Who's doing what for Thanksgiving?

Posted by: yoyo52

Who's doing what for Thanksgiving? - 11/27/02 02:13 PM

We always go to some friends' house. They're sort of "family," although not at all relations. It's a great feast, great conversation, great wine--just a good ol' time.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: Krasni

Re: Who's doing what for Thanksgiving? - 11/27/02 02:36 PM

We haven't got "Tanksgiving" so won't do anything special.<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Who's doing what for Thanksgiving? - 11/27/02 02:43 PM

I have no plans...my family got together this past Sat. so I work during the day then I'll probably watch a movie or something...<br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Who's doing what for Thanksgiving? - 11/27/02 02:51 PM

When I was married it was a big family event (her side)<br>You just eat and drink all day, the spread was the traditional Thanksgiving dinner menu "Plus" since they are Fillipinos there was all the ethnic foods dishes. You eat, chat take a nap then eat and chat again. Then take home enough food to last for days.<br><br>BTW that was the only thing I like about that Bitch, she could cook.<br><br>Now its just me and my daughter and my grand daughter. So its pointless to do the big traditional spread. Tomorrow looks like a very scaled down spread - instead of a whole Turkey we will buy the breast only that kind of thing.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Who's doing what for Thanksgiving? - 11/27/02 03:08 PM

my family will be enjoying dinner at my mother-in-law's house this year, along with her brother and his wife. This is the first holiday season in over 11 years that I don't have to drive from Las Vegas, Nevada to Phoenix, Arizona and back... and I'm loving that!!!<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: Swatcat

Re: Who's doing what for Thanksgiving? - 11/27/02 03:19 PM

Thanksgiving Dinner at home.<br>I cooking again so far for starters 70 deviled eggs home made Apple pie.<br>More goodies to come tomorow two turkeys one in the oven one deep fried.<br>Family and friends/posting padding/football fix them all a plate to take home.<br>Then back to normal food<br><br>
Posted by: sross

Re: Who's doing what for Thanksgiving? - 11/27/02 03:43 PM

We are going to dinner tonight at a neighbor's house. They always put on a wonderful evening.<br>Tomorrow, we go to a friends house. I don't know if I am too thrilled about that because it will include a bunch of their family and kids. Not that I don't like kids, but there will be at least 10 and that spells trouble.<br><br>
Posted by: lesh

Re: Who's doing what for Thanksgiving? - 11/27/02 04:06 PM

Somehow I will pack myself, my elderly mother, her wheelchair, my spouse (6'4") and 1 apple cranberry pie into my little Honda and make our way to Connecticut (@2 hour drive) to his Grandfather's house. Good folks and good food. The Patriots/Lions game on TV. And then drive home again.<br><br>[color:purple]If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.</font color=purple><br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: Who's doing what for Thanksgiving? - 11/27/02 05:11 PM

We will be going over my honey's sisters house in Newington, CT for dinner. This is with all my honey's family (Italians) She is an awesome cook. The dinner consists of 100 courses...haha. hor 'derves (homemade pizzas, white, potato,tomato sauce; all the Italian type of goodies such as bruschetta, roasted peppers, cold cuts, cheeses, you name it.<br>Next course is the appetizer, usually proscuitto wrapped around a slice of cantelope, giardenaire, more roasted peppers, etc.<br>Next course is the soup, usually Italian wedding soup.<br>Next course is the pasta, usually two kinds, both homemade noodles.<br>Next course is the turkey, veggies, salad, ham, etc.<br>Next course.....wait a bit, and then dessert and Espresso.<br>My stomach is hurting already!<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Who's doing what for Thanksgiving? - 11/27/02 05:20 PM

Can I come?? <br><br>
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: Who's doing what for Thanksgiving? - 11/27/02 05:22 PM

Heading down to Ohio to father's. 91 year old grandfather will be there. First time for Thanksgiving with him and my dad on the actual day in nearly 20 years.<br><br>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: Who's doing what for Thanksgiving? - 11/27/02 05:34 PM

Just another day for me. Working my butt off as usual. We had our "day off" already.<br><br>

Re: Who's doing what for Thanksgiving? - 11/27/02 05:50 PM

Gee Marg I will be thinking of you when Im sitting on my @ss doing nothing at all Thursday&Friday&Saturday&Sunday <br>I Will do some sitting for you Ok <br><br>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: Who's doing what for Thanksgiving? - 11/27/02 06:23 PM

<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Who's doing what for Thanksgiving? - 11/27/02 09:37 PM

Wish I could take off all weekend, Swatcat. After tomorrow, which I will spend without once looking at a paper to mark up, I'll wade through some fifty papers so I can return them all by Monday. Not exactly something I look forward to, although once I get going it's sometimes a pleasure to read what the students have produced.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: mojo_jojo

Re: Who's doing what for Thanksgiving? - 11/28/02 02:02 AM

You just described what Thanksgiving dinner was when I was growing up in western PA. My dad's side is all Italian and Thanksgiving was always at my great grandmothers house. I had forgotten about Italian wedding soup. One of my favorites. And there is nothing finer than homemade pasta. With so much to choose from, the turkey never was the "center" of the meal. <br><br>Enjoy your Thanksgiving and drive safe.<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Who's doing what for Thanksgiving? - 11/28/02 05:30 AM

Wash the turkey, prepare the turkey, put turkey in oven for about 4 hours, baste liberally with wine and butter, eat the turkey along with the other dishes we make for Thanksgiving dinner. Drink wine. Sleep a bit. Eat some more, drink some more. Sleep some more. Go to see SOLARIS. Eat some more turkey. Drink some more wine. Check in at MacMinute. I dunno, what else? Yeah, I am off for 4 days too. <br><br>Have a great Thanksgiving everyone and be thankful you have a Macintosh!<br><br>

Re: Who's doing what for Thanksgiving? - 11/28/02 06:09 AM

It's hard work but sombody got to do it <br>Thank's for doing your share of the work <br><br>