Dear Apple, you make the crappiest browser

Posted by: JonnyCat

Dear Apple, you make the crappiest browser - 04/21/05 09:51 AM

Every damn "optimization" you put in this piece of junk browser is useless. Stop making it the world's fastest.<br><br>Javascript and DHTML just blows chunks on your useless browser.<br><br>[/rant]<br><br>Now back to my regularly scheduled trying to get JavaScript to work on the world's fastest miracle browser.<br><br>
Posted by:

Re: Dear Apple, you make the crappiest browser - 04/21/05 10:09 AM

If you know so much about browsers, why don't you write a better one! [/apologist response]<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: Dear Apple, you make the crappiest browser - 04/21/05 10:53 AM

I am happy to say I haven't used Safari in a couple of weeks now. Very happy with Firefox. Maybe still some pimples and warts, but NO FREAKIN' BEACH BALLS! <br><br>
Posted by: snag

Re: Dear Apple, you make the crappiest browser - 04/21/05 10:57 AM

hooo boy i can all the Safari fans reaching for their pitchforks.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: snag

Re: Dear Apple, you make the crappiest browser - 04/21/05 10:57 AM

Why should he when better ones already exist.<br><br>/ducks<br><br>
Posted by: Bryan

Re: Dear Apple, you make the crappiest browser - 04/21/05 04:44 PM

I use iCab exclusively. <br><br>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: Dear Apple, you make the crappiest browser - 04/22/05 04:58 AM

I use Safari just to check the compatibility :)<br><br>
Posted by: zwei

Re: Dear Apple, you make the crappiest browser - 04/22/05 05:38 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I use Safari just to check the compatibility :)<p><hr></blockquote><p>Me too! ...I think I'm about a quarter way through testing the Internet <br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Dear Apple, you make the crappiest browser - 04/22/05 06:39 AM

I prefer Firefox, but I occasionally open Safari for the abuse. It's the only application that continuously has the problem of fonts switching to Asian or symbol characters. I've seen people post about it here and usually removing the Helvetica Fractions font fixes it. But out of nowhere I'm having that problem again on Google's AdSense page.<br><br>Apple is so concerned with making Safari fast that they've forgot to fix all the problems with it Javascript... HELLO???!!!<br><br><br><br>CreativeGuy: For your "fix" of design software tips, tricks & commentary.
Posted by: drjohn

Re: Dear Apple, you make the crappiest browser - 04/22/05 10:24 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I think I'm about a quarter way through testing the Internet<p><hr></blockquote><p>Beat ya!<br><br>And on a dial-up, too! <br><br>
Posted by: zwei

Re: Dear Apple, you make the crappiest browser - 04/22/05 10:26 AM

Not fair ...I just got my DSL a couple months ago. Before that I was on 28k modem (split between my wife and I) <br><br>
Posted by:

Re: Dear Apple, you make the crappiest browser - 04/22/05 04:21 PM

They all suck. I'm still waiting for a browser that stops when you click "stop."<br><br><br><br>

Re: Dear Apple, you make the crappiest browser - 04/22/05 04:23 PM

I'm still waiting for a kid that stops when you say "stop". <br><br>
Posted by:

Re: Dear Apple, you make the crappiest browser - 04/22/05 04:25 PM

Oh yeah? Well, I'm still waiting for a steveg that... uh... (can't think of an ending for that joke.)<br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Dear Apple, you make the crappiest browser - 04/22/05 04:47 PM

Don't make me come in there. <br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Dear Apple, you make the crappiest browser - 04/22/05 09:06 PM

You wouldn't fit... it's a small space!<br><br><br><br>CreativeGuy: For your "fix" of design software tips, tricks & commentary.
Posted by: drjohn

Re: Dear Apple, you make the crappiest browser - 04/23/05 12:26 AM

Did you mean small...or short?<br><br>

Re: Dear Apple, you make the crappiest browser - 04/23/05 04:21 AM

Hey careful there ol' fella, you're hitting a nerve. <br><br><br><br><br>Oh wait, that's what you did got a living! <br><br><br><br><br>