Las Vegas' McCarren Airport

Posted by: Trog

Las Vegas' McCarren Airport - 03/12/05 09:02 AM

How pleasantly surprising it is to find free WiFi, no? It seems that most airports I fly through make you pay to use their wireless services. What other airports do you know that offer it for free?<br><br>To quote a line from the classic movie 'Swingers'.... Vegas, baby.<br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Las Vegas' McCarren Airport - 03/12/05 09:55 AM

Have you ever been to Ji-Wire?<br>They have scads of wireless locations listed and they tell whether they are paid or free and if subscription based it tells you the carrier.<br><br>
Posted by: Morom

Re: Las Vegas' McCarren Airport - 03/12/05 02:44 PM

One trick I found out at LAX was that if you go te smoking lounge in the United airlines terminal, you can hitch a connection on the free access that is provided to Continental's "Big Wig" club, or whatever it's called. Granted you have to deal with the smokers, but since the lounge is actually open-air to just over-looking the tarmac, it's actually not too bad at all<br><br>----<br>Stupidity is like nuclear power. It can be used for good or evil.... and you don't want to get any on you.
Posted by: Trog

Re: Las Vegas' McCarren Airport - 03/13/05 06:19 AM

Cool site, thanks.<br><br><br>I don't know, Morom. Free Wifi while inhaling second-hand smoke? I think I'd prefer pop-ups and banner ads as the sacrifice. <br><br>