Sunrise at my house

Posted by: MacGizmo

Sunrise at my house - 11/20/02 06:17 AM

Woke up this morning to a beautiful sunrise - lots of color! Across the street I noticed a really bright street light... upon a closer look, I realized that the moon was still in the sky just above the sun... sorry the pic is blurry, I was using the zoom feature on my "el-cheapo" 2 megapixel camera... but you get the idea.<br><br><br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Sunrise at my house - 11/20/02 06:42 AM

We saw the same sunrise here in Houston. Spectacular and beautiful colors. I am glad you took the picture. Now, if there was only a way to bottle it!<br>Thanks.<br><br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: Sunrise at my house - 11/20/02 06:45 AM

wow...beautiful! Look how the sunrise matches the tiles on your roof!<br><br>

Re: Sunrise at my house - 11/20/02 06:47 AM

You do know that those lightpoles in the background are really surveillance cameras, right?<br><br>Hey, nice shot BTW. How's the weather been there? Absolutely the most gorgeous November I can remember here in Southern California. Up in the 80's again today here and pretty much crystal clear skies.<br><br>

Re: Sunrise at my house - 11/20/02 06:52 AM

It's been very nice here as well... usually, it's a bit on the windy/chilly side by now, but for some reason, it's been up in the mid 70's here with just a slight breeze. Very odd, but very welcome!<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!

Re: Sunrise at my house - 11/20/02 07:03 AM

Oh yeah, cool in the place where you live is surely welcome. I know all about that 6 months of 100+ every day from when I lived in the Palm Springs area. <br><br>
Posted by: walzuhair

Re: Sunrise at my house - 11/20/02 07:45 AM

Beautiful shot, nice clean neighborhood.<br>I like the oil spills in the driveway too <br><br>

Re: Sunrise at my house - 11/20/02 09:34 AM

I was standing in my driveway when I took the photo... I have no oil spills! <br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: RubenC

Re: Sunrise at my house - 11/20/02 10:07 AM

Ohh...So that shot is not your house. Nice sunrise anyway.<br><br>[color:blue]All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then Success is sure - Mark Twain</font color=blue>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: Sunrise at my house - 11/21/02 12:50 AM

nice moon you have over there.<br><br>http://raszl.net
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Sunrise at my house - 11/21/02 02:35 AM

nice pic! I see some opportunities when I go to work and it is lightly raining..but always forget the camera!<br><br>

Re: Sunrise at my house - 11/21/02 06:17 AM

I really wish I could afford to get a 4 megapixel camera now... I took the cheap route earlier this year by getting a 2.1 MP camera for $199 (It was a real bargain at CompUSA) - works great in perfect light situations and in high-res mode, but using zoom or even medium res yields undesireable results.<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: iraszl

Re: Sunrise at my house - 11/21/02 06:57 AM

if you have a tripod you can make perfect pitures even with your camera. a high res camera wouldn't have made a better picture.<br><br>http://raszl.net

Re: Sunrise at my house - 11/21/02 07:28 AM

A tripod will do absolutely nothing to improve the quality of the pictures other than to make sure that there is no motion-blur. The problem with the photo I took is that it is only a 2MP camera so the resolution isn't that high - then I used a digital zoom (since my camera doesn't have an optical zoom at all) which artificially enhances the zoom, which tends to add a lot of grain.<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: margadagio

Re: Sunrise at my house - 11/21/02 12:14 PM

Gorgeous pic. I always prefer sunrises over sunsets, no idea why.<br><br>