Any experiences w/these 'all-in-1' travel sites?

Posted by: Pete

Any experiences w/these 'all-in-1' travel sites? - 04/13/05 11:22 AM

Hey all- <br><br>I'm looking to book a trip with the wife soon, but I've never had any need for sites like Expedia or Travelocity because we always had friends recommend hotels to us, etc. Now we're going a bit off on our own, and I wanted to know if anyone had any experience booking their flights/hotel arrangements through the web... <br><br>Apart from the off-kilter departure times, any nightmare stories about seedy hotels or no-name airlines? <br><br>[color:red]5.19.05 - The 'Jedi Slaughter' tour begins!</font color=red>
Posted by: RubenC

Re: Any experiences w/these 'all-in-1' travel sit - 04/13/05 11:30 AM

I booked my niece on Expedia a short while back and all went well. So I recently booked a trip for my wife and I on Expedia to go to New Orleans. Seemed effortless and got the hotel and airline we wanted at a good price.<br><br>
Posted by: Pete

Re: Any experiences w/these 'all-in-1' travel sit - 04/13/05 11:41 AM

How were the hotels? Nice? Do they give you options to choose during the booking process?<br><br><br><br>[color:red]5.19.05 - The 'Jedi Slaughter' tour begins!</font color=red>

Re: Any experiences w/these 'all-in-1' travel sit - 04/13/05 11:47 AM

I won't know until June, but the hotel I booked was highly regarded by several people I know who frequent New Orleans. You have the option to select from price to star rating, and reviews are given by previous Expedia customers.<br><br>Options were sufficient, room size, bed size, smoking or none, room view, and occupancy.<br><br>
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: Any experiences w/these 'all-in-1' travel sit - 04/13/05 12:29 PM

I have used Orbitz with luck for hotel/rental cars before and without problems. I did find some of the rates I received were the ones I would receive with my AAA discount.<br><br>
Posted by: trey

Re: Any experiences w/these 'all-in-1' travel sit - 04/13/05 12:46 PM

I had a good experience with Travelocity recently, but I only used it to book the flights I took.<br><br>
Posted by: Krasni

Re: Any experiences w/these 'all-in-1' travel sites? - 04/13/05 12:58 PM

I use Amadeus, Expedia, Travelonline and others for booking flights. Try also the websites of the flight companies.<br>For hotels, depending on where are you going maybe it's better to ask us or your friends.<br><br><br>

Re: Any experiences w/these 'all-in-1' travel sit - 04/13/05 12:58 PM

Hey Ruben, I live quite close to New Orleans. If you want (and if you have time), we could get together for a meal or something. Have sort of a "down south" MM face to face.<br><br>Let me know, it'd be a blast.<br><br>

Re: Any experiences w/these 'all-in-1' travel sit - 04/13/05 01:20 PM

Sounds like a plan!!<br>My wife and I are going the third weekend in June for our anniversary and we plan to do plenty of eating and enjoy some good jazz too!!<br><br>I'll PM you with the details when we get closer to the date.<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Any experiences w/these 'all-in-1' travel sit - 04/13/05 01:28 PM

I have used cheaptickets.com for airline tickets and have 0 problems. As far as hotels go, I guess try hotel.com<br><br>
Posted by: lesh

Re: Any experiences w/these 'all-in-1' travel sit - 04/13/05 04:15 PM

I've used Expedia and Travelocity once each, and Orbitz on several occasions, all with no problems. I have *not* booked any combo hotel/airfare kinds of deals through them, so I can't advise you there. Some of the sites have areas for comments from other travellers, it's worth a read and a little further Googling if a particular hotel sounds interesting. <br><br>Kind of hard to tell you what hotels to avoid if we don't know where you are going...<br><br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: Any experiences w/these 'all-in-1' travel sit - 04/13/05 06:09 PM

Orbitz you say?<br><br>
Posted by: Bryan

Re: Any experiences w/these 'all-in-1' travel sit - 04/13/05 06:12 PM

I used Travelocity for a trip to Cali. It was flawless. <br><br>

Re: Any experiences w/these 'all-in-1' travel sit - 04/13/05 07:27 PM

Sweet! I'll keep an eye out for the PM.<br><br>We'll get you plenty of good food and music.<br><br>