Barbeque delights!

Posted by: Anonymous

Barbeque delights! - 05/03/05 11:28 AM

Share your favorite recipe and maybe unusual surprises. Here is mine - <br><br>Ripe Pineapple<br>Butter<br>Brown Sugar<br>Vanilla<br><br>In a sauce pan, melt butter and mix in brown sugar and vanilla (use your own judgement to flavor to suit)<br><br>Spark up BBQ. Cut pineapple in half. Spread butter mixture on pineapple. Close lid, BBQ for 15 minutes on low to medium heat. Serve and enjoy.<br><br>Makes a great appetizer or dessert before or after BBQ'in another meal.<br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>
Posted by: snag

Re: Barbeque delights! - 05/03/05 11:39 AM

Hey that sounds pretty good!<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: MattMac112

Re: Barbeque delights! - 05/03/05 12:22 PM

linky<br><br>****************<br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: Barbeque delights! - 05/03/05 12:40 PM

Reminds me of the Hawaiian barbecue ribs my mom use to make. It involved brown sugar, pineapple and barbecue sauce. <br><br>

Re: Barbeque delights! - 05/03/05 12:54 PM

Roasted Garlic - always a 5 star Yum!<br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Barbeque delights! - 05/03/05 12:58 PM

Chop up the pineapple (or buy chopped pineapple in a can and drain) and use the same ingredients but add a bit of lime juice, salt and pepper and grill with sliced chicken breasts and cut red peppers in a BBQ basket (it's like a pan but has hole in the bottom) like your doing a stir fry. And you have a really nice Hawaiian taste.<br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Barbeque delights! - 05/03/05 01:11 PM

Another one, made this today for lunch.<br><br>Shake and Bake BBQ style.<br><br>Chicken Drumsticks<br>Olive Oil<br>Fresh Ground Pepper<br>Oregano or Marjoram (or both - you are the Chef!)<br>Minced Garlic or Garlic salt<br>Italian Bread crumbs.<br><br>Salt and Pepper Chicken Drumsticks. Turn on BBQ on low.<br><br>Make a 'Salad dressing' by mixing Olive Oil, ground pepper, garlic, herbs and spices.<br><br>Place chicken on top rack of BBQ - furthest away from flame. Brush on dressing. Slowly cook chicken for 20 minutes turning every 5 minutes and apply dressing liberally. Keep lid shut during cooking.<br><br>After 20 minutes when chicken starts to turn a bit brown, start sprinkling Italian Bread crumbs on chicken to coat. Turn chicken every 10 minutes until crispy - keeping lid shut while cooking. Use you 'nose' and when your smell the aroma of the chicken (about 45 minutes from start of cooking) - turn up BBQ to high and put some nice grill marks on the chicken and then serve.<br><br>Combines two flavors I like - Shake and Bake & BBQ. <br><br>Iron Chef tip - toss on extra bread crumbs right on grill and brush a little dressing on the lower grill to create extra smokiness.<br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>
Posted by: lesh

Re: Barbeque delights! - 05/03/05 05:01 PM

Posted this around a year ago...technically it falls into the 'grilled' category, not bbq...but it still tastes yummy...<br><br>I thought I had this as a text file...couldn't find it...feeling lazy I just scanned it in. (Change 'we' to 'I', 'our' to 'my'.) After having jerked food in St Kitt's in '96 I did some research about jerk rubs and marinades and created & refined this recipe to suit my own tastes. I tend to tweak it a little every time I make it.<br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Barbeque delights! - 05/03/05 07:34 PM

"be sure to drink copious amounts of Planter's punch..."<br><br>Good advice!<br><br>Of course heed the risk of any side effects :)<br><br><br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>
Posted by: carp

Re: Barbeque delights! - 05/03/05 07:40 PM

So your a food critic is this for Magazine or news print ??<br><br>

Re: Barbeque delights! - 05/03/05 07:46 PM

I put that in for laughs.<br><br>I am my own Food Critic. Cooking is my hobby for over 30 years. Maybe some day I open my own restaurant. People like my cooking and we have many parties at our house. Another hobby is meeting famous Chefs while traveling.<br><br>Right now I just work with Macs.<br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>
Posted by: carp

Re: Barbeque delights! - 05/03/05 07:54 PM

Cool - yep that might be a good idea to open your own if you are passionate about creating works of art. Lots of hard work but the pay off can be huge.<br><br>