In Memory of Jason Dillon

Posted by: greenme1

In Memory of Jason Dillon - 11/21/02 07:53 PM

In memory:<br>Jason Dillon<br>1984-2002<br><br> Earlier tonight i was informed by my friend's mother that my good friend Jason had committed suicide by hanging himself in his apartment. He was 18 and left behind his girlfriend and his 1 1/2 year old son felix. he was a great guitar player in our band and a great friend to me. He had just moved from Michigan to Pittsburgh with his girlfriend so she could take classes at the Culinary Art School of Pittsburgh and had little connections in pittsburgh other than myself and my friend leigh. It is a horrible tragedy to myself, Leigh, his son and all who cared about him and he will be greatly missed.<br><br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: In Memory of Jason Dillon - 11/21/02 07:56 PM

wow..sorry to hear that. Sad to hear that someone so young can take their own life when they have so much to go!!<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: In Memory of Jason Dillon - 11/21/02 08:00 PM

Horrible, greenme. I am so sorry for him, his girlfriend, his son, you.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: In Memory of Jason Dillon - 11/21/02 08:02 PM

I still don't think i believe it, it may be days before i do because it just doesn't make sense to me yet.<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: In Memory of Jason Dillon - 11/21/02 08:06 PM

Talk it out, though, greenme. At home, with friends, here, wherever.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: In Memory of Jason Dillon - 11/21/02 08:10 PM

Yeah, this isn't the first time i have lost someone close, my grandfather died in 1999 when i was 13 so it is a strangely similar experience now.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: In Memory of Jason Dillon - 11/21/02 08:17 PM

Speaking from experience, it's not easy, and doesn't get easier as time goes by. Nothing anyone can say will make it any easier, all you can do is think about the good thoughts you have about the person... my condolences.<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!

Re: In Memory of Jason Dillon - 11/21/02 08:22 PM

Yeah. Thank you for your condolences.<br><br><br>
Posted by: Mcteak

Re: In Memory of Jason Dillon - 11/21/02 08:36 PM

I am so sorry...you, your friends and family are in my prayers. I understand how you may feel, I lost my Dad this summer. Talk about it, share and yes it's alright to hurt. As someone said, time will heal all............<br><br><br>"The day people stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them." Colin Powell
Posted by: iRock

Re: In Memory of Jason Dillon - 11/21/02 09:22 PM

Wow, really sorry, it sounds like you will miss him. My heart goes out to you all.<br><br>The golden moments in the stream of life rush past us and we see nothing but sand; the angels come to visit us, and we only know them when they are gone.<br><br>George Eliot<br><br>"I sometimes wonder if the manufacturers of foolproof items keep a fool or two on their payroll to test things." - Alan Coren
Posted by: Krasni

Re: In Memory of Jason Dillon - 11/22/02 12:29 AM

Sorry to hear the bad news. My condolences.<br><br>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: In Memory of Jason Dillon - 11/22/02 02:13 AM

I'm so sorry to hear that terrible news. So young...<br><br>Please accept my condolences.<br><br>
Posted by: walzuhair

Re: In Memory of Jason Dillon - 11/22/02 02:15 AM

Iím sorry to hear that, please accept my sincere sympathies.<br><br>Do you remember if he was depressed in his last few days, or having something troubling him? I know that having to be responsible for a child at such a young age, would have itís financial burdens to say the least.<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: In Memory of Jason Dillon - 11/22/02 04:25 AM

My sympathies on your friend's suicide, what a waste of a young life. That's a tough one to deal with. Any indications that he was troubled? <br><br>

Re: In Memory of Jason Dillon - 11/22/02 08:21 AM

He has had a very tough life since his early teens, he had been homeless for a few years, then got a job and girl friend and moved to Pittsburgh recently. About a month after he got here he found a job at a dinner and worked 50-60 hr. a week to support his son and girl friend's schooling. About two months ago his girl friend cheated on him and was depressed for weeks but finally got back together for Felix (their son), and as far as i know he had been much better. he had much to look forward to, our band was doing good, his job was pretty easy and he loved his son and was a great father. So his suicide now is a bit of a mystery to me but he has had it hard. I did not read either of the two notes he left, one for his son and one for his girl friend, but i was told that they said something along the lines of "I'm sorry".<br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: In Memory of Jason Dillon - 11/22/02 09:08 AM

Wow. Poor Felix, will his mother be able to take care of him?<br><br>
Posted by: RubenC

Re: In Memory of Jason Dillon - 11/22/02 09:49 AM

My sincere condolences, it can be a shock when you don't even see it coming. I know, I lost my mother earlier this year and that was hard. Keep the good memories, time will help to heal.<br><br>[color:blue]If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door. - Milton Berle</font color=blue>

Re: In Memory of Jason Dillon - 11/22/02 12:58 PM

I have no idea, she already went back to her family in Detroit so they should be able to help.<br><br>