Back from the Apple store

Posted by: carp

Back from the Apple store - 03/20/05 04:57 PM

Set up was far to easy - Humm ??<br>Maybe since I had the store install the Ram and iWorks, I had no set up promps ?<br>Anyway I need to slap my head - I have no extra FW cables to transfer the files from the 350. DuH. Gonna need to buy that next I guess - then If I had an extra Either net cable I could go that way ?<br><br>Sorry no photos, Jaz went hiking today and snagged the camera<br><br>I got the 1.2 Mac Mini with the 512 extra ram and also bought iWorks plus the Apple Extended Care - spent an extra 100 bucks more then I wanted too.<br><br>The odessesy;<br>Since the Apple Store is a 52 mile round trip I needed to get some gas - I went into the store and paid for the gas cash. Then promply walked back to my car and drove off without pumping the gas ! <--bone head. As soon as I hit the main street the gas light went on "shiiiit" I forgot the gas. I then drove around a few blocks and a waited at a couple of Stop Lights to get back to the gas station to pump #4. Luckly the pump still said prepaid, Phew !!<br><br>As I paid for the Mini while standing in a long line before me, there was iPods and Mac Minis were going out the door - the stores are a good move for Apple. Plus hot MacBabes everywhere, since the Ram installtion was gonna take or they told me 2 hours I went down to the Cove Bar for a few while I waited.<br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Back from the Apple store - 03/20/05 05:14 PM

Congratulations Steve. Looks like fun. We will be waiting to see your set up. I looked at firewire cables in the store and still didn't think of buying them. It is a lot faster. I found one at Staples. My ethernet port was out on my laptop so I didn't have that luxury. It was wifi or firewire. Good luck and have a great time. <br><br>
Posted by: Mactico

Re: Back from the Apple store - 03/20/05 05:18 PM

Congratulations Steve enjoy your new computer, don't forget to update via Software Update CP the iWorks modules. Last sunday I went to the local Apple Store and they have plenty of Mac Minis. BTW what monitor you are going to use with the MM.<br><br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Back from the Apple store - 03/20/05 05:19 PM

Congrats! <br><br>52 miles one way? I didn't realize that it was that far away from you.<br><br>

Re: Back from the Apple store - 03/20/05 05:30 PM

German<br><br>the monitor is a 19 inch View Sonic A90f+ Unltra Bright crt - I love it<br><br>I plan to run the update thangy after a few days - make sure this pup runs on what was given her. I had pant loads of corrupted files downloaded over the net, seems as the larger files are, the greater the chance of corruption while transfering.<br><br>

Re: Back from the Apple store - 03/20/05 05:32 PM

John its 52 miles round trip - through the city which is a big pain<br><br>
Posted by: Topper

Re: Back from the Apple store - 03/20/05 08:34 PM

Congratulations on the Mini.<br>MacBabes in Hawaii. I can just picture them. I am daydreaming about them as I type.<br><br>
Posted by: skuldugary

Re: Back from the Apple store - 03/20/05 09:26 PM

Let me know you your Mini works for you. When I set mine up, it prompted me to firewire connect to my laptop to transfer everything over. I'm wondering if that was a good idea, because I get a lot of lock ups. Mostly with Firefox and Safari, but every now and then other apps will lock up the computer and I have to reboot often.<br><br>

Re: Back from the Apple store - 03/20/05 10:00 PM

I used my iMac for almost a week before I ran the target disk mode and it has been fine. Maybe if he waits he will be OK. Sorry to hear you are having issues Skul.<br><br>
Posted by: Pete

Re: Back from the Apple store - 03/21/05 06:57 AM

Ladies and gentlemen, carp has finally entered the 21st century...<br><br>[color:red]5.19.05 - The 'Jedi Slaughter' tour begins!</font color=red>

Re: Back from the Apple store - 03/21/05 07:19 PM

Right Shelie I will wait a week before the target mode, all I want is the iTunes library to be transfered over, I will not transfer any apps. The 2 Macs will be netted together so I can go in and grab what files I might need in the future.<br><br>Apps wise assuming that I can download a freash copy and just enter the key code to unlock ?<br><br>
Posted by: G4Dualie

Re: Back from the Apple store - 03/21/05 09:17 PM

Hey good deal, Carp. Happy computing.<br><br>So the Apple store is at Ala Moana, huh? Must be if you were at the Cove Bar. I sure miss hawaii.<br><br>

Re: Back from the Apple store - 03/21/05 09:45 PM

Yep G4 the store is at Ala Moana.<br>And from reports from various coherts the store is always busy, no matter what day of the week or what time of the day - good sign I guess ?<br><br>Yeah the Cove Bar is located at the food court in Ala Moana - I would have rather gone to Gorden Biersh but that would have meant a drive down the street, I am so lazy <br><br>

Re: Back from the Apple store - 03/21/05 11:22 PM

A fresh copy is probably always best anyway.<br><br>