Die Stuffit....Die...

Posted by: Bryan

Die Stuffit....Die... - 05/10/05 05:08 AM

Since Tiger doesn't come with Stuffit, and since OS X can now zip and unzip files, is it possible people will stop using Stuffit and it will die a slow, painful death?<br><br>
Posted by:

Re: Die Stuffit....Die... - 05/10/05 05:26 AM

God I hope so. I'm tired of having to write an essay and submit a urine sample just to download the goddamn expander. I hope they DO send tons of junk mail to Roy G. Biv at roybivdevoe@aol.org<br><br>

Re: Die Stuffit....Die... - 05/10/05 05:28 AM

Luckily MacUpdate had a direct link to that steaming pile of [censored]. I hate installing it because it asks for an admin password.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Die Stuffit....Die... - 05/10/05 07:31 AM

I never had a problem with getting/downloading the updates. However, Allume seems to make a complete f#cking mess of the actual installer with each update. I've had so many problems getting the updates/upgrades to work and I'm not alone. I'm speaking of the "Deluxe" application, not the Free Expander.&#10;&#10;OSX's built-in archive option doesn't compress the files nearly as much as Stuffit, but it's easily twice as fast, and much less headache. I'm also more confident when I send a zip file to a PC user that they'll be able to open it.&#10;&#10;So mark me down in the "die Stuffit, die" box as well.<br><br><br><br>CreativeGuy: For your "fix" of design software tips, tricks & commentary.
Posted by: alAnonymous

Re: Die Stuffit....Die... - 05/10/05 08:38 AM

RE: roybivdevoe<br><br>Text me! I'm: ForgiveUsOurTresvants@aol.com<br><br>-------<br>Aren't you a little old for post-modern nostalgic irony?
Posted by: Michael

Re: Die Stuffit....Die... - 05/10/05 08:57 AM

I've asked for a long time now why is that Macs have become a lot faster in the last 10 years, but Stuffit seems to crawl at the same slow speed? It's been so long since I've had a need to compress anything I hardly think about it.<br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: Die Stuffit....Die... - 05/10/05 08:58 AM

Roy's a colorful guy.<br><br>
Posted by:

Re: Die Stuffit....Die... - 05/10/05 08:59 AM

...he's like a raaaaiinnn-bbooooowww...<br><br>
Posted by: SparkCollector

Re: Die Stuffit....Die... - 05/10/05 09:23 AM

My latest and favorite-est fake name & email for when I have to sign up somewhere is SuePozzitorri@IllinoisEnemaBandit.org<br><br><br><br>

Re: Die Stuffit....Die... - 05/10/05 09:26 AM

I have a few:<br><br>Santa@Claus.com<br><br>me@mydesk.com<br><br>And a few obscene ones. Sometimes I just type gibberish with an @ in it. <br><br>asdasda@sdsd.sdf<br><br>
Posted by: alAnonymous

Re: Die Stuffit....Die... - 05/10/05 09:33 AM

I like doing the old favorite:<br><br>webmaster@theirdomain.com<br><br>-------<br>Aren't you a little old for post-modern nostalgic irony?
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Die Stuffit....Die... - 05/10/05 10:27 AM

I get a little feisty with mine, I use:<br><br>skidmark@wickidstink.com<br>noway@jose.com<br>blowme@jerkoff.com<br><br>and my favorite, sjobs@apple.com<br><br><br><br>CreativeGuy: For your "fix" of design software tips, tricks & commentary.
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Die Stuffit....Die... - 05/10/05 11:32 AM

My fake is party@myplace.com<br><br>- alec