Good News for the Guy with Lots of Bucks

Posted by: yoyo52

Good News for the Guy with Lots of Bucks - 11/18/02 07:35 PM

Here's the scoop:<br><br>"The Segway electric scooter, which generated huge buzz as a secretive project code named "Ginger" before its unveiling a year ago, was offered for sale to the general public Monday. <br><br>The Segway, a two-wheeled scooter that travels up to 15 mph and is steered gyroscopically by the rider's shifting weight, is available only from Amazon.com and costs $4,950. Orders are being taken now for delivery in March."<br><br>I'm lining up right now to buy one. Actually, it'd be fun to ride on one. But at 5000 bucks, I think I'll pass.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Good News for the Guy with Lots of Bucks - 11/18/02 07:48 PM

Already ordered mine today.<br><br>Yeah, right. It would be interesting to ride that thing, but $5000 is too much.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Good News for the Guy with Lots of Bucks - 11/18/02 08:29 PM

Yeah... about $4200 too much!<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: Mactico

Re: Good News for the Guy with Lots of Bucks - 11/19/02 04:06 AM

I ordered the AirScooter, just $25.000.00<br><br><br> <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Mactico on 11/19/02 07:26 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: Krasni

Re: Good News for the Guy with Lots of Bucks - 11/19/02 04:33 AM

I've read it today. I'll really like to have one of these things but 5.000 is too much for me.<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Good News for the Guy with Lots of Bucks - 11/19/02 06:30 AM

These things will be just about as "innovative" and life changing as mopeds.<br><br>----<br>S3V3N<br>Washington, DC USA
Posted by: iraszl

Re: Good News for the Guy with Lots of Bucks - 11/19/02 06:42 AM

How come they are so expensive? Wonder how long till a chinese/taiwanese version for 500 USD comes out.<br><br>http://raszl.net