Should we get this one?

Posted by: iRock

Should we get this one? - 04/10/05 10:01 AM

Graphic design on cars is really getting advanced. I would never want one but this is great. Why would they choose one with a utilitarian roof rack though? (guess what we did not order?)<br><br>Flame job Magnum on eBay.<br>edit: try the link now<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by iRock on 04/10/05 01:25 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Should we get this one? - 04/10/05 10:04 AM

The page cannot be found<br><br>Got a different link?<br><br>
Posted by: Topper

Re: Should we get this one? - 04/10/05 10:23 AM

Is this it, Shelli?<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Should we get this one? - 04/10/05 10:25 AM

<br><br>

Re: Should we get this one? - 04/10/05 10:29 AM

Yep. And even though this guy did not do that car, he has some fantastic stuff.<br>Killer Paint Airbrush Studio<br>Of course at 20k-30k per job he'd better.<br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Should we get this one? - 04/10/05 11:37 AM

I'll take a pass on the flames <br><br>So are getting the Dodge or the Chrysler one ?<br><br>
Posted by: lesh

Re: Should we get this one? - 04/10/05 01:58 PM

Shel, what color is yours going to be? If you did go for the flaming paint job, I think purple would be more appropriate for you.<br><br>

Re: Should we get this one? - 04/10/05 07:14 PM

I believe this is it. There is also a Medium Gray Metallic but I like them both and told Rick to choose.<br><br><br>He chose Magnesium Pearl Coat. Medium gray although there is a faint hint of green in the sun.<br>Can you imagine Rick driving a purple car?<br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Should we get this one? - 04/10/05 08:51 PM

Looks great shellie so you got the RT with the Hemi ?<br><br>

Re: Should we get this one? - 04/11/05 12:19 AM

5.7L Hemi Multi-Displacement Engine. 340HP 5 speed auto transmission. It has a plus and minus you can shift up and down but still no clutch. It's from the Mercedes line. You know how we post our computer set ups? On the Dodge forums you list what you ordered on your car. We got the rear wheel drive as opposed to all wheel drive. Did not get roof rack or satellite radio, GPA or Smokers group which means no ashtrays or lighter. But we did get protection group, air bags, side air curtains, self sealing tires, UConnect hands free cell phone package works with Bluetooth cell phone, power sunroof (has a hatch cover), Rick ordered larger fuel tank. Yikes! Leather comes standard on this model. <br><br>
Posted by: padmavyuha

Re: Should we get this one? - 04/11/05 12:55 AM

Okay, I know petrol's cheaper in the US, but it still seems surreal to me that here in the UK, a standard car engine is around 1.4L - and we're allowed to go 70mph on our motorways. I'm just curious, really - apart from towing caravans, what do you get for 5.7L that you don't for, say, 2?<br><br>- padmavyuha<br><br>Where the truth is, there had better be love...

Re: Should we get this one? - 04/11/05 01:29 AM

We both have always loved muscle cars. Performance driving. 1960s and 1970s Detroit iron. The multi-displacement engine shuts 4 cylinders down so during most highway driving it is only running on the other 4 cylinders. It gets better fuel mileage than what we are driving now. But if we want to it can get up and go. And my husband just asked what I was typing? I told him your question and his answer was, "Laying rubber on the blacktop." Speedometer goes to 160mph. Don't forget our states are huge in the west. Several countries in Europe would fit in one state over here. We knew people from England and they and people that came to visit them from there were amazed at how far you have to drive to get anywhere. Luckily we love road trips. Another reason we love an SUV. So we get our muscle car and SUV all in one. Midlife crisis solved. Here petrol is rising by the minute. And then for when we want to slow down and smell the flowers we will go for drives in the MG.<br><br>
Posted by: skuldugary

Re: Should we get this one? - 04/11/05 07:51 AM

Okay girl, stop rubbing our noses in it. <br>You're getting an awesome car and we're not. We get it, ya show off. <br><br>Next thing we know, you'll be driving up and down our streets, honking and waving. hehe<br><br>
Posted by: ezyrider

Re: Should we get this one? - 04/11/05 08:14 AM

I snapped this at a trade show last week. It is a company that uses our machines to cut vinyl graphics for cars, trucks, buses, etc. I was amazed! It looks airbrushed but it is vinyl. I'm more of a monochromatic type when it comes to cars but I was impressed at what sign companies are doing with the technology.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: padmavyuha

Re: Should we get this one? - 04/11/05 10:42 AM

Oh - so where in the States can you legally do 160mph? I thought you were stuck with 55 pretty much everywhere, but maybe I haven't got my finger on the pulse... I understand the 'size for comfort' factor - I've mostly driven vans because I'm 6'3" and I don't fit cars well. But 5.7 still seems a lot of litres to me - but if it's fuel-efficient, that's the important thing. What do you get to the gallon on one of these things?<br><br>- padmavyuha<br><br>Where the truth is, there had better be love...

Re: Should we get this one? - 04/11/05 11:59 AM

22-25 mpg optimum. Speed limit on the interstate is 70 but I go about 5 over on my way to work. We live just off the Interstate and I travel it daily on the work week. We will not open it up until we go through eastern Washington where it is flat straight freeways for miles and miles. And not 160. Mostly we like the power for getting up with the flow of traffic entering the freeways, stuff like that.<br><br>