question to code hackers!?

Posted by: cesrivas

question to code hackers!? - 03/30/05 07:30 PM

I got a simple question....<br><br>how does application spash window (the images that appears when you start an app) works? it's just a timer to show the splash window or it's doing something? <br><br>----<br>:)
Posted by: SparkCollector

Re: question to code hackers!? - 03/31/05 01:22 AM

I don't know much about this stuff, but I can tell you that when Photoshop loads, on the splash screen you'll see a successive listing of items, like brushes, fonts, color profiles, etc. as they are are being checked and loaded into RAM.<br><br>Often, when somebody has a problem with Photoshop quitting during launch, the problem can often be traced when you read which was the last item listed on the splash screen before the application crashes.<br><br>That's all I got.<br><br>
Posted by: hayesk

Re: question to code hackers!? - 03/31/05 04:03 PM

It's up to you. You can put statuses of stuff loading in there, or just a title screen etc.<br><br>If you want it to go away after a while, just attach an timer to a modal window and when the timer runs out, have it call a method to close the window. There's sample code on the web that you'll probably be able to find to do what you want.<br><br><br>