Installing Printer driver in Jag

Posted by: iRock

Installing Printer driver in Jag - 11/12/02 08:01 PM

After downloading and installing the Epson 750 printer driver, when I go into the Print Center I do not see it. The SP750.pkg is in the Receipts folder but I can't get the Center to navigate to it. I can't find any other files than the ones on the desktop. Do I have to have the printer hooked up to install or have the printer driver recognized? I am not sure what to look for as the software I used to print from10.1.5 was in Classic. Thanks<br><br>The wine urges me on, the bewitching wine, which sets even a wise man to singing and to laughing gently and rouses him up to dance and brings forth words <br>which were better unspoken.<br>Homer
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Installing Printer driver in Jag - 11/13/02 01:06 AM

I would guess the printer has to be connected before Print Center can recognize it. I'd try that.<br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Installing Printer driver in Jag - 11/13/02 05:50 AM

This morning there is an alias in my application folder for Epson Print Utility that I didn't see last night. I did install a bunch of software and restarted and log out/log in before I noticed the EPU. Cannot believe how fast it restarts in Jag! Tonight I'll unhook it and take it in and hook it up to the printer and try it out.<br><br> "This is the art of courage: to see things as they are and still believe that the victory lies not with those who avoid the bad, but those who taste, in living awareness, every drop of the good."<br>--Victoria Lincoln<br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Installing Printer driver in Jag - 11/13/02 06:24 AM

Yeah, on my new dual processor 867, it only takes about 25 seconds from the time I click RESTART until I am ready to use it again. I find that to be very fast.<br><br>