The new forum software...nyet

Posted by: Bryan

The new forum software...nyet - 05/05/05 04:29 AM

It has some nice features, but I think it sucks. This is much better. <br><br>Thoughts?<br><br>
Posted by:

Re: The new forum software...nyet - 05/05/05 04:37 AM

This one has less sass.<br><br>

Re: The new forum software...nyet - 05/05/05 04:40 AM

I can never tell whose replying to what with phpbb. I know there's the quote button, but it's just a mess. <br><br><br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: The new forum software...nyet - 05/05/05 04:50 AM

I'm with you. I still like this. I prefer the threaded view for organization and sequence. Some things are just too comfy to mess with, even if they're not the latest & greatest.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: The new forum software...nyet - 05/05/05 08:14 AM

You have to understand that the stylesheet isn't complete in that setup yet. The quotes actually make it MUCH easier to follow who is saying what to whom, it's just that while trying to adjust the colors to be more "macminute-like," they just haven't finished. When you quote somebody, it usually has a little darker (or lighter) background than the rest of the post.<br><br>Think of it as a regular web site that only has "placeholder" graphics in it. You can see the basic foundation of it, but it's just not complete. Viewing threads works exactly the same as it does here, nothing changed. The only difference is the ability to have 1-click access to the formatting options.<br><br><br><br>CreativeGuy: For your "fix" of design software tips, tricks & commentary.

Re: The new forum software...nyet - 05/05/05 08:22 AM

I am nothing if not a fair individual. I shall withhold judgment until it is complete!<br><br>
Posted by: Pete

Re: The new forum software...nyet - 05/05/05 08:24 AM

Yeah, you're 'fair'ly obnoxious. <br><br>[color:green]5.19.05 - The 'Jedi Slaughter' tour begins!</font color=green>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: The new forum software...nyet - 05/05/05 08:49 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I shall withhold judgment until it is complete!<br><p><hr></blockquote><p>I wouldn't hold your breath... there's a reason Stan hasn't brought us this update. Unfortunately, only Stan knows what that reason is. Given the speed with which Stan does ANYTHING with this site, I wouldn't expect to see the update any time soon, if ever at all.<br><br><br><br>CreativeGuy: For your "fix" of design software tips, tricks & commentary.
Posted by: alAnonymous

Re: The new forum software...nyet - 05/05/05 09:04 AM

I like the current forum software. Does exactly/only the stuff I need.<br><br>-------<br>Aren't you a little old for post-modern nostalgic irony?

Re: The new forum software...nyet - 05/05/05 09:04 AM

How 'bout them Yankees? <br><br>
Posted by: Pete

Re: The new forum software...nyet - 05/05/05 09:05 AM

Fine thanks! How's Griffey?<br><br>[color:green]5.19.05 - The 'Jedi Slaughter' tour begins!</font color=green>

Re: The new forum software...nyet - 05/05/05 09:08 AM

Hitting more than his weight for once, and ready to energize your lineup for the stretch run! <br><br>
Posted by: AfterTenSoftware

Re: The new forum software...nyet - 05/05/05 09:18 AM

Well the version they are running (the .10 release) is vunerable to hackers. It needs to be upgraded to .11 at least.<br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: The new forum software...nyet - 05/05/05 09:19 AM

Bryan complain?... Puleeze!<br><br>

Re: The new forum software...nyet - 05/05/05 09:24 AM

Why...I would never do such a thing <br><br>