasons in particular are just dynamite. You can't put it down. <br><br>