Speed up Chimera

Posted by: MacGizmo

Speed up Chimera - 11/14/02 06:45 AM

You can enable HTTP/1.1 pipelining in chimera by adding the following lines to your ~/Library -> Application Support -> Chimera -> profiles -> default -> [random].slt -> prefs.js file (open it with a text editor like MS Word - and save as "text only":<br><br> user_pref("network.http.pipelining", true);<br> user_pref("network.http.proxy.pipelining", true);<br><br>Pipelining speeds up browsing a lot.<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Speed up Chimera - 11/14/02 06:54 AM

Will have to try that, but shiite, I can't imagine Chimera being even faster. That said, I have to say, that I have gone back to Mozilla for the most part. Chimera still crashes too often for reliable use. Mozilla on my DP867 is pretty darned fast too. <br><br>

Re: Speed up Chimera - 11/14/02 06:56 AM

Please note Mike, the speed up is more noticeable on slower systems (I don't know why). On my dual ghz, I saw a small speed increase, but on my 500mhz iBook, it was very noticeable!<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Speed up Chimera - 11/14/02 01:30 PM

I didn't notice too much increase in speed..did you restart? I just quit Chimera and restarted the app.<br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: Speed up Chimera - 11/14/02 01:40 PM

I changed it in TextEdit...anything special I have to do?<br><br>I also put them at the beginning of the prefs file...was that wrong?<br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>

Re: Speed up Chimera - 11/14/02 04:35 PM

shouldn't matter where you put them, although I put them at the end.<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!

Re: Speed up Chimera - 11/14/02 04:35 PM

no restart, just launched the app.<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: Speed up Chimera - 11/14/02 04:44 PM

Know any good sites with themes or toolbar icons? (besides the one at the top, that is)<br><br><br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>