Habemus Papam

Posted by: Michael

Habemus Papam - 04/19/05 09:12 AM

Evidently they have elected a new Pope. Ratzinger. <br><br>
Posted by: snag

Re: Habemus Papam - 04/19/05 09:20 AM

Yes, to the extreme consternation of the boneheaded bingo callers on the networks, who were in unison proclaiming that the white smoke was in fact black and that they had failed to elect the new guy. Minutes later they were in unison eating crow and calling for changes to clear up their confusion. The only confusing thing for everybody but them is why how such knuckleheads get and keep their jobs.<br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: Habemus Papam - 04/19/05 09:21 AM

Thank God! <br><br>
Posted by: trey

Re: Habemus Papam - 04/19/05 09:59 AM

Whoah, for a minute there I got confused... I though you meant this guy. <br><br>
Posted by: Pete

Re: Habemus Papam - 04/19/05 10:03 AM

...who just turned 78 on Saturday- I give this guy 7-8 years at the most...<br><br>[color:red]5.19.05 - The 'Jedi Slaughter' tour begins!</font color=red>
Posted by: trey

Re: Habemus Papam - 04/19/05 10:27 AM

Maybe they're trying to get in some pope padding.<br><br>**ba dum bum crash**<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Habemus Papam - 04/19/05 10:44 AM

I read someplace about a week ago saying that they think this Pope would be a short term one (re: not a young Cardinal) for some reason. Will have to see if I can find it when I get home.<br><br>
Posted by: Bryan

Re: Habemus Papam - 04/19/05 11:10 AM

I'm not a Catholic, but I'm not sure I get it. <br><br>You would think they would want a young guy in there..guess after the length of PJP2 they're looking for something shorter. <br><br>
Posted by:

Re: Habemus Papam - 04/19/05 11:42 AM

PJP2?? Is that a new game console??<br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: Habemus Papam - 04/19/05 11:44 AM

And a very thin one at that! [razy]<br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: Habemus Papam - 04/19/05 11:45 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Will have to see if I can find it when I get home.<p><hr></blockquote><p>You've got a short Pope at home? <br><br>

Re: Habemus Papam - 04/19/05 01:03 PM

I couldn't help but think of him every time I heard that name too.<br><br>

Re: Habemus Papam - 04/19/05 01:05 PM

You would think they would want a young guy in there<br><br>His age was what made him the favorite to be picked. He's a "transitional" pope. Reboundus Papam. I have to say he looks good for 78 though.<br><br>