Browser argggh??

Posted by: Giaguara

Browser argggh?? - 11/21/02 06:25 PM

Ok. <br><br>Apprx. 43 % in mac. 2 % linux, 1 % other and rest windows.<br><br>of browsers.. 22 % are ntscape plus its derivates. <br>rest IE (majority, 74%), opera (2 %) and konqueror icab etc very little.<br><br><br>do i have to see that on the way 99 % of pcists use IE ???<br><br>and 50 % of macs netscape derivates??<br><br><br>i'm confused.<br><br><br>so. what do u use??? <br><br><br>comparison of normal site: 5 % mac, 4 % netscape derivates.<br><br><br>i use 80-90 of time chimera. 2 % omniweb and maybe 10-20 % IE.<br><br>and you???<br><br><br><br>Giaguara<br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Browser argggh?? - 11/21/02 07:17 PM

<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: lesh

Re: Browser argggh?? - 11/21/02 07:38 PM

MGiAR<br><br>[color:red]If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?</font color=red><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Browser argggh?? - 11/21/02 07:43 PM

what is MGiAR?<br><br>and I agree with Gizmo..I haven't the slightest clue as to what that means...<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Browser argggh?? - 11/21/02 07:44 PM

MacGizmo is Absolutely Right <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Browser argggh?? - 11/21/02 07:45 PM

gotcha..thanks! <br><br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: Browser argggh?? - 11/21/02 08:06 PM

Giz...you know she is reading the statistics of who visits her web site, which she gets from her counter.<br><br>

Re: Browser argggh?? - 11/21/02 08:10 PM

No... I didn't know that... those stats are not always accurate. Especially when dealing with the Mac platform. Most Mac browsers can be "spoofed" to show up to web servers as another browser and even another platform.<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!

Re: Browser argggh?? - 11/21/02 08:17 PM

i know they are not accurate. but approx that relation, with those two sites. in 50 000 / 12 000 cliks ends more or less to that relation.<br><br>what i wanted to know... is WHAT BROWSER DO YOU PREFER??????????<br><br>my theory= most prefer a netscape bsed browser in mac. (and IE in win)<br><br><br><br>Giaguara<br>
Posted by: greenme1

Re: Browser argggh?? - 11/21/02 08:20 PM

Chimera<br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: Browser argggh?? - 11/21/02 08:25 PM

My experience is that a lot of the 9 users go with Netscape...<br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>

Re: Browser argggh?? - 11/21/02 08:29 PM

i start to believe it really is 90!!!<br><br>but ... why 42 - 45 % mac site has only 22 % in netscape derivates??? strange<br><br>Giaguara<br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: Browser argggh?? - 11/21/02 08:32 PM

How long have you been keeping track of the stats, by the way?<br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: Browser argggh?? - 11/21/02 08:45 PM

I use IE and I like it. I have tried the others and always switch back to IE.<br>I was just checking the stats for my Beach cottage site, and was amazed at all the Mac visitors lately. Then I realized by looking at the stats that 11 were from MacMinute...hehehe.<br>I forgot that I had put the site in as my homepage.<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Browser argggh?? - 11/21/02 08:55 PM

I've visited your Beach Cottage site, Lori. We usually go to the Jersey shore, but have toyed with going up to New England because my wife's family is all up there (one sister in Florida). It looks very nice!<br><br>I use IE, by the way.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Browser argggh?? - 11/21/02 09:12 PM

i have tried 3 or 4 different ones. the most exacts since june. <br><br>i used to have 3 - 4 % macs in the beginning so rising that to 43 % = 16 000 is maybe not bad... wink compared to the other ... <br><br>Giaguara<br>
Posted by: Krasni

Re: Browser argggh?? - 11/22/02 12:26 AM

I use IE.<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Browser argggh?? - 11/22/02 04:32 AM

With OS X:<br><br>Mozilla, then Chimera, then OW, as a last resort IE. <br><br>When I have to use a PC (work):<br><br>IE 6, then Netscape 7.<br><br>

Re: Browser argggh?? - 11/22/02 06:20 AM

IE is the leading browser on both Windows & Mac... by FAR! It has been that way for years. However, with OSX's release came the opportunity to try new browsers. Netscape has made a significant impact in browser useage with their Mozilla project. They are now using the ghecko rendering engine (the basis of Mozilla, Netscape, Chimera, Phoenix and other browsers based on Mozilla code) in the AOL software, which means there will be hundreds of thousands of new Netscape/Mozilla users out there in short time.<br><br>Overall, I think Netscape will show signs of competition to IE again... but it will take time. Mozilla, Chimera & Netscape7 are gaining a lot of loyal users because of the browsers stability and standards compliance.<br><br>OmniWeb got off to a great start last year, they got quite a few people excited about it. But it has completely fizzled off. They have taken way too long to fix the huge bugs with the app and most people have lost interest and moved to Mozilla/NS or back to IE. It's too bad really, because OW was a great browser with potential - maybe sometime next year they will release a browser that people can actually use full time that works with javascript, CSS support and is less crash-prone than the current version.<br><br>As for me, I have been using Chimera exclusively for the past month or so and love it. I'm so glad Mike convinced me to give it another shot. Prior to that I was using Netscape 7, but I never liked the fact that it had AIM, E-mail & Newsgroup functions bloating it down.<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!

Re: Browser argggh?? - 11/22/02 12:56 PM

i guess 95-98% of peeceeists use IE.<br><br>so 50% of macs are in netscape derivates?<br><br>a quick research... lets say 80-100 votes gives that 10 % prefer IE and the others chimera, omni and mozilla. = 90%. but i guess not all mac users are young or follow what's trendy.. or if they have 9 or 8 of cos it0s different...<br><br><br><br>Giaguara<br>
Posted by: RubenC

Re: Browser argggh?? - 11/22/02 01:39 PM

At work we're running OS 9 so it's IE. At home I'm running Chimera under OS X now (it's faster than IE) but still have IE as a back up.<br><br>[color:blue]If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door. - Milton Berle</font color=blue>