A look outside… (200k image)

Posted by: Optimus_George

A look outside… (200k image) - 02/04/05 10:37 AM

This would be insane...<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: SparkCollector

Re: A look outside… (200k image) - 02/04/05 10:43 AM

That's from that town in Sweden, right?<br><br>Geez...how would you even begin to know how to delicately<br>deal with something like that and not totally ruin your vehicle?<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: A look outside… (200k image) - 02/04/05 10:45 AM

Yeah, that would be bad.<br><br>We had something almost similar about 2 years ago. Lexington KY (where my brothers live) had a terrible ice storm. Bowed over trees and knocked out power for awhile.<br><br>But this...yuck!<br><br>
Posted by:

Re: A look outside… (200k image) - 02/04/05 11:00 AM

What's worse than that??? Imagine it not being ice. Ewwwwww.<br><br>

Re: A look outside… (200k image) - 02/04/05 11:03 AM

Were you over in my bathroom last night??? <br><br>
Posted by: drjohn

Re: A look outside… (200k image) - 02/04/05 11:05 AM

I've seen scenes similar to that along the lake in Chicago. The right combination of breaking waves and temperture creates it.<br><br>
Posted by: trey

Re: A look outside… (200k image) - 02/04/05 12:44 PM

Hmm, judging by the cars I'd say it wasn't Sweden.<br><br>Am I wrong George?<br><br>
Posted by: SparkCollector

Re: A look outside… (200k image) - 02/04/05 12:52 PM

The reason I guessed it might have been Sweden is because I saw a very similar lakeside photo the other day that was taken in some Swedish town.<br><br>I've looked, and can't seem to find the page where I saw it.<br><br>
Posted by: trey

Re: A look outside… (200k image) - 02/04/05 01:49 PM

Yeah, I'm not positive. It's just that that car behind the Jeep (or whatever it is) looks like an American sports car.<br><br>I know that when I was in Denmark I didn't see any American cars at all.<br><br>I would like to know just where that is, though.<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: A look outside… (200k image) - 02/05/05 01:11 AM

wow thats absolutely surreal looking.. i had to do a double take.<br><br><br><br>--<br>Fight for Innovation.<br>http://cultofmac.blogspot.com
Posted by: iRock

Re: A look outside… (200k image) - 02/05/05 01:36 AM

SUV could be an American one. The file name is geneve. It is so cool I am going to use it for a desktop.<br><br>

Re: A look outside… (200k image) - 02/05/05 07:04 AM

It's from Finland.<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: A look outside… (200k image) - 02/05/05 12:14 PM

It's my desktop too !<br><br>--<br>Fight for Innovation.<br>http://cultofmac.blogspot.com

Re: A look outside… (200k image) - 05/31/05 10:12 PM

Look what I ran across in my travels around the web. Links to more pictures of this storm.<br><br>I found it here first.<br><br>Then more pics on the link from there.<br><br>
Posted by: Beniitec

Re: A look outside… (200k image) - 06/01/05 02:53 AM

I think it was 1996, but I was in the midst of an ice storm in Spokane, WA. I was at a friend's house fixing his PC and heard the freezing rain outside... We drank warm tea and everything was swell. After about 2 hours it was dark outside and I decided to go out and WOW it was all ice. I can't find any images online... but there was at least 2 inches of THICK ice on one side of my car. I couldn't open the door on that side of the car!<br><br>The images you show reminds me of that storm...I also found this one <br><br>

Re: A look outside… (200k image) - 06/01/05 06:07 AM

We have had silver thaws but nothing that bad. Brrr.<br><br>
Posted by: skuldugary

Re: A look outside… (200k image) - 06/01/05 06:41 AM

Wow! Man, I know how that is. I live in Los Angeles and it was just on the edge of 68 degrees. I wasn't sure I'd make it from the front door to my car before hypothermia kicked in.<br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: A look outside… (200k image) - 06/01/05 09:23 AM

I checked out some of the other stuff there. Most of it we've seen before, but I liked this one.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: A look outside… (200k image) - 06/01/05 08:44 PM

Very interesting seems the ice was only in a 8 to 10 foot height anything above that had no ice. Plus only about a 30 foot reach.<br><br>Example the buildings had no ice and the boats in the marina on the side that is away from the open lake also had no ice ? humm.<br><br>