Transferring iCal

Posted by: Morom

Transferring iCal - 05/01/05 01:08 PM

Anyone know the locations for transferring your iCal calenders and files to in order to get it working again? I did a erase and install on Tiger yesterday, and have gotton everything else all moved over except iCal.<br><br>Already tried copying the following files:<br><br>/Library/Calenders<br>/Library/Caches/com.apple.iCal<br>/Library/Preferences/ <all "com.apple.ical" files><br><br>There must be something I am missing, and my luck is that it's really easy and I'm just overlooking it. TIA<br><br>----<br>Stupidity is like nuclear power. It can be used for good or evil.... and you don't want to get any on you.
Posted by:

Re: Transferring iCal - 05/01/05 01:11 PM

There's a folder in Application Support as well.<br><br>

Re: Transferring iCal - 05/01/05 04:10 PM

Copied over the folder in Application Support as well and still didn't do copy over all my info. Is there anything else to copy, or am I just SOL and should start working on creating everything again?<br><br>----<br>Stupidity is like nuclear power. It can be used for good or evil.... and you don't want to get any on you.
Posted by: Swatcat

Re: Transferring iCal - 05/01/05 04:36 PM

Put your Library/Calenders on your desktop open iCal under File choose Import<br><br> My Ultimate Amazing Crap !

Re: Transferring iCal - 05/02/05 12:10 AM

Thanks, that did the trick with no problem. Much appreciated.<br><br>----<br>Stupidity is like nuclear power. It can be used for good or evil.... and you don't want to get any on you.
Posted by: steveg

Re: Transferring iCal - 05/02/05 06:21 AM

Also... if you use iSync, and have iCal selected, you can open iSync ---> devices ---> reset all ---> .Mac. That'll restore all of your calendar info.<br><br>