Change your About This Mac logo

Posted by: Mactico

Change your About This Mac logo - 11/12/02 08:40 AM

Click here to learn how to change the logo of your "About This Mac"<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Change your About This Mac logo - 11/12/02 09:31 AM

LOL!!! That guy is hilarious...<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I do not take reasonability for any errors this may create on your computer. I will not be held reasonable for any miss-use of this, or any problems this may create. I can only say it worked for my computer with out problems. This should not be preformed by people without much experience of the Mac OS X system.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Apparently, IT CAN BE PERFORMED by people who have no experience with the English language! <br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!

Re: Change your About This Mac logo - 11/12/02 09:57 AM

OK, here's my About This Mac box:<br><br><br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: Lori

Re: Change your About This Mac logo - 11/12/02 10:29 AM

that is just toooooooo cute. Rufus has such an adorable face!<br><br><br><br>

Re: Change your About This Mac logo - 11/12/02 11:47 AM

You should make one with your favorite flowers... it ads a nice "personal" touch to the OS! <br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: Change your About This Mac logo - 11/12/02 11:56 AM

What, you did this according to the guy's instructions or you had done it before?<br><br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>

Re: Change your About This Mac logo - 11/12/02 12:05 PM

I have several different ones that I did back when I first got Jaguar... I did it when I was using a theme for which I didn't like the about box, so I created my own.<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!

Re: Change your About This Mac logo - 11/12/02 12:21 PM

Anyone else have a custom About Box pic?<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!

Re: Change your About This Mac logo - 11/12/02 12:26 PM

Not yet, but I suspect I'll have one shortly!<br><br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Change your About This Mac logo - 11/12/02 02:42 PM

I would have one if you would show me how to do it <br><br>

Re: Change your About This Mac logo - 11/12/02 03:45 PM

ok giz, replying to you here too...hehehe<br>I followed all the directions and the photo on the right is what I get.<br>The one on the left is the tiff that is supposed to be on the one on the right. I feel really stupid right now, besides the fact that it has been a major pain in the butt rebooting back and forth into OS 9 and OS X.<br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Change your About This Mac logo - 11/12/02 03:49 PM

I'm not certain, but it looks like you have a space after the x in box and before the "." - that might be the problem.<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!

Re: Change your About This Mac logo - 11/12/02 05:35 PM

Gee, THAT would be embarassing, wouldn't it?<br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>

Re: Change your About This Mac logo - 11/12/02 06:25 PM

You're right Giz...here is the new and improved version!<br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Change your About This Mac logo - 11/12/02 06:46 PM

Sweet!!!<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: margadagio

Re: Change your About This Mac logo - 11/12/02 07:16 PM

Here's mine. Thanks for the tip.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: Change your About This Mac logo - 11/13/02 11:15 AM

<br><br>

Re: Change your About This Mac logo - 11/13/02 11:50 AM

LOL... nice try Biggerfoot... but I happen to know that the G5 ships with a minimum of 5GB of RAM! <br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!

Re: Change your About This Mac logo - 11/13/02 12:29 PM

After a couple of OS's past 10, those 'About this Mac' boxes are going to start to look like posters for Wrestlemania!<br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: Change your About This Mac logo - 11/13/02 01:50 PM

Nice wishful thinking there. <br><br>It's so interesting to see everyone's idea of how to change their AboutBox.tiff. All of us have completely different ideas. Neat.<br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Change your About This Mac logo - 11/13/02 02:35 PM

If you notice at the very bottom Bigger did say 2005.<br><br>
Posted by: greenme1

Re: Change your About This Mac logo - 11/13/02 03:21 PM

kind of depressing eh?<br><br>

Re: Change your About This Mac logo - 11/13/02 04:28 PM

Yes... I noticed... did ya see my ?<br><br>On a serious note, the G5 should be here well before 2005... I'm guessing end of next year. Now whether or not it is a Motorolla processor or an IBM-made processor is anyones guess!<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: greenme1

Re: Change your About This Mac logo - 11/13/02 05:04 PM

I want to see the new IMB processors that just came out in PowerMacs at MWSF! <br><br><br>....Like that will ever happen! <br><br>

Re: Change your About This Mac logo - 11/13/02 05:42 PM

I think you can bet the house that it will happen, just not that soon.<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!