Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: April Papal - 04/18/05 05:29 PM

Come up with a better screenname and I might.<br><br>
Posted by: Bryan

Re: April Papal - 04/18/05 06:40 PM

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!<br><br>
Posted by: Bryan

Re: April Papal - 04/18/05 07:00 PM

Frank Purdue arranges to visit the Pope. After receiving the papal blessing he whispers, "Your Eminence, do we have a deal for you. If you change The Lord's Prayer from 'give us this day our daily bread....'to 'give us this day our daily chicken....' we will donate $500 million dollars to the Church".<br><br>The Pope responds saying, "That is impossible. The Prayer is the Word of the Lord and it must not be changed". <br><br>"Well then," says Frank Purdue, "we are prepared to donate $1 billion the Church if you change the Lord's Prayer from 'give us this day our daily bread....' to 'give us this day our daily chicken...."<br><br>Again the Pope replies "That is impossible. The Prayer is the Word of the Lord and it must not be changed".<br><br>Finally, Frank Perdue says to the Pope,"Sir, this is our last offer. We will donate $5 billion to the church if you change the Lord's Prayer from 'give us this day our daily bread....' to 'give us this day our daily chicken....'" and he leaves.<br><br>The next day the Pope meets with the College of Cardinals. "I have good news, and I have bad news," he tells them. <br><br>"The good news is that the Church has come into $5 billion ... The bad news is that we're losing The Wonderbread Account"<br><br>
Posted by: Walrus

Re: April Papal - 04/18/05 07:51 PM

On his first day in office, the new Pope picks up the phone, and it's a call from God. Overwhelmed, the Pope stammers, "Why are you calling me?"<br><br>God says, "Well, I've got good news for you, and bad news."<br><br>Pope says, "What's the good news?"<br><br>God says, " I've become so irritated about all the arguments and wars that mankind fights over what is the True Religion, that I've decreed that all the world shall henceforth have only one true religion."<br><br>The Pope says, "Wonderful! What's the bad news?"<br><br>God says, "I'm calling from Salt Lake City."<br><br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: April Papal - 04/18/05 08:23 PM

Word has it that Ratzinger has the popular vote with the conclave, however that is a rumor broadcast over the radio.<br><br>Interesting that a country the size of US does not have at-least a honorable entry to be nominated Pope, Even just for kicks <br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: April Papal - 04/18/05 08:30 PM

Well there's always me. I could pope for a while. My sister just got back from Italy. Said it's nice.<br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: April Papal - 04/18/05 09:16 PM

Funny, you don't look Jewish... <br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: April Papal - 04/19/05 10:41 AM

How's this?<br><br>