SO, who got how much snow?

Posted by: steveg

SO, who got how much snow? - 01/23/05 06:44 AM

Spoke to my brother-in-law this AM in Mansfield, MA. Says they have close to 3 ft. and it's still snowing. Waiting to hear from a friend in NYC to see how they fared. And the coldest temps of the season are expected here tonight s'posed to be in the low 30's by Monday AM! <br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: SO, who got how much snow? - 01/23/05 06:46 AM

No snow here <br><br>
Posted by: Topper

Re: SO, who got how much snow? - 01/23/05 07:04 AM

Funny part is I am not sure.<br>My guess is two feet so far.<br>May get up to 8 inches in the next two hours.<br>The snow is expected to end around 6p.m. so plenty more snow still to come.<br>The wind is gusting 50 to 60 mph so I can't tell what is snow and what is snowing being thrown around by winds.<br>When it is all said and done this will probably be a recording breaking storm with some areas getting 40 inches. <br><br>That wind is howling.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by:

Re: SO, who got how much snow? - 01/23/05 07:09 AM

6" of snow here.<br><br>
Posted by: mojo_jojo

Re: SO, who got how much snow? - 01/23/05 07:38 AM

We got our share of it late yesterday and over night. It's over and the sun is now out.<br><br>I had to snow blow the driveway last night and again this morning. All told my guesstimate is that we received about 18" of snow. <br><br>The temps have actually warmed a bit. The last two days we have been below 0. And with the winds yesterday it felt a helluva lot colder than that. But right now with the sun out to warm things up it is a balmy 2 degrees. <br><br>

Re: SO, who got how much snow? - 01/23/05 08:25 AM

Yowsa! Haven't seen a storm like that since '92. Huge nor' easter in November that came outta nowhere. We had just moved into a newly-built house in Franklin, MA a few weeks earlier. Over 3 ft of snow, no power for 2 days, and I'm trying to get very green wood to burn in the fireplace. After that winter, I bought a big Toro snow-blower, and you better believe I kept the firewood piled high and dry from then on.<br><br>

Re: SO, who got how much snow? - 01/23/05 08:55 AM

30 degrees in Florida...Is that record?<br><br>They think this snowstorm will go in the record books as the biggest (most snow accumlation) snowstorm in MA history.<br>I was smart enough to buy a big snow thrower last year.<br>And I have plenty of wood and a Coleman dual mantel lantern.<br><br>Get this one... Nantucket has 70 mile per hour winds and they have no power.<br>You only need 74 mph winds to have a hurricane strength storm.<br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: SO, who got how much snow? - 01/23/05 09:00 AM

This is very much like the movie...Day After Tomorrow.<br><br>Cold but no snow, yet<br><br>

Re: SO, who got how much snow? - 01/23/05 09:01 AM

Dunno if this will be a record cold in Fla, and in my area it may be closer to upper 30's or low 40's. But it's a hoot watching the media coverage here. <br><br>

Re: SO, who got how much snow? - 01/23/05 09:03 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> This is very much like the movie...Day After Tomorrow<p><hr></blockquote><p>I sure hope not.<br><br><br>
Posted by:

Re: SO, who got how much snow? - 01/23/05 09:05 AM

You mean there's bad acting, people outrunning tidal waves and impossible circumstances everywhere? <br><br>"Hey, assistants of mine... nevermind YOUR families and loved ones--help ME find MY son and one of you will die in the process." "Sure boss... let's get going!"<br><br><br><br>

Re: SO, who got how much snow? - 01/23/05 09:57 AM

More pictures posted here: http://homepage.mac.com/dreed2/PhotoAlbum46.html<br><br>It's still coming down at the rate of (guessing here) at least 3 or 4 inches per hour. Can't get out of the house. Doors are blocked in. My neighbor's house is the same. Can't see the rest of the neighborhood. Visibility is about 500 feet or so. <br><br>This was my driveway a few hours ago. It's worse now. <br><br><br><br>Lots of seasoned firewood on the porch. Margarita fixings for later, including salt for the edge of the glass, chili, beer... Just hope the power doesn't go out. I'm the only person in the house who likes to play cards. Wanna come over for a card game? ;-)<br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: SO, who got how much snow? - 01/23/05 10:08 AM

I'm a couple of towns away from Mansfield.<br><br><EMBED SRC="http://idisk.mac.com/mikeleboeuf/Public/snow.mp4", WIDTH=250, HEIGHT=150 CONTROLLER=TRUE AUTOPLAY=FALSE><br><br><br>

Re: SO, who got how much snow? - 01/23/05 10:21 AM

Bleh! One thing I don't miss at all is having to deal with a car in that kind of weather. Even the very few heavy snowfalls I saw in NYC were easier for not having a car to dig out. Just walk or take the subway to where ever you needed to go. Hell, I hate having a car in Fla. for that matter!<br><br>
Posted by: SparkCollector

Re: SO, who got how much snow? - 01/23/05 10:41 AM

I can't tell how much more snow we got here in Lancaster (PA) overnight.<br><br>It stopped late afternoon yesterday, then started back up a bit overnight, and the wind really picked up. Some places, I see 18" deep, other places, I see bare yard and driveway.<br><br>As for wicked snowstorms, I'm still remembering fondly the storm we got in February 2003. One of the biggest on record here in my area.<br><br>I have pix...should I do a web slide show?<br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: SO, who got how much snow? - 01/23/05 11:55 AM

Sure Sparky. I'd like to see it.<br><br>Donna & Michael and everyone there be safe.<br>SteveG put on some sunscreen for heaven's sake!<br><br>

Re: SO, who got how much snow? - 01/23/05 12:04 PM

<EMBED SRC="http://idisk.mac.com/dreed2/Public/blizzard2005.MP4", WIDTH=320, HEIGHT=250 CONTROLLER=TRUE AUTOPLAY=FALSE><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by dreed2 on 01/23/05 03:08 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: SO, who got how much snow? - 01/23/05 12:07 PM

Aw, crap. I was kind of hoping my offer would be ignored.<br><br>:)<br><br>OK...just for you, Shelli!<br><br>

Re: SO, who got how much snow? - 01/23/05 12:10 PM

Me too! (I was just off trying to figure out how to film movies on my still digital camera and then how to post them here.) <br><br>

Re: SO, who got how much snow? - 01/23/05 12:11 PM

Not unlike watching the palm trees during the 'canes last October. I guess it's a trade-off.<br><br>

Re: SO, who got how much snow? - 01/23/05 12:50 PM

Don't feel bad Sparky. I'm making a movie to post. But thanks the ladies are looking forward and you wouldn't want to disappoint the ladies.<br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: SO, who got how much snow? - 01/23/05 12:54 PM

What nobody makes a snowman any more ??<br><br>We did get a quarter inch of snow, well in the form of rain today<br><br>

Re: SO, who got how much snow? - 01/23/05 12:59 PM

You need to be able to go outside to make a snowman. I ain't crawling out through the window to shovel the snow away from the doors until it stops snowing. My son's friend jumped off the roof of his house a little while ago and landed in a huge drift of snow. They're playing games with each other online. Only one of his friends has lost power so far. <br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: SO, who got how much snow? - 01/23/05 01:26 PM

Ghee I wonder if I can make a WaterMan ??<br><br>Just poking at ya Sugar.<br>Hope you don't lose power and take care. I remember the last time you had to lift your son out of the window or something to dig the snow away from the door so you all could get out ??<br><br>

Re: SO, who got how much snow? - 01/23/05 02:21 PM

Great pictures again Donna thanks so much. Is it kind of cozy? We have 50 rain again.<br><br>

Re: SO, who got how much snow? - 01/23/05 03:49 PM

Funny you should mention movie.<br><br>I started out doing a web gallery, which would've been done and posted by now.<br><br>But I thought I'd give my neglected iMovie a spin, and imported 32 photos into it. Now I'm working on transitions. Got a sweet piece of solo piano music from one of my pals on the Adobe Photoshop forum that I'm trying to sync it to.<br><br>Might be a day or two until I finish it, but I'm having fun.<br><br>

Re: SO, who got how much snow? - 01/23/05 04:03 PM

Haha my quick movie ended up taking a couple of hours. I will be posting it tonight.<br><br>
Posted by: walzuhair

Re: SO, who got how much snow? - 01/24/05 02:43 AM

Nut-N-Honey <br><br>[color:blue].........................................<br>Loading, please wait...</font color=blue>

Re: SO, who got how much snow? - 01/24/05 03:58 AM

Mild winter for you huh, cousin? <br><br>

Snow Fall Amounts - 01/24/05 04:39 AM

Salem and Plymouth, MA reported 38 inches each.<br>Sagamore 35 inches.<br>Boston Logan 23 inches.<br>Boston 27 inches<br>I going with 30 inches where I live.<br>Since Logan is the official weather site this storm will rank as one of the worst of all time for snow accumulation but not the worst.<br><br>

Re: Snow Fall Amounts - 01/24/05 07:52 AM

I found the car!<br><br><br><br>

Re: Snow Fall Amounts - 01/24/05 11:51 AM

That's a good thing.<br>You should be able to drive it in March.<br><br><br>
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: Snow Fall Amounts - 01/24/05 06:48 PM

Yo Donna!<br><br>Good pictures. Snow sure is pretty. Glad you have it tho, and not me. Anyone who wishes for snow in my town I tell them to drive up to Mt.Hood where they can really enjoy it!<br><br>Thanks for the pictures.<br><br>KateMate
Posted by: trey

Re: SO, who got how much snow? - 01/25/05 12:10 AM

0" here.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: trey

Re: SO, who got how much snow? - 01/25/05 12:11 AM

Wait, that sounds bad.<br><br><br><br>