Riddle Me This

Posted by: lesh

Riddle Me This - 11/15/02 09:09 AM

Let your brains chew on this:<br><br>Pronounced as one letter,<br>And written with three,<br>Two letters there are,<br>And two only in me.<br>I'm double, I'm single,<br>I'm black, blue, and gray,<br>I'm read from both ends,<br>And the same either way.<br>What am I?<br><br>[color:red]The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.</font color=red><br>
Posted by: walzuhair

Re: Riddle Me This - 11/15/02 09:18 AM

<h1>I</h1><br><br>

Re: Riddle Me This - 11/15/02 09:20 AM

Well...you're sort of close, but not quite right.<br><br>[color:red]The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.</font color=red><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: Riddle Me This - 11/15/02 09:20 AM

The letter 'W'?<br><br>The black, blue and grey part doesn't make sense, but it's all I got right now..<br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: Riddle Me This - 11/15/02 09:38 AM

eye?<br><br>
Posted by: MrsJonnyCat

Re: Riddle Me This - 11/15/02 09:50 AM

I'm thinking "mem" (I don't know how to get the accent above the "e" in on a discussion forum post) <br><br>Edit: Maybe I should say why, I'm thinking that: it was the first sign or symbol used to represent the consonant "m." It is spelled "mem" and it means "water" - I guess that is where the black, blue, and grey would come into the riddle? Hmm, just a guess.<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by MrsJonnyCat on 11/15/02 01:01 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: Riddle Me This - 11/15/02 10:07 AM

Yes , it is eye<br>Pronounced as one letter, ...... eye pronounced like I<br>And written with three, .......... e-y-e<br>Two letters there are, ........... e-y<br>And two only in me. ...................you have 2 eyes<br>I'm double, I'm single, ........... y is single, e is double<br>I'm black, blue, and gray, ....... eyes are these colors<br>I'm read from both ends,........ e-y-e <br>And the same either way. ...... same word read forwards and backwards<br>What am I?.......eye<br><br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Riddle Me This - 11/15/02 10:55 AM

Dang Lori your good.<br><br>

Re: Riddle Me This - 11/15/02 11:03 AM

Good work there, Lori!<br><br>Now that you're warmed up - try this one:<br><br>I never was, am always to be,<br>No one ever saw me, nor ever will,<br>And yet I am the confidence of all<br>To live and breathe on this terrestrial ball.<br>What am I?<br><br>[color:red]The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.</font color=red><br>

Re: Riddle Me This - 11/15/02 11:09 AM

This is going to take me some time.<br>I guess I will have to think about this tomorrow<br><br>
Posted by: Mcteak

Re: Riddle Me This - 11/15/02 11:11 AM

Please make it stop...the pain, my head hurts!<br><br>Too Easy!<br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Riddle Me This - 11/15/02 11:16 AM

air?<br><br>

Re: Riddle Me This - 11/15/02 11:34 AM

Okay Lori - but until tomorrow arrives, ponder this:<br><br>Sir, I bear a rhyme excelling<br>In mystic force and magic spelling<br>Celestial sprites eludicate<br>All my own striving can't relate<br><br>[color:red]The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.</font color=red><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Riddle Me This - 11/15/02 11:50 AM

My guess is "eye"<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Riddle Me This - 11/15/02 11:54 AM

Doh!... I didn't scroll down to read that you already posted the answer!<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!

Re: Riddle Me This - 11/15/02 11:55 AM

You know, this one is too hard for me. I have to go have a nice piece of pie to make myself feel better. I didn't make the pie with my own recipe, I needed help with the resources found on the web...hehehe<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Riddle Me This - 11/15/02 01:11 PM

Damn, Lori is good! got both of them...I wanna see her get this last one...<br><br>

Re: Riddle Me This - 11/15/02 01:15 PM

Piece of cake, huh Lori? <br><br>[color:red]The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.</font color=red><br>
Posted by: walzuhair

Re: Riddle Me This - 11/15/02 01:31 PM

A Legend?<br><br>

Re: Riddle Me This - 11/15/02 02:09 PM

No lesh...a piece of Pie<br><br>
Posted by: RubenC

Re: Riddle Me This - 11/15/02 02:10 PM

I missed it, did Lori get it? if not my answer is...conscious. I think?<br><br>[color:blue]All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then Success is sure - Mark Twain</font color=blue>

Re: Riddle Me This - 11/15/02 02:11 PM

Lori you are one wily MacBabe! <br><br>Sorry Waleed - that is incorrect.<br><br>[color:red]The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.</font color=red><br>
Posted by: RubenC

Re: Riddle Me This - 11/15/02 02:11 PM

Doh!! I just saw your answer Lori.<br><br>[color:blue]All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then Success is sure - Mark Twain</font color=blue>
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: Riddle Me This - 11/15/02 02:52 PM

"ewe"<br><br>;-D<br><br>***matt<br><br>