My new desktop pictures

Posted by: MacGizmo

My new desktop pictures - 12/01/02 09:08 AM

Since I couldn't find any I liked for my new monitor, I decided to create my own - I broke them up into seperate posts so they load a bit faster.<br><br>If you want any of them, I have them in 1600x1200, 1152x870 and 1024x768 sizes... just go to this page and you can download them from the list.<br><br>MacMinute<br><br><br><br><br>Halle Berry:<br><br><br><br><br>X-Ray Girl<br><br><br><br><br>Neon Girl<br><br><br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!

Re: My new desktop pictures - 12/01/02 09:10 AM

Jaguar<br><br><br><br><br>Funky G4<br><br><br><br><br>G4 Mirror-A<br><br><br><br><br>iMac<br><br><br><br><br>PowerBook<br><br><br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!

Re: My new desktop pictures - 12/01/02 09:15 AM

These were actually someone else's photos that I put on a new desktop background to suit my taste better... so I don't claim to have "created the art", just the frame.<br><br>Flowerscape 1<br><br><br><br><br>Flowerscape 2<br><br><br><br><br>Flowerscape 3<br><br><br><br><br>Mountainscape 1<br><br><br><br><br>Mountainscape 2<br><br><br><br><br>Starscape<br><br><br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!

Re: My new desktop pictures - 12/01/02 09:20 AM

If you have any problems downloading, let me know... my server was acting funky this morning, but appears to be working fine now.<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: My new desktop pictures - 12/01/02 09:53 AM

Yeah, those are nice Giz. Wish I had that one Aquagirl desktop in 1600 X 1200, I'd send it to you. That is a nice one. You may remember it I posted it at MCF a long time ago and had it on my homepage screenshots page too for a while. It is in my public folder now if you want to refresh your memory. The original .mac homepage I found it at is however not around anymore. <br><br>http://www.homepage.mac.com/bliemel<br><br>

Re: My new desktop pictures - 12/01/02 10:03 AM

ahhhh yes, I remember that one!<br><br><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: My new desktop pictures - 12/01/02 10:18 AM

Hehe..I love how it links to your Porsche pics...showing it off again? I would too!! LOL<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: My new desktop pictures - 12/01/02 10:20 AM

Thanks!! I'll use them for sure!<br><br><br>[color:red]Kiss My Banana!</font color=red>
Posted by: greenme1

Re: My new desktop pictures - 12/01/02 11:16 AM

Thanks for the Pics! <br><br>

Re: My new desktop pictures - 12/01/02 11:17 AM

yer welcome!<br><br><br>Visit me here!

Re: My new desktop pictures - 12/01/02 11:30 AM

Yeah well, what can I say? BTW, how do I create an HTML page with .mac? Anyone that can give me some hints on that? My thinking on that is to create an html page and then put it in my sites folder. Is that the general idea? I'd use it as the start page for the site with a Christmas greeting. Any help would be appreciated.<br><br>EDIT: Provide sample code if you have it.<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by mikeb_X on 12/01/02 02:31 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: My new desktop pictures - 12/01/02 11:32 AM

You got it... just put a page named index.html in the sites folder and it will be your new homepage. You can leave all the other .Mac-created pages there if you want.<br><br><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: Mcteak

Re: My new desktop pictures - 12/01/02 11:49 AM

Thanks to Mike & Giz...always wanted to do that but never got around to it because I never thought to ask!<br><br><br>"The day people stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them." Colin Powell
Posted by: carp

Re: My new desktop pictures - 12/01/02 12:36 PM

Giz how about making your mosaic tile into a desk top pic.<br><br>

Re: My new desktop pictures - 12/01/02 06:50 PM

Thanks for the tip Giz, hope you had a wonderful day.<br><br>

Re: My new desktop pictures - 12/03/02 08:49 PM

OK, judging by my server logs, every red-blooded macuser in the US has downloaded at least one of these. The most popular by far seems to be Halle Berry, followed by starscape, and G4Mirror-A. I've had over 190MB of traffic to the directory housing the photos since posting them 2 days ago - that's a lot, considering I've been averaging around 350mb of trafic per month.<br><br><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: iRock

Re: My new desktop pictures - 12/03/02 10:24 PM

Merry Christmas from you Gizmo! I got the Jag one and the blue flower which is my favorite. Sorry no Halle.<br><br>"Do not adjust your mind, it is reality that is malfunctioning."

Re: My new desktop pictures - 12/04/02 09:34 AM

Yeah... I like the flower ones too, that's why I made 3 different colors for it. I have been using Starscape for a few days and like that one too. I only made the Halle Berry and neon girl ones for the sake of all the perverts out there that will drive traffic to the website! <br><br><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: margadagio

Re: My new desktop pictures - 12/05/02 01:51 AM

Thanks Gizmo, I really liked the mountainscape pics. <br><br>

Re: My new desktop pictures - 12/05/02 06:09 AM

I swiped those mountain pics from someone else. They are actually 3-d software created mountains (not sure if it was Lightwave, Maya or whatever) - I just didn't like having them fill my entire screen, so I shrunk them down a bit to what you see now.<br><br><br>Visit me here!