Mac vs. PC

Posted by: yoyo52

Mac vs. PC - 12/02/02 09:42 PM

I've been surfing all sorts of forums tonight, and boy am I glad that we don't get into the PC vs. Mac thing here (at least not often). So much silliness, so little time!<br><br>I also read the article over at MC about Quark vs. InDesign, and saw that it depended heavily on experiences that Alec (Mississauga) and Steve (steveg) have had with InDesign. Very interesting stuff.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: greenme1

Re: Mac vs. PC - 12/03/02 08:11 AM

I can't even post anyhing about Macs without needless mac bashing at the Infogrames Forums for UT 2003<br><br>
Posted by: JonnyCat

Re: Mac vs. PC - 12/03/02 08:19 AM

here here!<br><br>I recently switched from PC's to Macs. It started with the iMac, when in came out in SFMW I bought it the first day out of curiosity. We (my wife and I) did so many fun things with it, we sold our PC's and bought a PowerMac with Cinema display and the iBook. I still use a PC everyday (my job is a computer programmer on the Windows platform) but the Macs are just plain more fun to use and play with.<br><br>ps. working on figuring out the streaming stuff for another web cam party. Haven't had time to read the documentation, but should be fun to try to get more than 5 live webcam feeds going.<br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: Mac vs. PC - 12/03/02 08:36 AM

Johnny, you're a windows programmer that prefers and uses macs? You gotta be kidding, if Apple doesn't use you for a switch ad something is wrong!<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Mac vs. PC - 12/03/02 09:03 AM

I agree... you should send an e-mail to the PR people at Apple. Their email addys can be found here.<br><br><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: Lori

Re: Mac vs. PC - 12/03/02 09:13 AM

what a great idea. We can have our own Switch celebrity.<br><br>

Re: Mac vs. PC - 12/03/02 09:29 AM

Heh, heh,<br><br>I think it would be fun to be in a switch commercial. Maybe I'll make my own. On the internet, anybody can be a star!<br><br>

Re: Mac vs. PC - 12/03/02 09:51 AM

great JC...I have the MP3 of the switch music if you want it.<br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: Mac vs. PC - 12/03/02 10:20 AM

Wow, brutal.<br><br>I wouldn't sweat it, though- seems like a bunch of surly teenagers posting in there anyway...All of whom probably NEED to play UT to get all their Windows frustrations out on the world..<br><br>I kinda resent those blasts against the 'switcher' ads. It's not about people that are 'too stupid' to use a PC, it's about people who were smart enough to make the decision to not put up with all of Windows' problems!<br><br>Of course, when you're talking about a games forum, you're probably always going to lose that Mac argument....<br><br>Don't worry, though, UT is too popular NOT publish to the Mac...<br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>
Posted by: Mcteak

Re: Mac vs. PC - 12/03/02 10:23 AM

Oh man, listen to Giz and contact Apple with your story. I can see the ad now......<br><br>"The day people stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them." Colin Powell

Re: Mac vs. PC - 12/03/02 10:48 AM

that would be great! with the MP3 I can make it just like an Apple switcher ad.<br><br>I'll make it a over-the-christmas-holiday project. I'll have to shave <br><br>I also have the perfect domain name to host the video - www.appleusers.com<br><br>fame awaits me!<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Mac vs. PC - 12/03/02 10:52 AM

Do it, do it, do it!<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Mac vs. PC - 12/03/02 10:54 AM

Instead of sending it to you, just go here and download it.<br>I can't wait to see it!!!!<br><br>

Re: Mac vs. PC - 12/03/02 12:57 PM

It's very frustrating when someone asks a legitimate question about macs and there ends up three or more pages of mac bashing and no answer to the question. <br><br>However i know there will be a mac version and the beta demo should be released in two weeks, that's all the info they give anyone about the mac version.<br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: Mac vs. PC - 12/03/02 01:14 PM

Like that movie 'The Money Pit'...<br><br>They kept asking when the house was going to be done the entire film...<br><br>"Two weeks!"<br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>

Re: Mac vs. PC - 12/03/02 01:56 PM

Yeah, that's what i was thinking, how long is "two weeks"? <br><br>

Re: Mac vs. PC - 12/03/02 03:13 PM

I checked out that link, and they seem to be immature jerks. Why do you even go there?<br><br>

Re: Mac vs. PC - 12/03/02 03:21 PM

It's the only place you can get and give feedback and information directly from the developers of UT 2003, so as long as it has nothing to do with macs it's not too bad there.<br><br>
Posted by: RubenC

Re: Mac vs. PC - 12/03/02 03:26 PM

Yeah I agree with Lori, maybe a Macgamers site or something similar.<br><br>[color:blue]If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door. - Milton Berle</font color=blue>

Re: Mac vs. PC - 12/03/02 04:02 PM

Yeah, I just go to Inside Mac Games' forums they have much more mac related gaming information. <br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: Mac vs. PC - 12/03/02 04:29 PM

You probably wanna contact Chiat/Day Apple's ad agency. I think they produce the Switch ads.<br><br>But first, get a SAG/AFTRA card so you can get paid scale, then you can afford my 40% commish that I'll have to aplit up among all the members here so we can all be rich. Rich. RICH...<br><br>Sorry. Got a little ahead of myself there. (now what was I saying?)<br><br>

Re: Mac vs. PC - 12/03/02 04:33 PM

I guess there's a reason why "lamers" rhymes with "gamers" <br><br>

Re: Mac vs. PC - 12/03/02 04:38 PM

<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Mac vs. PC - 12/03/02 04:40 PM

hehhehehheheh<br><br>

Re: Mac vs. PC - 12/03/02 04:54 PM

Those aren't actors in the commercial... they are the real people, and I'm pretty sure they don't get payed.<br><br><br>Visit me here!

Re: Mac vs. PC - 12/03/02 04:57 PM

Kidding, Gizmo. Now put down the straw and step away from the eggnog. <br><br>

Re: Mac vs. PC - 12/03/02 05:57 PM

There is Mac bashing even on Mac forums! I went to Inside Mac Games and saw a post with a petition to port a good game to the mac (Morrowind) and there were fake signitures and mac bashing in it! Here is a link <br><br>Edit: You have to click on "View Signatures : xx"<br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by greenme1 on 12/03/02 09:00 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: lesh

Re: Mac vs. PC - 12/03/02 06:01 PM

Greenme check out the Games forum over at MC - it doesn't get like that over there! <br><br>[color:purple]If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.</font color=purple><br>

Re: Mac vs. PC - 12/03/02 06:01 PM

Idonwanna... it's too gooooooooood!<br><br><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: Mcteak

Re: Mac vs. PC - 12/03/02 06:09 PM

But will you still the same way in the morning?<br><br><br>"The day people stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them." Colin Powell

Re: Mac vs. PC - 12/03/02 06:11 PM

OK, will do! <br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Mac vs. PC - 12/03/02 06:22 PM

Thanks for the heads up John. I was really tired and would have missed it. But it was fascinating and I passed it on to my supervisor at work. <br><br>"Do not adjust your mind, it is reality that is malfunctioning."
Posted by: iRock

Re: Mac vs. PC - 12/03/02 06:29 PM

Hey it wouldn't cost anything to inquire about it. You and Ginny would be great as a couple and I don't think they have done any like that. And if you talked about what you have posted here the delight would show through. Just do it!<br><br>"Do not adjust your mind, it is reality that is malfunctioning."