Correct me if I'm wrong...

Posted by: Bryan

Correct me if I'm wrong... - 03/11/05 03:27 PM

....regarding what happened in Atlanta today..isn't this why prison guards don't carry guns?<br><br>Story<br><br>
Posted by:

Re: Correct me if I'm wrong... - 03/11/05 03:30 PM

I'll tell you the problem:<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>...apparently struggled with the deputy for the gun and overpowered [color:red]her</font color=red>, police said.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Man, I'm gonna catch hell for this!<br><br>

Re: Correct me if I'm wrong... - 03/11/05 03:33 PM

I caught that too. It's a mistake to have female deputies move prisoners. You need your biggest, baddest, meanest black dude deputy to do that. <br><br>Hopefully, they catch this guy and there's a shoot-out, so they can execute him on the spot. <br><br>
Posted by: Llewelyn

Re: Correct me if I'm wrong... - 03/11/05 04:00 PM

What I don't get is, what's with the Allegedly shot?<br><br>Nobody saw him do it? His identity hasn't been confirmed yet? There was a snipper outside the building taking pot shots that happened to help him escape?<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Llewelyn on 03/11/05 07:00 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Correct me if I'm wrong... - 03/11/05 04:00 PM

Man or woman, it would have happened anyway if the deputy was not alert...which is what more than likely happened there. <br><br>We don't know (yet) when he was unhandcuffed. <br><br>He also beat a male reporter. <br><br>This guy wanted to get away. The lapse in judgement by the deputy is serious, but it doesn't matter if it was a guy or girl. I know some female officers that perform their duties as good as the guys.<br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: Correct me if I'm wrong... - 03/11/05 04:05 PM

Welcome to American juris-prudence. <br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: Correct me if I'm wrong... - 03/11/05 04:06 PM

Between this and the judge in Chicago, I worry about sross. <br><br>

Re: Correct me if I'm wrong... - 03/11/05 04:08 PM

Yeah...no kidding. Time to pack some heat, Sherman!<br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: Correct me if I'm wrong... - 03/11/05 04:20 PM

black dude?<br><br>
Posted by:

Re: Correct me if I'm wrong... - 03/11/05 06:12 PM

No. Wrong. She should've been back at the station cleaning and making dinner for the real officers. <br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Correct me if I'm wrong... - 03/11/05 06:43 PM

Uh Sam she said she was headed over to your place to do some cleaning... mentioned something about your clock? Or maybe it was wax or polish something.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: sross

Re: Correct me if I'm wrong... - 03/11/05 06:53 PM

Thanks, you guys.<br>Unfortunately, it may become an occupational hazard. For the most part, the defendants understand the roles of the various people in the courtroom and just want a fair shake. <br>That slug in Atlanta was making an escape and apparently there was a lapse in judgement by his handler.<br>Fortunately, my "crew" is highly skilled and very professional. At home, our neighborhood has a patrol consisting of off-duty officers and the response time is less than one minute. <br>I don't want to think that these events are the start of a trend, however. *crosses fingers and gazes skyward*<br><br>
Posted by: Topper

Re: Correct me if I'm wrong... - 03/11/05 07:08 PM

OMG, Shelli, I've got to stop reading your posts just before I go to bed.<br><br>
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: Correct me if I'm wrong... - 03/11/05 09:38 PM

Former Fulton County Sheriff Jackie Barrett left office in disgrace last year after mismanaging department funds. Her performance during her 11 years in office may have contributed to the lax security procedures that led to the murders. My guess is, more than one person within the department has tried to bring this dangerous situation to superiors' attention over the years without success. It's a shame something like this has to happen before people wake up. <br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Correct me if I'm wrong... - 03/11/05 10:15 PM

Yes Mike it is a shame.<br>I'm glad to know you are aware that your security is good Sherm. We wouldn't want anything to happen to you.<br><br>Sorry Clark, I hope you are not too excited over that lovely vision to sleep.<br><br>