Black, Red, & White - What's it all about?

Posted by: alAnonymous

Black, Red, & White - What's it all about? - 04/18/05 01:14 PM

Okay... so I'm approaching mid-thirties and I have no idea why these dang indie music kids keep using "black red and white" in their identities... can anybody explain?<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>-------<br>Predictable. Consistent. Either way, it's the same thing.
Posted by: MattMac112

Re: Black, Red, & White - What's it all about? - 04/18/05 01:18 PM

Good observation!<br><br>****************<br>[color:red]Fat people are harder to kidnap</font color=red>
Posted by:

Re: Black, Red, & White - What's it all about? - 04/18/05 01:21 PM

Because they're soooo indie that they're just like all the rest.<br><br>I remember from high school how the artsy kids were so individualistic that they all looked just like each other. Usually they wore black and had that "The Cure" look to them.<br><br>

Re: Black, Red, & White - What's it all about? - 04/18/05 01:41 PM

Mmm... yeah, and Prince had that whole "purple/paisley" thing.<br><br>I could put 2 2 together with the "goth" thing, but this seems to be a little more specific. What's the "message"?<br><br>I haven't come across a verse/lyric that might have sparked it all (yet)...<br><br><br><br>-------<br>Predictable. Consistent. Either way, it's the same thing.
Posted by: Optimus_George

Re: Black, Red, & White - What's it all about? - 04/18/05 01:43 PM

Sam in 11th grade.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Black, Red, & White - What's it all about? - 04/18/05 01:43 PM

Man... you haven't hit 40 yet and you're already "outta touch"? <br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Black, Red, & White - What's it all about? - 04/18/05 01:44 PM

I already hit 40 and I hope I'm not too outta touch!<br><br>

Re: Black, Red, & White - What's it all about? - 04/18/05 01:45 PM

Well, MM does have me listed as a "Senior Member"... <br><br>-------<br>Aren't you a little old for nostalgic irony?
Posted by: SparkCollector

Re: Black, Red, & White - What's it all about? - 04/18/05 01:46 PM

I knew about "the other attribute" but I never knew he was a longhair!<br><br>
Posted by: Pete

Re: Black, Red, & White - What's it all about? - 04/18/05 01:47 PM

My favorite little life scene from this weekend was the white trash dad in his Dodge truck with the 'hemi', dropping off the two goth-dressed daughters at the mall in front of Sears.<br><br>"Oh my gawd, Da-a-a-a-a-a-dddd....hurry up and drive away!"<br><br><br>[color:red]5.19.05 - The 'Jedi Slaughter' tour begins!</font color=red>

Re: Black, Red, & White - What's it all about? - 04/18/05 01:49 PM

Hmmm...<br><br>Methinks Sam has more answers than he is letting on:<br><br>Exhibit A:<br><br><br><br>or maybe Stan and Larry can shed some light since it appears they "went there" first:<br><br><br><br>-------<br>Aren't you a little old for post-modern nostalgic irony?
Posted by:

Re: Black, Red, & White - What's it all about? - 04/18/05 02:21 PM

Oh, I've got more answers, baby!! [/costanza]<br><br>