Who impresses you on talk shows?

Posted by: iRock

Who impresses you on talk shows? - 03/31/05 12:10 AM

I enjoy the late night talk shows. I like watching celebrities have to actually be themselves. Sorry Sgt. Baxter I think Jennifer Love-Hewitt is vapid and I really don't enjoy watching her. If I were in your shoes I would be thrilled to get the job and congrats to your firm.<br>Someone that surprised both myself and my husband was Kirstie Alley. She is able to laugh at herself and has a very intelligent wit.<br>One I enjoyed especially tonight was Penelope Cruz. She is just absolutely gorgeous and genuine. And obviously very smart as well.<br>Another bit I enjoy is when David calls Les Moonves and jokes around with the boss. I don't know how much is staged but it's always enjoyable.<br>Have you ever had your perception of a celebrity changed for the better or worse after you have seen them just be themselves on a talk show?<br><br>
Posted by: SparkCollector

Re: Who impresses you on talk shows? - 03/31/05 12:25 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>"Have you ever had your perception of a celebrity changed for the better or worse after you have seen them just be themselves on a talk show?"<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Yup.<br><br>Poor Todd Rundgren. He's an enormously brilliant and creative guy; I've met him several times, and he was friendly and easy to talk with, but he is usually so far out of his element on the regular circuit of talk shows that he seems like a misfit wallflower, and somebody who isn't comfortable with idle chitchat and product stumping. He'd do much better in a narrow-cast roundtable discussion with his visionary peers. I keep looking for him to show up on "Your Mac Life" or something similar, where he'd get to speak about the stuff that gasses him up with like-minded individuals.<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by SparkCollector on 03/31/05 03:38 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: Bryan

Re: Who impresses you on talk shows? - 03/31/05 01:23 AM

Brittany Murphy was on Letterman the other night...verrry nice. <br><br>
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: Who impresses you on talk shows? - 03/31/05 04:47 AM

" . . . Jennifer Love-Hewitt is vapid and I really don't enjoy watching her."<br><br>Yeah, but how did her tits look?<br><br>
Posted by: Topper

Re: Who impresses you on talk shows? - 03/31/05 05:48 AM

I'd like to jump in here but I don't watch late night talk shows.<br>I do remember a time when Walter Matthau came off as being stale. Someone should have told him that he was supposed to be a commedian and should have tried to be less serious.<br>Bette Midler always did well.<br>You can see by this how long it has been since I watched a late night talk show.<br><br><br>
Posted by: Llewelyn

Re: Who impresses you on talk shows? - 03/31/05 06:37 AM

Patrick Stewart - seen him on a number of BBC America aired chat shows.<br><br>Don't bother with the US fare, I just don't care for the format of the shows.<br><br>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Who impresses you on talk shows? - 03/31/05 06:45 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Yeah, but how did her tits look?<p><hr></blockquote><p>She raises tits?<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: alAnonymous

Re: Who impresses you on talk shows? - 03/31/05 08:03 AM

Mmm... no. I thought I heard she raises the Roufus-sided Towhee?<br><br><br><br>PS - Saw the band "Death From Above 1979" on Conan O'Brien a couple weeks ago and Max Weinberg randomly took over the drums and it blew my mind. It was explosive and freaky. The performance was the best thing I've seen on TV in at least... well... ever, really. <br><br>-------<br>Predictable. Consistent. Either way, it's the same thing.
Posted by: Pete

Re: Who impresses you on talk shows? - 03/31/05 08:19 AM

Bruce Willis is a riot every time he's on Letterman...<br><br>Bill Murray too, but more in a surreal sort of way...<br><br>[color:red]5.19.05 - The 'Jedi Slaughter' tour begins!</font color=red>
Posted by: SparkCollector

Re: Who impresses you on talk shows? - 03/31/05 08:33 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>"Saw the band "Death From Above 1979" on Conan O'Brien a couple weeks ago and Max Weinberg randomly took over the drums and it blew my mind. It was explosive and freaky. The performance was the best thing I've seen on TV in at least... well... ever, really."<p><hr></blockquote><p><br><br>Yep, I saw that performance, and was thrilled. Max is a monster on the skins, I don't care what anybody says. There's not enough spontaneous stuff like that going on anywhere in the TV landscape. I miss the old "Night Music" TV show with Jools Holland and David Sanborn (<A HREF=http://forums.allaboutjazz.com/showthread.php?t=7488&page=1&pp=15http://forums.allaboutjazz.com/showthread.php?t=7488&page=1&pp=15>[color:DARKCYAN]<U>Here's a thread about it on a Jazz forum</U></FONT></A> Make sure you also read page 2 of the thread), where they'd invite musicians from disparate backgrounds and styles to jam together. From what I gather, it's been a hit for many years in the UK, and Jools still hosts it there.<br><br>