Dating - What's It Mean?

Posted by: alAnonymous

Dating - What's It Mean? - 05/23/05 08:49 PM

When they tell you (and act like) they like you, but you haven't spent the night together in over a month? Is it naive to assume that this isn't the tepid shoulder of death?<br><br>-------<br>Aren't you a little old for post-modern nostalgic irony?
Posted by: G4Dualie

Re: Dating - What's It Mean? - 05/23/05 08:52 PM

I guess she's just not that into you. <br><br>
Posted by: Bryan

Re: Dating - What's It Mean? - 05/23/05 08:52 PM

Uh...no. Kick this one to the curb, my friend. There are over a billion women in the world you could be tapping this weekend. She ain't one of them. <br><br>Move on. <br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: Dating - What's It Mean? - 05/23/05 08:58 PM

Oh, you beat me to it.<br><br>
Posted by: JonnyCat

Re: Dating - What's It Mean? - 05/23/05 09:25 PM

My wife and I were friends for several years before dating. I recommend developing a friendship first.<br><br>btw, we officially probably went on 3 dates and then moved in together for less than a year, then I proposed. I guess we got ripped off in the dating department, but who really cares - we don't. We're best friends, lovers and married.<br><br>Sorry if this is too much information.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Dating - What's It Mean? - 05/23/05 09:27 PM

Has this person wanted to stay together overnight and now doesn't? Maybe it's best to ask them? If you can't talk about it in person maybe an email to see where you stand. Not knowing the parties involved it's hard to say. I wish I could be more help for you. It kind of sounds like a cooling off, but maybe they have some troubles going on like family or work trouble they can't bring themselves to share. I hope it is something that passes and you get back on track. If you need someone to just listen give a shout.<br><br>
Posted by: MrsJonnyCat

Re: Dating - What's It Mean? - 05/23/05 09:31 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I guess we got ripped off in the dating department<p><hr></blockquote><p>We? I got ripped off - you still owe me 4,999 more dates. <br><br>It's a good thing we had the premium benefit package while we were just friends :D<br><br><br>When your thoughts are too expensive to ever wanna keep, sell them on eBay

Re: Dating - What's It Mean? - 05/23/05 09:33 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>It's a good thing we had the premium benefit package while we were just friends :D<p><hr></blockquote><p>Which reminds me, I gotta go re-enroll in a few of my benefit packages. <br><br>
Posted by: Walrus

Re: Dating - What's It Mean? - 05/23/05 09:34 PM

Carpe diem<br><br>If you really want this lady, offer a comittment. If your only interest is an occasional nookie, let it go.<br><br>One way or the other, you need closure - and then move on.<br><br>[color:red]Bibo, ergo sum</font color=red>
Posted by: MrsJonnyCat

Re: Dating - What's It Mean? - 05/23/05 09:34 PM

You won't be sorry <br><br><br>When your thoughts are too expensive to ever wanna keep, sell them on eBay

Re: Dating - What's It Mean? - 05/23/05 09:37 PM

I've heard good things <br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Dating - What's It Mean? - 05/23/05 10:37 PM

[color:blue]When they tell you (and act like) they like you, but you haven't spent the night together in over a month?</font color=blue><br><br>Don't listen to a guy whose been divorced twice but I do have a few questions ?<br><br>1 - Did you spend the night together already ? if so move on.<br>2 - If not maybe she is taking the time to see if you are a keeper or a throw back, give her sometime maybe another month or two. Keep in mind if she is a traditionalist you have to get married first ? the key to this one is that she always communicates to you and you know that she is not playing the field.<br><br>Anyway relationships are a 2 way street. You both need to work on it.<br><br>
Posted by: alAnonymous

Re: Dating - What's It Mean? - 05/24/05 02:24 AM

We met a few months ago through friends, hit it off and spent the night a few times. Since then we see each other 1 (maybe 2x) a week... talk every other day, but there's no cuddling/spending the night anymore. In the last month or a little more, it's become a "safe date" kind of thing, but there are still spontaneous gestures when we get together... which gives me hope (and conflict) about this. <br><br>I put my feelings/thoughts out there this week, and was told "I like you, but my friends are important to me right now... yadda yadda... work/my new home are priorities... yadda yadda... ".<br><br><br><br>-------<br>Aren't you a little old for post-modern nostalgic irony?

Re: Dating - What's It Mean? - 05/24/05 03:19 AM

I don't mean to sound cruel, but dude..when a chick cuts you off, it's time to issue the walking papers. <br><br>The reasons you're saying she gave are the standard, useless B.S. I've heard before. Why surrender your manhood a minute longer by hanging around being Mr. Reliable? Homey don't play dat. <br><br>
Posted by: adzoox

Re: Dating - What's It Mean? - 05/24/05 05:01 AM

A final attempt would be to send her an email with a nice certificate that said ...<br><br>"Good for a 1 hour massage"<br><br>Go to Bath & Body Works and get lavender masage oil - go to Godiva and get two chocolate covered strawberries, go to walmart, get a white terry cloth robe.<br><br>Massage her back, massage her front, see if she is receptive to massaging elsewhere - if not - say, "Ok, it's time for bed, I've got a early day tomorrow, you gonna stay?" She'll say no. Have another date by the next Friday! (with someone else)<br><br><br><br>WWW.ADZOOX.COM & www.JACKWHISPERS.COM
Posted by: lesh

Re: Dating - What's It Mean? - 05/24/05 04:58 PM

Dating...dating...what is this 'dating' thing of which you speak?? <br><br>Seriously, though...go with your instincts. If you sense waning interest and are getting vague responses to your queries about the state of things, move on before you set yourself up for getting your feelings hurt by this person.<br><br>