is everyone else crazy?

Posted by: newkojak

is everyone else crazy? - 11/26/02 06:55 PM

Am I totally insane, or have the nutballs in MacCentral done flipped their whigs? Maybe everyone is crazy, or I'm just the only one crazy/stupid enough to respond.<br><br>-- Charlie Alpha Roger Whiskey
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: is everyone else crazy? - 11/26/02 06:59 PM

Uh..what are you talking about? For those of us who rarely, if ever, go to MC, how about a link if it's a particular thread you are talking about? Or..threads...whichever. But don't be so vague or we'll think you are the crazy one <br><br>
Posted by: newkojak

Re: is everyone else crazy? - 11/26/02 07:01 PM

There were a couple of guys opening their big dumb mouths about Muslims, often trampling the wire between xenophobia and flat out racism.<br><br>I'm just bothered by that sort of thing.<br><br>-- Charlie Alpha Roger Whiskey
Posted by: carp

Re: is everyone else crazy? - 11/26/02 07:03 PM

Let me go back there and check I have not been in MC for a few hours.<br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: is everyone else crazy? - 11/26/02 07:55 PM

Well, I know that you posted something on that very sunject yesterday, and you're especially sensitive to the material..<br><br>BUT, you have to read it for what it is...<br><br>The original post was referring to shock over Muslim fundamentalist leaders instructing their followers to kill the woman who wrote the article on the Miss World event, that sparked the riots...<br><br>I believe he was trying to say, in not so many words, that if the Muslim community wished to distance themselves from these extremists, that they should have come out and condemned those responsible. <br><br>Instead, they sit idly by and what winds up happening is that all of the non-Muslims in the world see this small percentage as the representatives of the religion, causing only more hatred and discrimination. I haven't really seen where the thread has gone lately, but it didn't start out so insane... <br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: is everyone else crazy? - 11/26/02 08:14 PM

Before you say something regretable, keep in mind that nearly everyone here at MacMinute also visit MacCentral...<br><br>That being said, sometimes things are said that are taken wrong or out of context... I saw those threads and stayed away from them simply because they wreaked of flameage!<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: is everyone else crazy? - 11/26/02 08:26 PM

All I can say is "Let MacMinute be MacMinute."<br><br>It worked for Reagan <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: is everyone else crazy? - 11/26/02 08:44 PM

Did he really say that? I wasn't aware that Ronald Reagan was a member here... of course, he probably wouldn't be aware of it either! <br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: carp

Re: is everyone else crazy? - 11/26/02 08:46 PM

Well Ronnie<br>Had no recall at all.<br>Or was that a movie with Arnold?<br><br>

Re: is everyone else crazy? - 11/26/02 08:47 PM

<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: walzuhair

Re: is everyone else crazy? - 11/26/02 10:08 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>"Let MacMinute be MacMinute."<p><hr></blockquote><p>I second that...<br><br>