Posted by: iRock

I touched it! - 05/09/05 10:57 PM

what a night<br><br><br>
Posted by: drjohn

Re: I touched it! - 05/09/05 11:07 PM

Pretty. So's the car.<br><br>
Posted by: padmavyuha

Re: I touched it! - 05/09/05 11:07 PM

What's a hemi, by the way? apart from A Good Thing, obviously ;)<br><br>- padmavyuha<br><br>Where the truth is, there had better be love...
Posted by: drjohn

Re: I touched it! - 05/09/05 11:21 PM

Short for hemispherical combustion chamber. Chrysler's big dog engine for years.<br><br>

Re: I touched it! - 05/09/05 11:23 PM

A couple sources on the hemispherical engine. You may just want to skim. BTW we were teenagers in the 70's and the hemis were very fast then. Hubby was a Chevy guy but I loved the Mopars even then. I had a 1965 Belvedere.<br><br>Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8...s Gedraitis<br><br><br>To answer your first question: A Hemi is...cy and airflow.<br><br>@Dr John you're a smooth talker.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: I touched it! - 05/09/05 11:37 PM

What happened to the Ford Focus? <br><br><br>No, but seriously, isn't that thing gonna cost like a house payment a month in gas??<br><br>

Re: I touched it! - 05/09/05 11:58 PM

Once more with feeling, DRIVEN PROPERLY IT GETS BETTER GAS MILEAGE THAN WHAT WE ARE DRIVING NOW! Multi Displacement System baby<br><br>The 2005 Chrysler 300C and Dodge Magnum RT are the first high-volume, modern production vehicles in North America to feature fully-functioning cylinder deactivation. The MDS seamlessly alternates between smooth, high fuel economy four-cylinder mode when less power is needed, and V-8 mode when more power is in demand. In short, owners of the Chrysler 300C and Dodge Magnum RT will receive the powerful benefit of the Hemi engine with the fuel economy that they would only expect from a smaller, less powerful engine. Test drivers say they cannot tell the difference.<br><br>As far as we can tell, MDS saves about 3 mpg city, 3 mpg highway - that's by comparing original Chrysler 300C gas mileage estimates with actual EPA figures.<br><br>"The MDS was part of the engine's original design," said Bob Lee, Vice President Powertrain Product Team, Chrysler Group. "This resulted in a cylinder-deactivation system that is elegantly simple and completely integrated into the engine design. The benefits are fewer parts, maximum reliability and lower cost."<br><br>This system should triumph where the Cadillac 4-6-8 failed because of the speed of modern electronic controls, the sophistication of the algorithms controlling the systems, and the use of electronic throttle control. The HEMI will be able to transition from eight cylinders to four in 40 milliseconds (0.04 seconds).<br><br>People are reporting from 18 mpg for lowest to 29 mpg highest. Factory rated at 25. You can even go 70 mph and if you keep it steady it will get good gas mileage. Not bad for a hot rod.<br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: I touched it! - 05/10/05 03:27 AM

Mazeltov, Sheli. Enjoy! <br><br>
Posted by: Topper

Re: I touched it! - 05/10/05 06:32 AM

Congratulations, Shelli. Very, very nice car.<br><br>
Posted by: skuldugary

Re: I touched it! - 05/10/05 06:35 AM

Now, how cool is THAT? I have gotten few new cars in my life but when I pick it up I try to make it a Friday night or Saturday morning, cause baby, we're going for a ride!<br><br>I hope you have tons of fun with this beauty. <br><br>
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: I touched it! - 05/10/05 06:40 AM

Now we need to see a burn out photo!<br><br>

Re: I touched it! - 05/10/05 06:40 AM

Thanks guys, this is the 3rd brand new car we have had after 25 years of marriage and Rick says it is by far the coolest. And we thought we were too old for a muscle car. <br><br>

Re: I touched it! - 05/10/05 06:46 AM

This will have to do for now. Ours will do this stock out of the factory. It's why we got the rear wheel drive.<br>burn out<br><br>
Posted by: lesh

Re: I touched it! - 05/10/05 06:18 PM

Heeheee...congrats to you both...with furkids and new cars, who needs offspring?<br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: I touched it! - 05/10/05 07:49 PM

Super congrats looks real sweet, get the iPod up and running then you own the road <br><br>Be nice nice to see another cruising iMove but keep it under 60 mph <br><br>

Re: I touched it! - 05/10/05 08:40 PM

Brought it home tonight. After initial liftoff we can attest to the fact that acceleration from 65 to 100 feels quite similar. I didn't believe that we were going that fast. Woohoo!<br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: I touched it! - 05/10/05 08:47 PM

WoW fantastic the car is now in your hands Super.<br><br>Try and bottle that new car smell - your weeks project <br><br>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: I touched it! - 05/10/05 10:19 PM

Enjoy, Shel!<br><br>- alec
Posted by: margadagio

Re: I touched it! - 05/11/05 02:30 AM

Have a blast with the new car, Shelli.<br><br>
Posted by: Topper

Re: I touched it! - 05/11/05 06:23 AM

You are in your glory, congrats.<br><br>

Re: I touched it! - 05/11/05 07:56 AM

Thanks first day driving it to work and I feel like a kid. (Not like Michael Jackson though)<br><br>See ya!<br><br>
Posted by: RubenC

Re: I touched it! - 05/11/05 10:18 AM

Congrats !! And safe cruisin'. <br><br>