Margaritaville Mondays

Posted by: JonnyCat

Margaritaville Mondays - 05/23/05 07:41 PM

Nibblin’ on sponge cake<br>Watchin’ the sun bake<br>All of those tourists covered with oil<br>Strummin’ my six-string<br>On my front porch swing<br>Smell those shrimp they’re beginnin’ to boil<br><br>Chorus:<br>Wastin’ away again in margaritaville<br>Searching for my lost shaker of salt<br>Some people claim that there’s a woman to blame<br>But I know it’s nobody’s fault<br><br>I don’t know the reason<br>I stayed here all season<br>Nothin’ to show but this brand new tattoo<br>But it’s a real beauty<br>A mexican cutie<br>How it got here I haven’t a clue<br><br>Chorus:<br>Wastin’ away again in margaritaville<br>Searchin’ for my lost shaker of salt<br>Some people claim that there’s a woman to blame<br>Now I think<br>Hell, it could be my fault<br><br>I blew out my flip-flop<br>Stepped on a pop-top<br>Cut my heel had to cruise on back home<br>But there’s booze in the blender<br>And soon it will render<br>That frozen concoction that helps me hang on<br><br>Wastin’ away again in margaritaville<br>Searching for my lost shaker of salt<br>Some people claim that there’s a woman to blame<br>But I know it’s my own damn fault<br>Yes and some people claim that there’s a woman to blame<br>And I know it’s my own damn fault<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Margaritaville Mondays - 05/23/05 07:55 PM

So how many of those ya had Jonny? I hope you are sharing with your lovely wife. I thought I saw somewhere Margaritaville Radio is coming to Sirius(sp?).<br><br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Margaritaville Mondays - 05/23/05 07:59 PM

Looks cool<br><br>Ya on vacation or something ?<br><br>

Re: Margaritaville Mondays - 05/23/05 08:05 PM

We got the iTunes blasting and just working away in our offices. The song came up - just posted the lyrics.<br><br>Besides, it's only Monday - just having Corona's <br><br>

Re: Margaritaville Mondays - 05/23/05 08:07 PM

Everyday is a vacation when you're having fun <br><br>
Posted by: MrsJonnyCat

Re: Margaritaville Mondays - 05/23/05 09:22 PM

And 'ya know it's your own damn fault. ; ) :P <br><br><br>When your thoughts are too expensive to ever wanna keep, sell them on eBay

Re: Margaritaville Mondays - 05/23/05 09:33 PM

Whoops, looks like I just got busted, pretending to be hard at work in my office, when I'm posting lyrics on MM <br><br>

Re: Margaritaville Mondays - 05/23/05 09:37 PM

There goes the neighborhood!<br><br><br>When your thoughts are too expensive to ever wanna keep, sell them on eBay

Re: Margaritaville Mondays - 05/23/05 09:38 PM

Hope I'm still enrolled in that 'benefits' package.<br><br>
Posted by: Bryan

Re: Margaritaville Mondays - 05/23/05 09:39 PM

Better "log in" to check your subscription <br><br>

Re: Margaritaville Mondays - 05/23/05 09:42 PM

His subscription is about to expire :P<br><br><br>When your thoughts are too expensive to ever wanna keep, sell them on eBay

Re: Margaritaville Mondays - 05/23/05 09:43 PM

Time to pay up...hand over your credit card! <br><br>

Re: Margaritaville Mondays - 05/23/05 09:44 PM

Time for a refill <br><br>

Re: Margaritaville Mondays - 05/23/05 09:46 PM

There will be no handing over of a credit card from The Ice Queen <br><br><br>When your thoughts are too expensive to ever wanna keep, sell them on eBay

Re: Margaritaville Mondays - 05/23/05 09:48 PM

Oh...I meant him handing over the credit card...to update the benefits and prevent the ice queen! <br><br>

Re: Margaritaville Mondays - 05/23/05 09:49 PM

This just in - cranked on iTunes. Wow random shuffle play is interesting<br><br>I used to love her, but I had to kill her <br>I used to love her, but I had to kill her <br>I had to put her <br>Six feet under <br>And I can still hear her complain <br><br><br>I used to love her, but I had to kill her <br>I used to love her, but I had to kill her <br>I knew I miss her <br>So I had to keep her <br>She's buried right in my back yard <br><br><br>I used to love her, but I had to kill her <br>I used to love her, but I had to kill her<br>She bitched so much <br>She drove me nuts <br>And now I'm happier this way <br><br><br>I used to love her, but I had to kill her <br>I used to love her, but I had to kill her <br>I had to put her <br>Six feet under <br>And I can still hear her complain <br><br>

Re: Margaritaville Mondays - 05/23/05 09:52 PM

HA HA HA!<br><br>

Re: Margaritaville Mondays - 05/23/05 09:53 PM

And if he throws in an extra card for shoes, the ice queen will melt :)<br><br><br>When your thoughts are too expensive to ever wanna keep, sell them on eBay

Re: Margaritaville Mondays - 05/23/05 09:54 PM

Yeah, that was me playing the song, except I substituted "her" with "him".<br><br>I think we're in the wrong thread. : P<br><br><br>When your thoughts are too expensive to ever wanna keep, sell them on eBay

Re: Margaritaville Mondays - 05/23/05 09:56 PM

That wasn't funny! <br><br><br>When your thoughts are too expensive to ever wanna keep, sell them on eBay

Re: Margaritaville Mondays - 05/23/05 09:58 PM

Well,<br><br>For any guys reading this thread, it just goes to show you, you really don't know everything <br><br><br><br>

Re: Margaritaville Mondays - 05/23/05 10:00 PM

Oh listen to this one: Thorn in My Side. Wow, the iTunes shuffle is interesting :P<br><br><br>When your thoughts are too expensive to ever wanna keep, sell them on eBay

Re: Margaritaville Mondays - 05/23/05 10:09 PM

don't make me <br><br><code>ssh 192.168.1.102<br>kill `ps -ax | grep 'iTunes' | awk '{print $1}'`<br></code><br><br><br><br><br>only unix geeks will get this one<br><br>
Posted by: LoveTheBomb

Re: Margaritaville Mondays - 05/24/05 07:43 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> <pre>kill `ps -ax | grep 'iTunes' | awk '{print $1}'`</pre><p><p><hr></blockquote><p>Oh, I scoff at your terminal skills!<br><pre>killall iTunes</pre><p>

Re: Margaritaville Mondays - 05/24/05 08:06 AM

<br><br>I think mine looks more geeky and impressive<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Pete

Re: Margaritaville Mondays - 05/24/05 08:11 AM

I don't think the words 'geeky' and 'impressive' go together....EVER. <br><br>Back in Black...
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Margaritaville Mondays - 05/24/05 08:43 AM

How about 'geeky' and 'compulsive'? 'obsessive'? 'oppressive'? <br><br>- alec