Got a new Mac!

Posted by: yoyo52

Got a new Mac! - 11/26/02 11:25 AM

Well, not exactly new--it's a PM 6100 that was going to be dumped. It works fine. It has only 16 MB of RAM installed (running 8.1), so I'm going to install some more. I'm also thinking of getting an AAIU adaptor so I can connect it to my ethernet network at home, and have it surf a little.<br><br>So now I have a 512Ke, an SE 30, a Classic II, a Rev A iMac, a Wallstreet PB, a G4 AGP tower and a 466 MHz clamshell iBook. Pretty soon I'll be opening a museum <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: Mcteak

Re: Got a new Mac! - 11/26/02 11:40 AM

Hey, I've got one of those too...really like to low profile design. It was my first PowerPC!<br><br><br>"The day people stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them." Colin Powell
Posted by: bird

Re: Got a new Mac! - 11/26/02 12:10 PM

Thats quite a herd of Macs you have there, congratulations on your new addition!! Being a new mom to my first Mac for less then a year I have to tell you how often I go to E-bay and look at the clamshell's . I would love to get one to keep my only child company. But knowing my abilities are turning mine on and off and everything else in between is a crap shoot I have held off. I know I am unable to add ram or programs etc. And I think if you are ignorant to fixing or knowing what to do about a problem I have resisted all urges, but I love those little shells so much. Congratulations again,so many Macs, so little time!!<br><br>Lets dance!
Posted by: Trog

Re: Got a new Mac! - 11/26/02 01:25 PM

That sounds really fun. I'm actually jealous. I'd love to pick up some older hardware to play with, I just don't have the SPACE for it right now...<br><br>

Re: Got a new Mac! - 11/26/02 05:33 PM

I don't have the space either. My wife groans every time she thinks about it. <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Got a new Mac! - 11/26/02 05:35 PM

You sound like me a couple of years ago. I actually paid someone to install RAM into my iMac (it's not easy to install into the Rev A model, but now I'd do it myself). Just do it!<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: Mcteak

Re: Got a new Mac! - 11/26/02 05:39 PM

Your wife must know my wife....I have about 8 old mac and assorted Apple printers throughout our house, and she wants me to give them away!<br><br><br>"The day people stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them." Colin Powell