The official Tiger nitpicking thread

Posted by: Bryan

The official Tiger nitpicking thread - 05/01/05 01:50 AM

1.) When you log out with only one user on the machine (like I do) it shows the password field activated, whereas Panther did not. <br><br>2.) When the password field isn't there, in Panther you can hit enter to display the password field...in Tiger you have to use the mouse. <br><br>3.) In Tiger, in Mail, when you hit Command N to write a new e-mail, it takes an extra half second to load the new candy interface, meaning if I start typing as soon as I did in Panther Mail, I get an error alert and the first character is missing. <br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: The official Tiger nitpicking thread - 05/01/05 07:49 AM

Since I have 2 accounts on mine, I can't test 1 & 2, but with 3, I tried the new mail and typed fast but it opened up quick with mine....no problems here<br><br>

Re: The official Tiger nitpicking thread - 05/01/05 09:42 AM

I actually mis-typed #3 up there. <br><br>It only does it when you're replying to an e-mail. <br><br>So if you type Command R and immediately start typing (like you could in Panther) no dice!<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: The official Tiger nitpicking thread - 05/01/05 09:50 AM

You know, after I applied the Cagefighter hack to get rid of the "gel cap" buttons and send them back to what they should be, I gotta say that I think Mail is a pretty decent looking app.&#10;&#10;I may give it a try, but it'll be hard to stop using Thunderbird at this point because I actually do use some of its HTML email capabilities<br><br><br><br>CreativeGuy: For your "fix" of design software tips, tricks & commentary.

Re: The official Tiger nitpicking thread - 05/01/05 09:51 AM

Yeah..it's growing on me. <br><br>Mail.app has some HTML creation...you can highlight and right-click some text and make it a link, for instance. <br><br>
Posted by: zwei

Re: The official Tiger nitpicking thread - 05/01/05 09:55 AM

I have a nitpick ...my Dock's folder shortcuts are broken. Whenever I click a folder that I have drug into the dock to open it ...it tries to archive it instead. <br><br>Several people on apple's discussion boards are having the same problem, so it's definitely a bug somewhere. When I created a new account and tried it was just fine though!<br><br>

Re: The official Tiger nitpicking thread - 05/01/05 09:56 AM

Not a problem here...I'm one of those "erase and install" radicals!<br><br>

Re: The official Tiger nitpicking thread - 05/01/05 09:57 AM

I did an erase install <br><br>

Re: The official Tiger nitpicking thread - 05/01/05 10:00 AM

Gotcha. <br><br>I just did a test..works as expected on the one I tried. Perhaps it depends how much stuff is in it or something. <br><br><br>

Re: The official Tiger nitpicking thread - 05/01/05 10:10 AM

No matter how small the folder is, it still tries to archive it. I've deleted the Dock's .plist and repaired permissions ...no go<br><br>

Re: The official Tiger nitpicking thread - 05/01/05 10:10 AM

I dragged the Sites folder to the dock, then clicked it. It opened the folder. <br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: The official Tiger nitpicking thread - 05/01/05 10:13 AM

That's weird. I use the folder-in-dock routine too and I haven't seen that problem either.<br><br>

Re: The official Tiger nitpicking thread - 05/01/05 10:18 AM

I'm not alone! <br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: The official Tiger nitpicking thread - 05/01/05 10:25 AM

Well ya know, it IS the first version of Tiger, I'm guessing that a 10.4.x update is nearing completion that will fix many bugs.<br><br><br><br>CreativeGuy: For your "fix" of design software tips, tricks & commentary.
Posted by: carp

Re: The official Tiger nitpicking thread - 05/01/05 10:29 AM

Hummm you made a new user and that fixed the problem ?<br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: The official Tiger nitpicking thread - 05/01/05 10:30 AM

What happens when you right-click it? Do you get a menu of what is inside?<br><br>

Re: The official Tiger nitpicking thread - 05/01/05 10:31 AM

Yes, the new user wasn't affected by the bug ...didn't fix my account though, if that was what you were asking.<br><br>

Re: The official Tiger nitpicking thread - 05/01/05 10:33 AM

I get the menu, but if I hit the little "open" text at the bottom it tries to archive it. <br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: The official Tiger nitpicking thread - 05/01/05 10:33 AM

So then its not really a bug right ? must be a setting or corruption <br><br>

Re: The official Tiger nitpicking thread - 05/01/05 10:34 AM

That's my guess ...dunno what corrupted it though<br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: The official Tiger nitpicking thread - 05/01/05 11:06 AM

Money? Power? Fame? Sex? <br><br>