Ok, since DW might be out of the picture...

Posted by: Pete

Ok, since DW might be out of the picture... - 04/19/05 08:04 AM

Can anyone recommend a good book to learn GoLive? I love the 'Visual Quickstart' guides, but I don't see one for CS as of yet...<br><br>Always good to be prepared. <br><br>[color:red]5.19.05 - The 'Jedi Slaughter' tour begins!</font color=red>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Ok, since DW might be out of the picture... - 04/19/05 08:16 AM

I've always relied upon the Adobe Classroom in a Book series.<br><br>
Posted by: Optimus_George

Re: Ok, since DW might be out of the picture... - 04/19/05 08:16 AM

Wouldn't it be GoLive that would/could die? I mean Dreamweaver is more industry standard. Adobe Dreamweaver doesn't sound too bad either.<br><br>

Re: Ok, since DW might be out of the picture... - 04/19/05 08:25 AM

Who knows- but like I said, it would be wise for someone like me to be prepared for either scenario. <br><br>[color:red]5.19.05 - The 'Jedi Slaughter' tour begins!</font color=red>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: Ok, since DW might be out of the picture... - 04/19/05 08:59 AM

PS for layouting and then I would say coding by hand is THE best way to do sites. WYSIWYG apps just get in the way. Download TextWrangler (and StyleMaster if you're new to CSS) and start coding! Once you get the hang of it, you'll never go back.<br><br>

Re: Ok, since DW might be out of the picture... - 04/19/05 09:03 AM

I *do* code a lot by hand these days (BBEdit), but I like a program such as DW for tweaking and being able to preview my changes without having to constantly refresh in a browser...<br><br><br>[color:red]5.19.05 - The 'Jedi Slaughter' tour begins!</font color=red>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: Ok, since DW might be out of the picture... - 04/19/05 09:06 AM

I see. I do the same.<br><br>
Posted by: LoveTheBomb

Re: Ok, since DW might be out of the picture... - 04/20/05 04:53 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I *do* code a lot by hand these days (BBEdit), but I like a program such as DW for tweaking and being able to preview my changes without having to constantly refresh in a browser...<p><hr></blockquote><p>You know, you can preview with BBEdit. I personally use TextMate. I find many of the "features" of DW end up hurting the site in the long run. You have more control doing it by hand.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Ok, since DW might be out of the picture... - 04/20/05 07:15 AM

GoLive for dummies is probably what you need, since you already understand the concept of HTML, it's really just a "what button do I push to xxxxxxx" type of book you need. GoLive is fairly easy to learn compared to Dreamweaver.&#10;&#10;That being said, I wouldn't rush out and buy a whole lot of GoLive books if I were you, I'm fairly certain that Dreamweaver isn't going anywhere. <br><br><br><br>CreativeGuy: For your "fix" of design software tips, tricks & commentary.

Re: Ok, since DW might be out of the picture... - 04/20/05 07:18 AM

Yeah, it's more a matter of learning what tools are where. I guess it won't be that big of a shock, though, considering my limited use of WYSIWYG programs nowadays...<br><br>[color:red]5.19.05 - The 'Jedi Slaughter' tour begins!</font color=red>
Posted by: Bryan

Re: Ok, since DW might be out of the picture... - 04/20/05 02:03 PM

Adobe is going to have to be careful. The big software bucks are in enterprise, and since they're deploying another CS suite and apparently one more MX suite, they're going to have to make some public statements about what their plans are. <br><br>