So Waleed,

Posted by: MachOne

So Waleed, - 11/14/02 01:40 AM

Your English is immaculate. Where were you educated? The UK?<br><br>
Posted by: walzuhair

Re: So Waleed, - 11/14/02 02:00 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Where were you educated? The UK?<p><hr></blockquote><p>Thatís very kind of you.. Hereís the story of my life:<br>Iím a Saudi Arabian, born and raised in Kuwait. I studied grades 1 through 12 in Kuwait. After finishing high school, I pursued my undergraduate studies at King Fahad University of Petroleum & Minerals (KFUPM) in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, from which I dropped out in 1987.<br><br>After dropping out, I moved to Riyadh, got a job, and got married a year after.<br><br>The Boring End. <br><br>
Posted by: MachOne

Re: So Waleed, - 11/14/02 02:12 AM

You either had exceptional language teachers or you are a gifted linguist. Whichever, I must confess I envy you. You didn't mention what you do for a living? (And it's not in your profile)<br><br>Me, I'm an advertising art director. I have a reasonable command of the English language plus un peu de Francais, but I am a Scot by birth. I blame that on my parents...<br><br><br><br>

Re: So Waleed, - 11/14/02 02:31 AM

Enchantť MachOne.. (Sorry, Sherlock does not have Gaelic )<br><br>I'm a Technology Solutions Consultant working with one of the major U.S. software companies, covering their Saudi Arabian operations.<br><br>I like learning other languages; they are gateways to other cultures and heritages.<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: So Waleed, - 11/14/02 02:40 AM

I agree....your command of the English language, as far as typing goes at least, is quite remarkable! Heck, some of the kids today could learn from you. <br><br><br>So how is Ramadan going? <br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: So Waleed, - 11/14/02 05:55 AM

In speaking too--remember the sound file where the whole family gave us a big hello.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: So Waleed, - 11/14/02 06:18 AM

You know Walz... I often wondered that myself. You have a better grasp of the English language than 90% of the people in the USA under the age of 20!<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!

Re: So Waleed, - 11/14/02 07:26 AM

<h1>90%???</h1> You're all far too kind.. As far as my pronunciation, I sometimes get a feeling that my accent is similar to that of Count Drakula. However, my wife thinks that I speak with an American accent. I guess too much TV does that to a person. <br><br>Is there a way we can all voice chat?<br><br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: So Waleed, - 11/14/02 07:31 AM

With AIM you can voice chat. There is just a little slight delay. I am sure that it is only one on one with voice chat, not a chat room.<br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: So Waleed, - 11/14/02 07:39 AM

Why not record your voice like Lori and Gizmo did?<br><br>Count Dracula, eh? Could be worse- could be Count Chocula!<br><br>Say something like "I want to suck your blood!"...<br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>
Posted by: lesh

Re: So Waleed, - 11/14/02 09:17 AM

He already did - it was most wonderful - with his children's voices, too. Still puts a big smile on my face - thank you Waleed!<br><br>[color:red]The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.</font color=red><br>

Re: So Waleed, - 11/14/02 09:47 AM

Whoops! Missed that one..<br><br>That 'voices' thread was getting way too big for me to even venture into anymore...<br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>

Re: So Waleed, - 11/14/02 10:07 AM

Here he is!!<br><embed src="http://www.alzuhair.net/waleed/audio/mmhi.mp3" width=320 height=25 controller=true autoplay=false><br><br>

Re: So Waleed, - 11/14/02 10:27 AM

Greetings from Riyadh.. Yallah, everybody say "Hi"... <h1>Hi...</h1><br><br>Yallah=Come on.<br><br>

Re: So Waleed, - 11/14/02 10:45 AM

Dang, you made me smile again...hehehe!<br><br>
Posted by: lesh

Re: So Waleed, - 11/14/02 11:31 AM

Okay DaddyMac - it's YOUR turn to record your voice!<br><br>[color:red]The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.</font color=red><br>

Re: So Waleed, - 11/14/02 11:43 AM

I can't find my microphone- AND I'm at work.<br><br>Someone PM me the code to embed the sound files again, please!<br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: So Waleed, - 11/14/02 01:17 PM

I agree your command of english is certainly better then mine.<br>You mention TV shows, what American type of shows can you view there??<br><br>

Re: So Waleed, - 11/14/02 01:55 PM

hehe..I love listening to that...and the family saying Hi all together, that's great <br><br>

Re: So Waleed, - 11/14/02 03:34 PM

TV Shows? Most of them ...<br>Since the days of the old western Mr. Smith and Mr. Jones, till (I think) the 2nd seasons of X-Files, Friends, E.R., ... etc. If you want current seasons, you'll have to pay.. I only watch the free stuff.. <br><br>

Re: So Waleed, - 11/14/02 04:45 PM

You watched Alias Smith and Jones?? that's a great show!!<br><br>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: So Waleed, - 11/15/02 04:24 AM

Isn't it nice to get an insight to the life of a nice Saudi Arabian gentleman? The "Hi!" was hilarious!<br><br>http://raszl.net