Windows? sorry.. I ain't gonna show you nuthin' ..

Posted by: Giaguara

Windows? sorry.. I ain't gonna show you nuthin' .. - 11/17/02 05:12 PM

I need a script to use in html.<br><br>In some pages i don't really want to have any morewindows users. So .... <br><br>i need a script that allows me to show NOTHING to the windows users ( or maybe "get a computer" text but nothing else)... = ANY OTHER OS (incl. linux, beos, irix, aix etc) YES.<br><br>maybe when the "other" OS is seen = > a redirect to somewhere else??<br><br><br>Anyone want to help me find a script for that? I had a php script but the server i'll host those pages does not allow php.. <br><br><br><br><br><br>Giaguara<br>
Posted by: hayesk

Re: Windows? sorry.. I ain't gonna show you nuthin - 11/17/02 05:45 PM

You need to figure out what CGI system your provider does allow. <br><br>HTML itself has no brains, it's static. You need some sort of system like PHP, perl, or whatever, that generates the HTML based on browser parameters like browser platform.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Windows? sorry.. I ain't gonna show you nuthin - 11/17/02 05:53 PM

If you use GoLive, there are built in scripts that can assist you with this, I'm sure Dreamweaver has it as well. You can also check adobe action xchange for more scripts.<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: JonnyCat

Re: Windows? sorry.. I ain't gonna show you nuthin - 11/17/02 06:05 PM

use Google to search for browser redirect javascript<br><br>and you'll find plenty of samples and articles on how to detect which browser the client is using and redirect them to another page (or in your case redirect to a blank page)<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: Windows? sorry.. I ain't gonna show you nuthin - 11/17/02 06:33 PM

you could try a javascript<br>go to javascript.com and do a search<br><br>try this script<br><br>you can redirect windows users to a blank pageor whatever page you set up.<br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: Windows? sorry.. I ain't gonna show you nuthin - 11/17/02 08:54 PM

Wow, now that's just plain mean...<br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>

Re: Windows? sorry.. I ain't gonna show you nuthin - 11/18/02 02:39 AM

no it's NOOOOOT mean!!<br><br>it's right!! now don't tell me you haven't ever felt discriminated by using a mac?? like seeing webpages that don't work with chimera etc...<br><br>= revenge.. <br><br>:)<br><br>Giaguara<br>

Re: Windows? sorry.. I ain't gonna show you nuthin - 11/18/02 02:42 AM

thanx Lori!!!<br><br>I'll try that a bit modified...<br>when i'll have the new version by around next week.. wink !!!<br><br>Should i forward the windows users to apple.com??<br><br><br>Giaguara<br>

Re: Windows? sorry.. I ain't gonna show you nuthin - 11/18/02 07:00 AM

But you're stooping to their level.<br><br>And after all, some Mac users are forced to use a Windows machine at their place of business, so you'd be cutting those people off when they might have the time to browse your site...<br><br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>

Re: Windows? sorry.. I ain't gonna show you nuthin - 11/18/02 11:24 AM

they can install beos and linux on their peecee ...<br><br>i just feel nasty sometimes. simple... :)<br><br><br><br>Giaguara<br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Windows? sorry.. I ain't gonna show you nuthin - 11/18/02 11:31 AM

Mac at home...PC in the office here. It happens. <br><br>----<br>S3V3N<br>Washington, DC USA

Re: Windows? sorry.. I ain't gonna show you nuthin - 11/18/02 11:40 AM

Oh no, that's not TOO much trouble..<br><br>Let me just go ask my IT guy if it would be okay if I installed Linux on my PC here at work...<br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>

Re: Windows? sorry.. I ain't gonna show you nuthin - 11/18/02 01:49 PM

install BeOS ... it's light and kewl and u dont even need to partition your hd for that :)<br><br>nah.. just an anti-windows day... <br><br>Giaguara<br>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: Windows? sorry.. I ain't gonna show you nuthin - 11/19/02 06:34 AM

Be compassionate to poor PC users, they have not yet seen the light!<br><br>http://raszl.net

Re: Windows? sorry.. I ain't gonna show you nuthin - 11/19/02 10:28 AM

Yea i am...<br><br>i was wondering why the mac visitors had gone down to 42 % ... then i saw weird.. well.. wired links from wired and headlines of the yahoo news page (japan) and i guess that explains it...<br><br>i could do it, copuldn't i?? now that i am OFFICIALLY a mac fetishist ... *still shocked* ...<br><br><br><br>Giaguara<br>

Re: Windows? sorry.. I ain't gonna show you nuthin - 11/19/02 10:42 AM

Is it 'weird' or 'wired'- are they links from Wired.com?<br><br>I'm confused...<br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>

Re: Windows? sorry.. I ain't gonna show you nuthin - 11/19/02 11:03 AM

wired. yes. <br><br>wired, different versions of wired (e.g. japanese) and lycos and even yahoo news main page of japan. huh. :O<br><br><br><br>Giaguara<br>

Re: Windows? sorry.. I ain't gonna show you nuthin - 11/19/02 11:36 AM

So these japanese sites are linking to yours? How- through a banner?<br><br>How would they get to your site without them at least telling you that they were linking to you? I'd make the effort to contact the people who run those sites and find out how exactly people are clicking-through to your address...<br><br>They really should have gotten permission, if they're worth their salt that is...<br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>

Re: Windows? sorry.. I ain't gonna show you nuthin - 11/19/02 12:51 PM

i see from my statistics service the reference. so that's actually how i've discovered a lot of cool links.<br>but it gives me max 1000 reference sources a day - today i broke that 1000 limit at 2.30 pm!! huh. so i guess i hit 2000 a day .. woh :O<br><br><a href="http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20021119-00000002-wir-sci">The japan yahoo headlines</a> and around 5 other similar ones .. huh!! <br><br><br><br>Giaguara<br>

Re: Windows? sorry.. I ain't gonna show you nuthin - 11/19/02 01:34 PM

So which link is yours? <br><br>And why does Japanese always translate into thousands of little question marks when viewed on a non-Japanese enabled browser?<br><br><br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>

Re: Windows? sorry.. I ain't gonna show you nuthin - 11/19/02 03:00 PM

the one that links to my site of course. :)<br><br>well. wired makes me feel very ... wired. on the fetishist thing there is somewhere a link to my site .. aaaand .. well not just the normal wired but plenty of japanese wired versions.. and i noticed the spanish and portuguese wireds have it as well. my counters go nuts when i hit 1000 a day.. huh!! <br><br>how can't u see the japanese letters? are you on a peecee or something?? i see them both on chimera and Ie. (hint: just look on the links. i don't speak anymore japanese than you do.)<br><br><br><br>Giaguara<br>
Posted by: greenme1

Re: Windows? sorry.. I ain't gonna show you nuthin - 11/20/02 02:59 PM

You need to have the japanese fonts to veiw them, i can see them but i have installed all of the international files with OS X and downloaded fonts for japanese. without that you can't see them, it ends up looking like sqaures and such kinda like this: <br><br><br>&#63743;&#733;&#733;Έ&#63743;Ψ&#733;&#733;"Pƨƨϴ&#711;drtyu&#8710;&#8710;&#729;&#729;&#729;&#729;l <br><br> <br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Windows? sorry.. I ain't gonna show you nuthin - 11/20/02 03:40 PM

To view a Japanese web site you will need to go to Yahoo and find the (Japanese converter) it is a plug in for your browser ---I have not looked for it so I don't have a link for ya. It is there at Yahoo somewhere<br><br>

Re: Windows? sorry.. I ain't gonna show you nuthin - 11/20/02 04:34 PM

hey i see japanese and i have as i know installed no plugins.. wired? (or wired?)<br><br>whatever. i decided to do a "todays links" section to the page = all the curious links i start to update them there! those were amongst those...<br><br><br><br>Giaguara<br>

Re: Windows? sorry.. I ain't gonna show you nuthin - 11/20/02 04:35 PM

... ok! now the forwarding thing should work = the windowers trying to see the tattoo will see only the kissmyapple logo.. :)<br><br>Giaguara<br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: Windows? sorry.. I ain't gonna show you nuthin - 11/20/02 04:41 PM

well I wish i could check it out and see how well it works, but alas, I only have a mac...hehehe<br><br>

Re: Windows? sorry.. I ain't gonna show you nuthin - 11/20/02 07:37 PM

well.. if they try to see the real tattoo page they get forwarded instead to /windows.html ... with a note that they wanted to see something with a wrong OS .. being *officially* a mac fetishist or something i'm then nasty enough to do that.. platform racism. any other system than Win* will show correctly ...<br><br><br><br>Giaguara<br>