one week to NAB

Posted by: cesrivas

one week to NAB - 04/10/05 07:03 AM

NAB 2005 starts in a week in Las Vegas!!! I guess a lot of new stuff from Apple, Avid , Discreet (Now Autodesk), Alias, adobe.....<br><br>anyone traveling to Las Vegas? I would like to go...<br><br>http://www.nabshow.com/<br><br>----<br>:)
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: one week to NAB - 04/10/05 07:19 AM

You and me both!<br><br>So what do you think will be shown?<br><br>

Re: one week to NAB - 04/10/05 07:52 AM

mmhh, that's the problem , you never know... I think a lot of companies are gonna release new products at NAB.... Discreet (now autodesk) has a new app coming.... apple logic and logic express 7.1?? a new version of shake, motion, FCP 5.0 DvdStudioPro HD (I do not think so)? a undated XSAN and new Apple remote desktiop 2.5? maybe new apple pro hardware, NO WAY POWEBOOKS G5s ....<br><br>I liked very much the apple demos (some quicktime videos) of the proApps from NAB 2004, but I wanted also a video of shake...<br><br><br><br>----<br>:)
Posted by: Topper

Re: one week to NAB - 04/10/05 07:56 AM

Rumored:<br>New Power Mac G5 with the 970MB dual processor chip. The new Power Mac G5 will have Hypertransport 2.0 and PCI-Express.<br>Maximum memory will be 32GB.<br>I haven't heard this but maybe the new Power Macs will have four processors? <br>I guess since the 970MB chip is a dual processor it would only take two of them to make a four processor Power Mac?<br><br>A PowerBook with higher resolution and a ATI Radeon 9800 dual-core chip. Not a G5 however.<br><br>New versions of Apple's Shake, Final Cut Pro and DVD Studio Pro<br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: one week to NAB - 04/10/05 08:52 AM

I thought a new version of FCP required Tiger? (because of Quicktime 7)<br><br>Perhaps they'll announce FCP 5 to be shipped later?<br><br>

Re: one week to NAB - 04/10/05 08:57 AM

and becuase of core video and core image....<br><br>I think NAB will be very interesting for apple... and next, around the corner, is WWDC '05!!!! coool! smile ....that will a interesting conference .... will apple give plans for Macos X 10.5? like a roadmap, not details....<br><br>----<br>:)

Re: one week to NAB - 04/10/05 09:18 AM

10.5? Nahh...I think we'll definately see a slow-down in updates after Tiger.<br><br>

Re: one week to NAB - 04/10/05 09:20 AM

I know 10.5 is a long way to go... just wondering if apple is just going to give like a roadmap or something like that...<br><br>WWDC '05 will be very interesting!!! ;)<br><br>----<br>:)

Re: one week to NAB - 04/10/05 10:06 AM

I am hoping Tiger will be out shortly. <br>If so then maybe FCP5 is almost available.<br>But these are just rumors.<br>Tiger was rumored to be announced on April 1st and we still have no word on a shipping date.<br><br><br>

Re: one week to NAB - 04/10/05 10:08 AM

What will FCP5 have over FCP HD?<br><br>

Re: one week to NAB - 04/10/05 10:11 AM

64-bit?<br><br>

Re: one week to NAB - 04/10/05 10:15 AM

Are you saying it will be 64-bit? <br><br>If it is, then I will definately splurge and get it.<br><br>

Re: one week to NAB - 04/10/05 10:18 AM

Yes, 64-bit.<br>Here is more info:<br><br>"Final Cut Pro 5 will require Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger and will take advantage of the new Core Video technology, which functions as a bridge between QuickTime and a supported video card to deliver hardware-accelerated video processing. All real-time filters are being moved to Core Video support to deliver increased performance, for example, and Core Video should enable new real-time filters to be delivered, such as real-time HD color correction on moving footage.<br><br>Final Cut Pro 5 is also being built completely around the QuickTime 7 architecture. Final Cut Pro 5's dependence on Tiger means the software likely will not ship for up to two months after its introduction. There is always a small chance Tiger will be introduced alongside Final Cut Pro 5, as well.<br><br>Other features of Final Cut Pro 5 will include support for more than two tracks of audio, as well as multicam support. Also given is compatibility with HD video, like iMovie HD and Final Cut Express HD support.<br><br>Also rumored to be introduced with Final Cut Pro 5 is distributed rendering, although sources said this may not arrive until a later date. Originally slated for Final Cut Pro 4.5, distributed rendering would allow multiple systems to work together to render video. Technologies like Xsan, which started shipping in January, make this a far more realistic feature to build support for."<br><br>
Posted by: padmavyuha

Re: one week to NAB - 04/10/05 02:02 PM

10.5 will take longer to come along, because let's face it - we're running out of big cats... top-level board meetings soon to discuss: hmm... Serval Server is too confusing - Caracal? Too foreign... etc. etc. Maybe it's time to switch species? How about: OSX 10.5 - Spoonbill?<br><br>- padmavyuha<br><br>Where the truth is, there had better be love...
Posted by: carp

Re: one week to NAB - 04/10/05 02:10 PM

LOL to funny<br><br>I guess going with big cats has a little more zing unlike MS going with cows = LongHorn LOL what the next re-lease Angus ??<br><br>
Posted by: padmavyuha

Re: one week to NAB - 04/10/05 02:17 PM

How about MS Ermintrude?<br><br>Where the truth is, there had better be love...