Anyone going to MacWorld SF in January?

Posted by: MacGizmo

Anyone going to MacWorld SF in January? - 11/24/02 09:43 AM

I'm considering attending the SF show this coming January... gonna try to get a Keynote/Exhibit pass. Just wondering if anyone here is planning on going?<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: Giaguara

Re: Anyone going to MacWorld SF in January? - 11/24/02 10:06 AM

if i'll be living in US then .. and not too far from SF why not ... i saw Paris expo ... <br><br>Giaguara<br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Anyone going to MacWorld SF in January? - 11/24/02 10:14 AM

Dang, I wish. I think I could get the time off but hubby can't and I don't travel alone. My niece would go, but she just got hired with me in my department and starts Dec. 2 so she can't get time off. I am going to try to make it sometime in the next few years.<br><br>"I sometimes wonder if the manufacturers of foolproof items keep a fool or two on their payroll to test things." - Alan Coren
Posted by: iRock

Re: Anyone going to MacWorld SF in January? - 11/24/02 10:23 AM

Wow, did you see Biggerfoot's post over at MC? Woz will be there.<br>Here's the link he provided.<br>http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1103-966648.html<br>I love the Woz! Check out the dorks on the talkback.<br><br>"I sometimes wonder if the manufacturers of foolproof items keep a fool or two on their payroll to test things." - Alan Coren
Posted by: carp

Re: Anyone going to MacWorld SF in January? - 11/24/02 12:57 PM

Thats certainly to far for me but there is a Apple store coming here and thats great.<br><br>Check out the movie from MWNY in the link that iRoc provided it was nicely done.<br><br>

Re: Anyone going to MacWorld SF in January? - 11/24/02 03:15 PM

Yeah... I saw the thread.<br><br>I've been trying to go for years, but something always comes up. I'm going to make a real effort to go this time.<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: walzuhair

Re: Anyone going to MacWorld SF in January? - 11/24/02 03:31 PM

I wish I can... Airplane ticket alone is over $2000. <br><br>I attended the 1991 and 1992 events and they were both great. You can save some $$$ with early registration. Take your camera with you, and document all the action.<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Anyone going to MacWorld SF in January? - 11/24/02 03:43 PM

nope...too far and too much $$<br><br>
Posted by: lesh

Re: Anyone going to MacWorld SF in January? - 11/24/02 04:00 PM

Not going to make it to SF - saving my pennies for MWNY 2003. <br><br>[color:red]If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?</font color=red><br>

Re: Anyone going to MacWorld SF in January? - 11/24/02 04:27 PM

Ummmmm.... not sure if there will even be a NY expo next year<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: lesh

Re: Anyone going to MacWorld SF in January? - 11/24/02 04:52 PM

Well then I'll just have all those saved pennies to spend on something else.<br><br>[color:red]If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?</font color=red><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Anyone going to MacWorld SF in January? - 11/24/02 05:11 PM

Well, I'll be at MWNY even if there's not going to be one. So maybe we can have a non-MWNY get-together?<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: RubenC

Re: Anyone going to MacWorld SF in January? - 11/24/02 10:02 PM

Probably not, after the holidays our funds will be low, but you never know.<br><br>[color:blue]If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door. - Milton Berle</font color=blue>