I got an email today...

Posted by: LoveTheBomb

I got an email today... - 04/11/05 06:19 PM

here's a snipped of it<br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I received your resume and would like to take some time on the phone to further discuss your qualifications...<br>Lisa - Sr. Technical Recruiter - Microsoft Recruiting<br><p><hr></blockquote><p>hrmmm...<br><br>
Posted by: Topper

Re: I got an email today... - 04/11/05 06:21 PM

They have a Mac division.<br><br>
Posted by: cesrivas

Re: I got an email today... - 04/11/05 06:36 PM

MacBU rules!!! the biggest mac developer outside apple.... =) Office Mac is a great suite... from the evildoers, but great software ....<br><br>----<br>:)

Re: I got an email today... - 04/11/05 06:40 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>MacBU rules!!! the biggest mac developer outside apple.... =) Office Mac is a great suite... from the evildoers, but great software ....<p><hr></blockquote><p>Well, I'm not sure what positions they have open. There's actually stuff I find more interesting than the MacBU.<br><br>They're requesting a 30 minute phone interview, though. Never had one that long. Kinda nervous.<br><br>-Matt<br><br>
Posted by: cesrivas

Re: I got an email today... - 04/11/05 06:44 PM

hey, just relax and enjoy the interview ... that's my opinion about interviews, just be honest.. and everything will fly easy.....<br><br>have fun... and let's us know how the interview went..... <br><br>----<br>:)

Re: I got an email today... - 04/11/05 06:59 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>have fun... and let's us know how the interview went..... <p><hr></blockquote><p>Will do. It's not for another week, so I got time to prepare anyway<br>
Posted by: carp

Re: I got an email today... - 04/11/05 08:42 PM

Well I dunno about the honest part I always was honest but there are many people who lied like h3ll and got the job. Anyway.<br><br>Don't bore them with you, you, you answers - They want to know what "you" can do for MS.<br><br>example;<br>I can contribute to MS _____ division because I have experience in this related field<br><br>
Posted by:

Re: I got an email today... - 04/11/05 08:45 PM

Use the George Costanza method: be heard eating an apple to sound confident.<br><br>
Posted by: Bryan

Re: I got an email today... - 04/11/05 08:47 PM

Just shout the following directly into the phone:<br><br>"I GOT SKILLZ!!! I'M A MACINTOSH PIMP!!!<br><br>You'll get the job after 5 minutes...<br><br>
Posted by: Topper

Re: I got an email today... - 04/11/05 09:03 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>"I GOT SKILLZ!!! I'M A MACINTOSH PIMP!!!<p><hr></blockquote><p>That will work, huh?<br>I am retired but I'll try it. I don't mind going after the big bucks.<br><br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: I got an email today... - 04/11/05 09:20 PM

Best of luck. And hide the iPod.<br><br>
Posted by: Bryan

Re: I got an email today... - 04/11/05 09:40 PM

Works 100% of the time it's tried. <br><br>Also, if you have an online handle, like LoveTheBomb does, demand that they refer to you by that and not your birth name. <br><br><br><br>