i cannot understand why you do not care.

Posted by: TreeBeard

i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/28/04 08:01 AM

I always knew you lot were crazy .. but a disaster the world has not known for a good while has unfolded and is yet unfolding .. yet you crap on as if nothing has occurred. <br><br>i am sure this is the last time i will bother speaking with any of you.<br><br><br>but where will we be when the future comes?
Posted by: SgtBaxter

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/28/04 08:10 AM

Well boo fukkin hoo.<br><br>Who are you to say we don't care, and how do you know we do or don't, or what we are doing to help?<br><br>Don't let the door hit you on the ass.<br><br>
Posted by: Pete

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/28/04 08:19 AM

Just because we don't post about it in *here* means we don't care?<br><br>What's that old saying about the word 'assume'...? <br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/28/04 08:36 AM

who needs to assume .. you obviously can speak for yourselves<br><br><br>but where will we be when the future comes?
Posted by: LoveTheBomb

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/28/04 08:41 AM

I gotta agree with everyone else. Just because nothing is said doesn't mean nobody cares. I can't speak for anyone else, but it still seems very surreal to me. Looking at some of the fottage on TV is just amazing and scary. I'm really fearful because my favorite Social Studies teacher is in that area with his family. It could be months before I know how he's doing.<br><br>You know... sometimes words posted on a forum can't even begin to show how people feel. So how dare you assume that no one here cares because they haven't posted a stupid little blurb about it. Sometimes the silence about it speaks louder.<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/28/04 09:11 AM

Actually, I have talked with some not on here...it is truly shocking to hear that the death count is near 44,000 <br><br>Like the others, just because they don't talk about it here doesn't mean they don't care.<br><br>For those who want to see, someone was brave enough to take some pictures of the actual tidal wave:<br>http://www.pbase.com/issels/root<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/28/04 09:15 AM

WOW... I've never known you to be a self-righteous stick in the mud, usually that title is reserved for Pete! I didn't see YOU start a thread about it either. Horrible things happen every day, that doesn't mean we have to post about it in order to fit your idea of being a "good person."<br><br>But hey, as already said, don't get your tiny little member get stuck in the door on the way out!<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>PS: Pete, that was a reference to you, as if you didn't know! <br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/28/04 09:17 AM

Huh? Wha...?<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: snag

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/28/04 10:20 AM

And you have the audacity to presume to speak for all of us. You the self-appointed and righteous forum cop for political correctness. <br> <br>Look, Treebeard, people mourne in their own way. There is no right way and wrong way to empathize with the misfortunes and pains of others. You need to shed yourself of the hypocrisy of telling us what we should be talking about when if fact the only thing you are truly concerned about is that we are talking about YOU. You are a selfish, egotistical, self-righteous clown.<br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/28/04 10:25 AM

Don't care about a disaster of immense proportion? Not phased by staggering loss of life? Just because no one has posted about a story that is on the front page of every news-rag, the top headline on every newscast, and physically impossible to miss? TB, you've outdone yourself this time. Talk about crapping on! I'll bet you needed a forklift to lift that assumption off the ground.<br><br>But this: <blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>i am sure this is the last time i will bother speaking with any of you.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Now there's something we actually don't care about.*<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>*Not necessarily speaking for anyone but myself, but hoisting my own huge assumption that I'm at least partially right.<br><br>
Posted by: skuldugary

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/28/04 11:42 AM

"i am sure this is the last time i will bother speaking with any of you."<br><br>There IS a Santa Claus!!! Yay.<br><br>Okay everybody, so TB doesn't feel bad, lets all open a vein on the count of 3. <br>One<br>Two<br>.... nah, who really cares, right? Lets all go back to talking about what cool stuff we got for Christmas. <br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/28/04 12:38 PM

the death count is near 44,000<br><br>Never mind that. 11 Americans were killed.<br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/28/04 12:39 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Lets all go back to talking about what cool stuff we got for Christmas.<br><p><hr></blockquote><p><br>I got my wife the Mister T power fister. You? :D<br><br>
Posted by: MattMac112

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/28/04 01:01 PM

I'm waiting on the10 page hypothesis on how the Tsunami was George W. Bush's fault.<br><br>****************<br>I have no signature at this time

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/28/04 01:23 PM

Actually, this time it was Cheney's blowhole that caused it! <br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/28/04 01:38 PM

OMG I hope he's OK.<br><br>
Posted by: nutty

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/28/04 01:47 PM

Thank God she survived<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Walrus

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/28/04 03:11 PM

Man, don't you read the liberal press any more? It was caused by global warming!<br><br>Sheesh...<br><br>[color:blue]Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having a peeing section in a swimming pool.</font color=blue>
Posted by: Llewelyn

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/28/04 03:13 PM

Now I heard it was because we're weakening the earths crust by building highways, and extracting coal, gas and oil.<br><br>:)<br><br>
Posted by: djstefan

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/28/04 03:37 PM

I was busy with work and didn't even check the forum. It's really sad, I have to say. I have to agree with you that when the tornadoes went through the US, that's all you could hear about, but when 40+ k people die, like Michael said, all you hear about is how many Americans were in the incident. <br><br>What happends on this side of the world is supposed to affect the whole world, but what happends on the other side.... who really cares!? A couple of my coworkers were even making fun of it... <br><br>The main idea is that if the [censored] aint on your ass, let someone else wipe it.<br><br>I do believe the US have lots of troops staged not too far from there, haven't heard much help being sent though....<br><br>_________________________________________<br>Just a different kinda geek...

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/28/04 03:59 PM

Well, hang on a minute. Since we're demanding sack cloth and ashes, then why doesn't anybody care that my dog caught a cold. What, are animals too lowly to care about?<br><br>Okay really. What I find insulting is that TB and those like him judge us through the very small peep hole into our lives by this forum. And because we're not weeping and wailing, we're accused of not caring. This sounds pretty dated, but how dare you. How dare you measure the kind of people we are because we don't flood this forum with what you expect to see. Did it occur to you that some of us interalize these things. Expressing deep sorrow may be a personal thing, so while you may be standing on a street corner, whipping your self for all to see, some of us keep it to ourselves or a close circle of people. <br><br>Glad your leaving TB. You won't be missed.<br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/28/04 04:02 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>but when 40+ k people die, like Michael said, all you hear about is how many Americans were in the incident. <p><hr></blockquote><p>I don't know what kind of newscasters you have in your corner of the world, but they've been talking about it non-stop here on the Phoenix news stations, and very little discussion has been about how many Americans were lost.<br><br>That being said, this is America, it stands to reason that most American's want to know about how it may have affected other Americans.<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>haven't heard much help being sent though....<p><hr></blockquote><p>We've already sent $16 million dollars in relief funds, with more on the way. What would be an adequate amount for you to not feel like we're letting them wipe their own @ss??? The money can get there faster than any rescue workers and equipment could... they can use the money to get that from closer nations.<br><br>
Posted by: Bryan

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/28/04 04:19 PM

Well, more people that that have died in the genocide in the Sudan...and nobody has really posted about that either.<br><br>This really isn't the place where people come to shoot the breeze about human tragedy. I am sure there are other places for that.<br><br><br>
Posted by: watcher

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/28/04 04:54 PM

Many nations are sending what they can afford but the damage bill will be more than 16 billion, according to one leading insurance expert.<br><br><br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/28/04 04:57 PM

Whatever, at least TreeBeard had the intestinal fortitude to make you dredge your mind up out of the gutter long enough to spew more insults.<br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/28/04 05:32 PM

a little thought<br>I was going to reply (again) to some posts accusing me of not caring about the disaster with the tsunami. I decided it wasn't the best use of my time. Instead I decided to donate money to the American Red Cross relief fund (you can do it through http://www.amazon.com).<br><br>As my mom always says: People who talk are just doing that, talking. People who act change the world.<br><br>So anyway... here's a url if you want to make a real difference: http://www.amazon.com.<br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/28/04 05:36 PM

I saw that, but I'm going to wait a while and see if a different charity pops up offering relief help- I've not heard fantastic things about the Red Cross. Having in-laws involved with the fire department and emergency services, you hear a lot of ugly 'insider' things about these types of organizations...<br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/28/04 05:42 PM

Well now, that is a positive response. I am sure this was what TreeBeard wanted to see.<br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/28/04 05:46 PM

Things that you hear may or may not be true but at least these organisations are there attempting to distribute aid. There will need to be more than 16 billion spent before this event begins to look like being repaired. <br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/28/04 05:47 PM

I agree, but seek out the Salvation Army instead if you want to help...<br><br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/28/04 05:49 PM

Not to mention....<br><br>Really, there are quite a bit of resources pouring into the area. If somebody really wants to make a difference, buy some groceries for a needy family in your town. <br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/28/04 05:58 PM

There are no places to hide from tsunami nor their mother eathquakes. All we can do is consider ourselves lucky that the earth has not swallowed us faster than we can swallow our pride. Those of us unaffected by such events. <br>Whilst war and genocide are nasty and yes many of us discuss them and try to help to prevent people spreading the disease of greed and division that causes such things. They are still slow and steady disasters that take time to fester and destroy. <br>If shooting the breeze is all you want to do, then will it come as no surprise to you if the breeze happens to shoot you while you are not watching?<br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/28/04 06:02 PM

Oh yes. Of course. Anything to make Mr. TB happy. And, of course, the best way to illicit a positive response from someone is to throw a little crap in their face. An assumption here. An accusation there. And — most importantly — a blanket insult.<br><br>Abso-fookin-lutely, I'll write "This is dedicated to TreeBeard" on the memo line of my check.<br><br>Yeah. A crazy lot we are, indeed.<br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/28/04 06:09 PM

I understand what you are saying, but... WTF? Why not just create a thread about it and see what kind of responses you get? You know, that's how its usually done around here. You might find that people care a lot.<br><br>Oh, well, nevermind I guess. Just assume what you want and go off and pout. That attitude reminds me of some of the girls I dated in high school. They didn't last long either, thank god.<br><br><br><br>When did the National Guard turn into the foreign legion?

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/28/04 10:25 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Well now, that is a positive response. I am sure this was what TreeBeard wanted to see.<p><hr></blockquote><p>I don't care what TreeBeard wanted to see! I did it because I wanted to. I just happened to be on Amazon and I decided to contribute. TreeBeard hand *nothing* to do with it, I would have donated anyway. I'm pissed that, instead of trying to be helpful and post information about the tragedy or links to help out with relief efforts, he decided to start a flame war. Totally uncool.<br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/29/04 04:19 AM

Hooboy. Now he's especially not gonna be talkin' to youse! <br><br>
Posted by: Topper

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/29/04 04:30 AM

Yes, thank God, there are important stories and then there are important stories.<br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/29/04 07:08 AM

Watcher, why do you come across with this 'better than thou' approach? You sound like you're ljudging people becasue they aren't wailing loud enough for you.<br><br>If people choose to focus on the positive in the world, or even their lives, why does that bother you? I get the impression you walk through the terminal cancer floor and tell people they should feel really bad because they're going to die. <br><br>It's one thing to haggle back and forth about politics, but expecting people to meet your expectations of how they should deal with this terrible disaster, the way TB has, is insulting.<br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/29/04 08:42 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>but expecting people to meet your expectations of how they should deal with this terrible disaster, the way TB has, is insulting.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Not to mention it makes one a louse of a human being.<br><br>BTW, I've organized a fund drive here at work for the disaster. I'd like to see $100K out of it. There are plenty of $100+ donations so far, with a few thousand people throughout the divisions hopefully that'll keep up. No, the money won't arrive there right away, but it'll get there long after people will have forgotten about the disaster... just when they'll need it the most.<br><br>WTF has TB done? :)<br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/29/04 08:44 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Things that you hear may or may not be true but at least these organisations are there attempting to distribute aid. There will need to be more than 16 billion spent before this event begins to look like being repaired.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Yes, it's staggering to think about the money required to get the region "back to normal." But why are you/we/they looking at America to do this? <br><br>This is one of my fundamental complaints about how the rest of the world feels about America. They hate us when we go into Iraq and rid the world of that scumbag who was running it. They hate the "dirty American tourist." They hate the lax, immoral "American way of life." Yet they are more than happy to blame us for the problems of other countries not having good common sense, they are more than happy to EXPECT us to finance the recovery of every "disaster" in every corner of the world, and they're more than happy to ask us to supply them with military arms & support every time they want to have their little religious wars – then complain about it after "cashing the check."<br><br>I'm all for the U.S. helping out when they can, within reason. Yes, I understand that there are a lot of homeless, starving children over there right now... but you know, there's an awful lot of homeless starving children in every major city of this country right now too – just because it wasn't a natural disaster that got them there doesn't change the fact that they are just as hungry, just as scared and just as in need as anyone over there right now. <br><br>I would rather my tax money help Americans in America, and I don't apologize for thinking that way. If I were Canadian, I would want my tax money spent in Canada first, etc...<br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/29/04 10:19 AM

What are you talking about? What gutter? You don't even know me. Besides he insulted YOU too you know. He insulted EVERYONE who comes to this board, but apparently you either didn't read his post or you're just as presumptuous as he is.<br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/29/04 10:25 AM

Or...it is him <br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/29/04 10:35 AM

I was thinking the same thing. Watcher and Treebeard are one and the same.<br><br>So, we're not rid of him after all. Oh that's just great. (rolling eyes)<br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/29/04 10:39 AM

I always have considered Watcher / TreeBeard / Cherry / Celandine to be the same person. <br><br>****************<br>I have no signature at this time

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/29/04 10:54 AM

They're all JonnyCat in disguise! <br><br>
Posted by: bird

We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 10:55 AM

Well I am sure I will hear don' t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out too but I think all this adding insults to what some think is an injury aimed at the forum members because of what TB posted is kind of sad. I expect it from the brothers three but was taken back at a few others. I think when you live on the other side of the world and a tragedy of this proportion happens and you check in to a place that we do share different events..maybe your not in the usual frame of mind. Upset, horrified..perhaps even effected in someway by family member missing..or a friend..something that strongly might effect the way you word your post. Such as "yet you crap on as if nothing has occurred." Yes we reply with "WHAT WE CARE" we may not post it but we care..and good riddance etc ..some hateful replies in the follow up's to his post. Remember 9/11 no one was thinking right.. Hurricane Ivan, the war in Iraq..things we can connect too., that touch us in some way..who knows what his thoughts were when he posted except that he was genuinely upset. A disaster had happened.. . I saw a person just upset..not our faults I agree ..but everyone at one time or another may regret a post or a remark, and your reaction was the usual piss on you..we could care less. I for one will miss his posts if he doesn't return, but thats me. <br><br><br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 11:01 AM

It's one thing to be upset and post about it. But it's another thing entirely to walk in to the room and piss all over the floor. If TreeBeard doesn't come back, it's his choice, his decision. It's also his mess to clean up.<br><br>****************<br>I have no signature at this time

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 11:18 AM

I really wasn't all that jolted by TB's post, but it was odd to assume that because we didn't post about the tragedy in this little space known as MacMinute, that we (as a whole) didn't 'care' about the incident.<br><br>Personally, I didn't know exactly what to say. It's easy to go off on a rant about terrorist bombings, but in an act of nature such as this there's really not much you can rail about...I don't think people in this country can wrap their brains around death & destruction of this magnitude. To us, 3,000 was horrifying enough. 70,000 just makes your mouth drop and doesn't really let anything come out of it.<br><br>

Apology to snag - 12/29/04 11:19 AM

What I posted here "and your reaction was the usual piss on you..we could care less." I ment to say our,[I was not attacking you... ] as that wording implied. Sorry about that. My post was just my reaction to the over all drift of things..again sorry.<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 11:23 AM

Sorry, girlfriend, but while I respect your tolerance and admire your compassion, I beg to differ with you on this one. Yeah, a few responses were at a level similar to the original post, and 2 wrongs do not a right make. But I'm not buying emotional stress as an excuse for wholesale presumption and insult. This disaster will probably yield a quarter million deaths — 1/3 of them children. And the images of walls covered with pictures of the missing and pleas for any scrap of information reminds me way too vividly of what life was like in NYC during the weeks and months following the 9/11 attacks. A fraction of the loss of life, but no less horror, shock and pain. <br><br>Which brings me to my point: I lost friends on the ground and one in the air that day. Hell, I lost my job as a result of what the attacks did to the city's business infrastructure! You might say that life kinda sucked big time. But I didn't feel the need to piss on the forum's (MCF at that time) shoes because there may not have been enough posts about the event.<br><br>Like the old saying goes, You attract more bees with honey than with vinegar. As far as I'm concerned, Mr. Moral Outrage stuck his foot in his mouth, and if he's choking on it now, well, no one forced him to be an @sshole in the first place.<br><br>That's my story and I'm stickin' with it. *stamps foot*<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 11:26 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I expect it from the brothers three but was taken back at a few others.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Who are the brothers three? Is that some ultra-secret government term for a few of us?<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I for one will miss his posts if he doesn't return, but thats me. <p><hr></blockquote><p>I don't know how you could miss his posts, since he rarely posts at all – but I do understand your point.<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 11:31 AM

Well, we often refer to the 7 Elders at MCF, so I guess MM should have it's own code-named icons of contempt as well.<br><br>Just part of the politics...<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 11:39 AM

Thanks Pete. I understand what you mean..and I apprcieate that you understood what I was trying to convey too. Being upset can make us all say and do things that under normal conditions we wouldn't say or do. I think thats what happened when TB posted. A normal "What the hell" reaction was taken by some of the forum members, A absolutly normal thing as I said, but I don't think for one instance that there was any malice directed to each one of our hearts individualy when he posted . The normal "What the hell would have been fine, .but some got out the rocks and took direct aim.. not looking at the post as someone upset and not perhaps wording it in away that came across as that....oh well another day on this planet..can't beat that with a stick..<br><br>
Posted by: Celandine

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 11:41 AM

Well, for one thing, <br><br>taking about it might have led to <br>taking some sort of initiative about it<br>like the member did at his work place to raise<br>awareness and ultimately funds that will, no doubt<br>be needed the most just as he said, when most others<br>have fallen back into complacency. Thank You for doing that. <br><br><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/29/04 11:46 AM

Nope!<br><br>Treebeard would have called you a slovenly wanker<br>I (on the other hand) would have called you a tub o'[censored] jerkoff.<br><br>BIG difference? <br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 11:47 AM

Bird, i didn't use vulgarities (like he did) but I did respond with passion and venom to a post that did nothing more than invite that very kind of response.<br><br>His post was vulgar, malicious, insulting, and presumptuous. I called it the way I saw it and for that I have nothing to apologize for. My feelings are exactly the same for Watcher, who I suspect is actually Treebeard anyway given that he feels so compelled to defend someone who would insult an entire class of people (the ones who post and read this board).<br><br>And by the way, never have I wished that the door would hit anyone on the way out. This forum is open to all sorts of exchanges of ideas, however you reap what you sew; come here hurling generalized insults and you will most assuredly be awarded with some very personalized insults directed at you. <br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 11:52 AM

Steve you have always had a close place in my heart. I may not always post a response..but have followed your path since the first day you took me under your wing. I still remember talking to you on the phone many moons ago when we met at MC and I was in tears not understanding my first mac..you and Kate spent hours with me that day..which seems so long ago.. And as all good stalkers do I followed you here. Prayed for you and all directly effected by 9/11. I have had fun and sadness in your journeys. If we agree or disagree ..we will always I hope remain friends. So stomp away..when you are done you can always buy a drink on my tab anytime...<br> PROVEN FACT [color:red]We don't always have to be right to be president</font color=red> <br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 11:59 AM

<br>So you're pissing on it now because you LOVE insulting Treebeard,<br>because he don't put up with your slimy, mealy-mouthed bulldirt.<br>As far as he's concerned you're STILL a Wanker, And I'll stick by that as well.<br><br>It was fine for YOU to WHINE and carry on about being INCONVENIENCED <br>by moving to a vacation resort OH! BOO FUKKIN HOO!<br><br>Whad you do open like 3 threads "WAAAAAAAAAA!", *sob sob sob*<br><br>Like Where'd ya' go? <br><br>You're such tripe. <br><br><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/29/04 12:02 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I (on the other hand) would have called you a tub o'[censored] jerkoff.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Well, @sswipe, I'll have you know I've lost another 2.2 pounds this week. <br><br>By the way, the weight mocking thingy is wwaayyyyyyy over-rated. I could give two sh!ts if you call me a tub o' anything. Just so ya know .. <br><br>****************<br>I have no signature at this time

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 12:02 PM

Dang. Forgot to take your meds today again, eh? <br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 12:03 PM

Ok ok..The brothers three..my personal moniker ..that in my head I have somehow felt were one for all and all for one.. What good are secrets if one can't share. This is just me.. no conspiracy at all. The brothers three!!<br>#1 Matt<br>#2 Bryan<br>#Skul<br>I can't tell them apart anymore..but thats just me..kind of fun the change in this post..so thats my confession of the brothers three..lol!!<br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/29/04 12:07 PM

Is there a "Rest Room" sign on the door here? Seems the only time you and your role model come in here is to urinate on the floor.<br><br><br><br>Or are you just looking to expand your wanker collection?<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 12:08 PM

<br>To you miss Bird:<br>I miss you, but I left this forum months ago<br>because I couldn't stomach this bunch another minute.<br><br>You're right about Peter being upset.<br>He lost a few friends..... literally.<br>I fact there are over 5,000 Aussies still unaccounted for.<br>He hasn't slept in days, and has been with his son.<br>I have no idea why he came seeking solace in this rank [censored] hole<br>prolly because he was one of a handful of original members that<br>started this forum, and thought he'd be among friends here.<br><br><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 12:08 PM

And here I thought they were a folk singing trio from the '60s! <br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/29/04 12:11 PM

Good, PORKY! <br><br><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 12:13 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>If we agree or disagree ..we will always I hope remain friends.<p><hr></blockquote><p>That, m'luv, goes without saying. <br><br><br><br>And the next time I take you "under my wing", please do not tickle my armpits again! <br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/29/04 12:15 PM

Eat [censored] And DIE! LITERALLY!<br><br>Oh, BTW,<br>I never told you this<br>but I've always considerered this Peter's Favorite Forum<br>and it was for his sake that I remained anywhere near approaching <br>civil even in the face of the Unwholesome 3plusOne. <br><br>Your cliche were always good for just one thing, the forum gang-up.<br><br>It was a mistake to have made him unwelcome when he needed you.<br><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Celandine on 12/29/04 03:28 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 12:15 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>The brothers three!!<br>#1 Matt<br>#2 Bryan<br>#Skul<p><hr></blockquote><p>WTF??? I truly thought I would be in that list! <br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 12:21 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>He lost a few friends..... literally.<p><hr></blockquote><p>On that score, I unconditionally empathise with him. Been there done that on 9/11. I had a ringside seat.<br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>and thought he'd be among friends here<p><hr></blockquote><p>If that's how he speaks to his friends, I'd hate to see what he says about his enemies! And if you consider this such a rank [censored] hole, just consider that your remarks and attitude are only stinking up the place all the more. You should look into anger management. Or at least have someone explain a few social graces to you before you climb on that very tall mule you're riding.<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 12:23 PM

Ok. make that 3 bro's and a sistah! <br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/29/04 12:24 PM

urrrgh, Michael. Your comment is so true that it pains me deeply (<br><br>The problem is whom do we feel sorry for? Each and every one of those 44,000 had families, people who loved them. It really is a sad but true fact that we tend to look closest to home for someone to comfort, but it seems so cold to somehow put the importance of those to whom we have a kinship above those to whom we don't. It's shameful in one sense yet any effort to comfort those who grieve has to be worthwhile. It's a terrible dilemma.<br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/29/04 12:27 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Eat [censored] And DIE! LITERALLY!<p><hr></blockquote><p>Lemme get back to you on that. Ok?<br><br><br><br>*pushes lifetime ignore button*<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 12:27 PM

Hey, what do you know, I'm famous!<br><br>You know, you had me with your first post, and you lost me with your last.<br><br>It seems in spite of my efforts to mend fences with you months ago, like the grudge holding person that you are, you still lable me as someone who only communicates on the lowest level. <br><br>I have no regrets about my words to TB. He's a smug, sudo-intelligent, snob who looks down on everyone that doesn't walk his walk. Not much differernt that you in many ways. You adorn your posts with frilly, pretty pictures of things, but oh those posion fangs lash out far too quickly. Going after Matt and his weight. <br><br>That's a cheap shot, but typical of you and your kind. After a bit of exercise Matt will no longer be overweight. Yet no amount of push ups will remove your flaws.<br><br>I like that Matt speaks his mind and yet remains open to differing points of view. You on the other hand are as constant as the Northern star, and as approachable as well.<br><br>Please peddal your double standards somewhere else. And please don't waste my time in the future seeking an apology from me. That was clearly a case of pearls before a swine.<br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/29/04 12:28 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>*pushes lifetime ignore button*<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Awww man- I want one too!!!! Buy me one, Unca Steve!!!<br><br>

Re: Apology to snag - 12/29/04 12:29 PM

It's OK Bird dear :)<br><br>I wasn't exactly sure what you meant but I thought your comments were fair anyway. I don't mind having to explain myself and you gave me the opportunity to do that so i thank you. :)<br><br><br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/29/04 12:30 PM

wanker<br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 12:32 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>taking about it might have led to <br>taking some sort of initiative about it<p><hr></blockquote><p>I agree to what you say about talking about it which can lead to taking initiative. I'm just annoyed that treebeard, instead of trying to bring on helpful discourse decided to insult everyone. That's not a way to start helpful discussion to lead people to take initiative. It just pisses everyone off and starts a completely unnecessary flame war. That's why I'm annoyed with TreeBeard. I'm all about helping people when there's a tragedy.<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 12:34 PM

Tree shows up and suddenly Bird and Celandine appears.<br><br>All three talk the same way. All three come across as melow, calm, children of the earth... that is until someone makes a small infraction, then they're Freddy Kruger.<br><br>I know I'm painting a big bulls eye on myself. Why talk to Steve that way? Of all the responses, he was the most thoughtful? Just rude of you Tree... uh... Bir... uh all of you.<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 12:35 PM

Agreed- sentiment was in the right place, but the delivery was clumsy & abrasive...<br><br>I've done that a few times myself...<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 12:50 PM

Lol..you..give me a break..you have always followed where you lead period..no packs for you ...<br>No no..just a head thing..no harm or darts wishing to be thrown at them at all. Just something that I somehow got formed in my head a long time ago.... I surprised myself when I typed it..I was going to leave it out..but it just typed its self out so nicely that I thought heh heh..why not. I have never really been on the inside of anything..lol..still don't know who as Steve posted who the 7 Elders at MCF are lol!! Just my own personal name that came about...my own doing..just popped in my head one day...The brothers three.. if I jump off a bridge will my best friends follow type deal..never any doubt that they always have a good brother to back one up..a life persever of sorts..no alone in the river by ones self type thing..I'm sure they have personal sweet, kind ,names for me too.. much more creative then the brothers three..<br>I'm still grinning that I would put you in the three brothers...Giz you need a category just for you alone..you are truly one of a kind..an endangered species. The type poster I hope like my friend Treebeard doesn't go away <br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 12:54 PM

Hey..ease up on Bird. I like her even though we don't agree politically. <br><br>Celandine deserves everything coming to him/her. <br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 12:57 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I like that Matt speaks his mind and yet remains open to differing points of view. You on the other hand are as constant as the Northern star, and as approachable as well.<br><p><hr></blockquote><p><br>And I think totally different than you regarding Bird and Matt. Go figure. <br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 01:14 PM

Sorry. I can understand you're on better terms with Bird than me. <br><br>We all have a raw nerve somewhere. Extending a peace pipe and having it knocked out of your hand sort of leaves a bad taste in my mouth.<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 01:20 PM

See...we DO feel the same way, just with different people! <br><br>What I'm trying to do is be nice. If I can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. Even if they get under my skin.<br><br>ok..must post this before I say something not nice...<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 01:22 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>And I think totally different than you regarding Bird and Matt. Go figure.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Got something you want to say to me, John? Then say it. Don't take a passing shot ... It's weak.<br><br>****************<br>I have no signature at this time

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 01:30 PM

Uh..Matt, I think everyone here knows that we don't get along. That's not unknown. <br><br>There was no passing shot at you. I was responding to Skul that I THINK totally different than HIM regarding you and Bird. <br><br>Why I said that? Because...stay with me...Skul had posted this:<br>"I like that Matt speaks his mind and yet remains open to differing points of view. You on the other hand are as constant as the Northern star, and as approachable as well."<br><br><br>Sounds like you got some sort of grudge, Matt. Should I pass every post I make your way for you to inspect and give it the seal of approval that I'm not making some passing shot? I had no idea you had such thin skin. <br><br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 01:41 PM

<br><br>

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Sounds like you got some sort of grudge, Matt<p><hr></blockquote><p><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Uh..Matt, I think everyone here knows that we don't get along. That's not unknown.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Uhhh ... you're a condradiction in print, John. Sounds like you're the one with the grudge.<br><br>By the way, when you were concerned that your nephew might be missing, I posted to you:<br><br>here<br><br>and here<br><br>Yeah, sounds like I've "got some sort of grudge." <br><br>Thing is, John, if you weren't such an @sshole sometimes, I'd actually want to get together. But you just can't help yourself:<br><br><blockquote>should I pass every post I make your way for you to inspect and give it the seal of approval that I'm not making some passing shot?</blockquote><br><br>You're such a dick.<br><br>****************<br>I have no signature at this time

Ok Skul..here goes..I don't always join in..but I don't feel as if that is a bad thing..I really didn't mean any harm in my three brothers thing..yes it was a name formed in my head and I posted the three names when questioned about the reference..perhaps I would have been been better off keeping it my own little deal..but I didn't but at least I am actually posting to you... I think we all have friends and-folks we get along with more...I haven't made a real effort to get to know you...or Bryan..which I will accept as my fault...Matt it seems mixes oil and water with everyone..thats Matt. I do not mix in that much..sometmes due to private reasons I just can't, not as up to it as the old saying goes..but I did pick out a birthday card for you that I thought was cute..so maybe this will break the ice..or you can tell me to F off..My early I apologize to you card and Birthday combined...and I do mean ..I will try even if against your wishes to join in a bit more with you guys posts..and perhaps in a silly way start to if not be friends then at least start a fresh start. I truly enjoy Celadine, Cherry, Ruse, Treebeard..and even like myself now and again..but as Matt I think posted..we are all different folks.. not one and the same..so like the name the three brothers implies..close..buddies..pals..we all can tell kind of tell who is going to agree with something..it wasn't evil I just thought I would answer..didn't really have to but I did..my impression..so take it or leave it.. but I could and looking back should have kept the three brothers to my self. I did have this in mind for you..when I found it..I don't shop in real life for Birthday cards of people that I truly dislike so for what its worth My BD apology card all in one You got to admit it looks just like ya..<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 01:43 PM

Ugh- someone make this thread go away now. <br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 01:48 PM

Hey Pete... would you please tell your wife to stop by and pick up her lingerie and let her know that I really don't want your dog! <br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 02:01 PM

Wazzamata? You afriad it may challenge Woid Ayesosheeayshun? <br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 02:03 PM

Actually Matt, I don't harbor ANY ill-will towards you. I'm sure you are a fine respectable member of your community. It's just that on here, I think that the "gist" of what we are saying doesn't always get across....you know what I mean? And we just butted heads over some, if you think about it, stupid things.<br><br>I appreciate the kind words you said (and what Bryan said too) and I should have acknowledged it...sorry. <br><br>Here's what I'm thinking....sometimes, to me, it feels like you make statements that offend others. (and I'm sure I do too!) Instead of sticking to your guns and not caring what the other person thinks, why not bend a little and accept them for how they are? No amount of discussion on here will change a person's ideaology (is that how you spell it?), political leaning, moral values, etc unless the other person wants to change.<br><br>There is too much going on in the world for me (and you, I'm sure) to worry ourselves and get in such a bother over an internet site. Agreed?<br><br>I mean, right now I'm talking to Waleed and there were grenades and machine guns going off around a mile from his house....about 2 hours ago. Now..THAT's serious...this is not. The deaths from the tsunami and earthquake are serious...macminute forums are not. (in my opinion)<br><br>Here's the hatchet:<br><br><br>Let's bury it...just not in my head!<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 02:06 PM

Well, skul, I got's da differ with you on your characterization of Bird. She is calm and mellow, and has the endearing ability to speak her mind without ripping someone a new one, and without any personal agendas. She IS a lady.<br><br>Now, Celandine... well, I just won't go there. <br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 02:11 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> Now, Celandine... well, I just won't go there.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Not into sloppy seconds, eh? <br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 02:13 PM

Oy. Pity whoever got there first! <br><br>

Push dis, suckah! - 12/29/04 02:16 PM

<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 02:35 PM

*waves* I don't think we've met.<br><br>so you don't know me or why I left,<br>but the remark about my deserving what I get<br>is excusable under the circumstances, that being<br>I came specifically to blast the arse wipes on this <br>piece of crap forum for being rude pieces of dung<br>that delight in taking wise cracks and pot shots <br>and ganging up of members that aren't in their<br>pathetic little clique.<br><br>He, she, it... I'm a SHE believe it or not.<br>I just come from a kickarse North Jersey town<br>where folks speak their mind, rather than sneak<br>around looking for where to stick the shiv in.<br><br>I hate gangs, and I hate bullies, I'd be as quick<br>to speak in your defense as I am for Miss Bird, or<br>Treebeard.<br><br>Treebeard is a bit of a gruff character, with a<br>solid gold heart. His oddly old fashion way of<br>speaking puts him at odds with a lot of people.<br>I find mocking the Aussie for his different speech<br>and mannerism as offensive as mocking any other <br>member that doesn't speak English as a First Language.<br><br>The oddity is that far from speaking incorrect<br>English, they mock him for speaking TOO Correctly<br>In other words, there's just no pleasing some people.<br><br>Whatever.<br>so I've always liked our missing Mike, (RIP)<br>and cherry, and Bird, and Kate, and G4Dualy, and<br>djstefan, and the other outer circle dwellers, and<br>never was, and gladly never will be, part of their<br>crummy, two-faced, circle of liars and flatterers,<br>that feed on the corpses of others to make them<br>selves feel satisfied with themselves.<br><br>lol And BTW, I Am NOT Bird! lol (sorry Miss Bird) <br>Never meant to bring the heat down on you for you <br>putting in a good word for me & the Tree.<br><br>You wicked wicked girl you! Lashs you for Loyalty<br>In the Face of Adversary! (HUGS)<br><br>JESIS KRISTE!<br>SkullDRUDGERY!, you must really have Crap for Brains <br>to ever mix up the two of us. But you stepped over<br>the line on this one STOOOOOPID!<br>I'm not the only one here to love & respect her.<br>JERK! GAH! I DISPISE YOU! <br>PLEASE don't blather about wanting an apology,<br>and don't claim I use veiled allusions. I'm speaking<br>to YOU DIRECTLY INTO YOUR PASETY ARSE FACE!<br>I HATE YOU, And I Always have, since you first<br>started SUCKING UP To that other PoS just because<br>you're so pathetic as to NEED To latch onto a Power<br>Figure in order to exist. YOU MAKE ME PUKE!<br>GAH! You're a MENTAL CASE! No wonder your wife <br>walked out on you! <br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Celandine on 12/29/04 05:50 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: Krasni

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 02:48 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I for one will miss his posts if he doesn't return, but thats me.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Me too.<br><br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 02:48 PM

Personally, Treebeard isn't that bad of a guy <br><br>It's just the way he posted this. Now if he came back and said "hey..I meant it like this..not like that" or whatever, then I'm sure things would settle down.<br><br>As far as "I find mocking the Aussie for his different speech<br>and mannerism as offensive as mocking any other <br>member that doesn't speak English as a First Language."<br><br>Uh..where was that? Personally I like the Aussie accent!<br><br>Last thing..your posting in this thread came off way too harsh. You know...Treebeard can make a mistake...<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 03:17 PM

Naa naa naa,<br>I never meant that YOU were the one making fun of him.<br>(nor me either, for that matter.)<br><br>the plan was ALWAYS for 'The Greenblatt'<br>to get Treebeard to leave the forum. That's why Steverino<br>crafted the farewell the way he did, hoping that he'd finally<br>take over the forum from the original members.<br>I HATE That sort of thing. It's like the Ultimate SLIME!<br><br>BTW, <br>Has anyone else noticed that even the name GreenBLATT[/b] <br>sounds like a [i]PARTICULARLY NASTY FART? <br><br>lol A 5 Ft. FART with a Bad 'YINKLE!' lol<br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 03:20 PM

Uhmm..last time I checked, Steve doesn't have an agenda to get rid of anyone here. <br><br>Nobody can make anybody else leave. They leave on their own accord. <br><br>And come on...making fun of someone's name? How childish is that?<br><br>Glad you don't know mine!<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 03:28 PM

Na, I normal don't do that sort of thing,<br>but in this instance, I'm letting loose of a <br>whole lot of stored up anger in one thread.<br><br>Rather Cathartic. <br><br>Like I said, Up until now I always held back,<br>out of respect for Treebeard and a few others.<br><br>When they made it so crumby that I couldn't <br>hold back any longer, I choose to leave, rather <br>than ruin it for those I was leaving behind.<br><br>But when I got PMed, I got POed!<br>Figured this was the Day of Reckoning.<br><br>FAT BOY even accused me of leaving with my<br>tail between my legs.<br><br>lol <br>lol<br>lol<br>lol<br>what can I say.... besides, he doan know me very well.<br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 03:31 PM

who PMed you?<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 03:36 PM

Dear Santa, <br>Please send me a cool Ignore For Life button, just like Steveg got. Thank you.<br><br>They say that the character of a person can be judged not by that persons friends, but by their enemies. Adding yourself to my list is going to push me right into Sainthood.<br><br>Your words are empty sound. The fact that you take joy in the destruction of a family comes as no suprise. You have the ability to send me a private message. Why don't you take the time to write a note to my child and tell her how happy you are that she doesn't get to have her mommy and daddy together in the same house. How she'll spend her entire life with pictures of just her and one parent. Try not to giggle too much while you do it. I heard that human waste backs up a lot in Jersey, but I didn't know it was stacked high enough to reach a keyboard.<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 03:36 PM

lol 5 guesses, <br>the first 4 don't count! lol<br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 03:38 PM

huh? Are we only getting half of a story here?<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 03:39 PM

Sorry..not in a playful mood tonight. Don't tell me who did. Cause in reality I don't care. <br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 03:40 PM

Come off it! lol<br><br>gets on YOUR High Horse<br>"HOW DARE YOU USE ME TO ATAIN SAINTHOOD!!!" lol<br><br>Gimmee a break<br>You chased her away,<br>I didn't.<br><br>Geeze, WADDA TOOL!<br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green>

Hey you - 12/29/04 03:44 PM

Yes I could tell he was upset, glad he could be with his family at this time..and it is still wonderful that his post could get us all in the same thread..even got you back into the swing of things... so here we<br>all are, friends and foes alike, namecalling, laughing, yelling , damn seems like old times..what would we all do if we all got along..Guess we could do "Merry Poppins part two" One or two folks think I might be you or perhaps he [as in tree] lol..so all in all it hasn't been a complete waste of Peters time and I hope he as well as you and me..damn thats three, do return here..and everyone continues with our love/hate roles we have each earned , if we deserve them or not..and nice to see that you can still light up the stage...You do bring out the best in folks and worst in folks..that is a gift in its self. See you and Matt do have something in common Who'd a thunk..<br>Always good to see you girl.<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 03:50 PM

Nope. If you're suggesting that there's a connection between me and uh... oh never mind. the very thought is bringing my lunch up.<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 03:51 PM

no..didn't mean that. Just that it seems like only part of the story....was this in PM or on here? Because I don't recall ever hearing that you and your wife split. Not that it's any of my business...but you did mention it up there.<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 03:54 PM

"HOW DARE YOU USE ME TO ATAIN SAINTHOOD!!!"<br><br>What? Didn't the dragon help George? Didn't the possesed pig (any relation?) help Jesus. <br><br>I could go on, but you're a waste of my time. <br><br>(pressing Ignore for life button...CLICK)<br>aaaahhh, that's better.<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 03:56 PM

It was something that I posted about at one time. Kind of old history.<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 03:57 PM

ahh ok. Well...I'm sure it was a tough time. Hope things are better.<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 04:04 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>FAT BOY even accused me of leaving with my<br>tail between my legs.<br><br>lol <br>lol<br>lol<br>lol<br>what can I say.... besides, he doan know me very well.<p><hr></blockquote><p>No .. I guess I doan .. <br><br><br><br><br><br>****************<br>I have no signature at this time

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 04:19 PM

LOL!<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 04:39 PM

Big Flip, GIRTHY! <br><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 04:44 PM

<br><br>Say .. you're not too skinny yourself .. <br><br>****************<br>I have no signature at this time

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 04:47 PM

No kidding...talk about the pot and the f [censored] ing kettle!<br><br><br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 04:48 PM

I'm glad Phsycodine posted that pic .. I'd forgotten about it. I can tell how much weight I've lost .. <br><br>****************<br>I have no signature at this time

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 04:49 PM

And, as a bonus, your picture was taken in the last 20 years!<br><br>
Posted by:

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 04:53 PM

Watch out! Contents under pressure!<br><br><br><br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 04:56 PM

That's GROSS Sam!<br><br>Where have you been??<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 05:01 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>And, as a bonus, your picture was taken in the last 20 years!<p><hr></blockquote><p>Exactly .. Then you have this one of Ma Nature .. Who knows what this is all about .. waiting for the meds to kick in?<br><br><br><br>****************<br>I have no signature at this time

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 05:02 PM

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAAA<br><br>****************<br>I have no signature at this time

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 05:04 PM

I guess you totally missed my post in this thread earlier. <br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 05:05 PM

Krikey I was wearing a tea shirt, a sheat shirt and my boyfriends sweater on top<br>and a set of longies under the skirt, and grinning through clenched teeth<br>trying to keep my teeth for chattering. Behind me is Niagra Falls<br>~BRRRRRRR~ Slo-w-ly I turned! lol<br><br>Yeah struth... that piccie is pirdy outdated... It was taken <br>while I was still going to Princeton U.<br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 05:05 PM

Let me go look .. earlier in the thread? I'm not at home so I don't get email updates .. <br><br>****************<br>I have no signature at this time
Posted by:

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 05:08 PM

I've been posting under my alter ego: Treebeard.<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 05:14 PM

lol, want my baby pictures too? <br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 05:15 PM

Is that you?<br><br>How did he find those pictures?<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 05:25 PM

lol..Thats what I was wondering..but look they are talking to each other.. there is always hope for a little peace and love he he <br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 05:26 PM

Well, did you see my post to matt back on page 4, 5 or 6? I'm going to try to be nicer.<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 05:27 PM

I posted a piccie to MsBird<br>and he followed the link back to one of my 2 dozen forums.<br>If he wants a DNA sample, I'll be only too glad to send him a used tampon. <br><br>Better yet, He can just fish one out of the garbage,<br>...that seems to be more his style.<br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Celandine on 12/29/04 08:30 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 05:33 PM

It's on page 5<br><br>figured that would help you find it..about halfway to 3/4 of the way down....<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 05:39 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Well, did you see my post to matt back on page 4, 5 or 6? I'm going to try to be nicer.<p><hr></blockquote><p>We should always try to be nice. I guess that was my point earlier. I don't harbor any ill feelings toward you. I never do. That's why, upon hearing the bad news with your family, I posted my support right away. I also wanted to share in your enthusiasm when you found out everything was ok. If I had ill feelings toward you, I wouldn't have posted any of that and just ignored your thread. Sometimes, to me, your posts come off abrasive and affronting ... Leaving me with this "what the hell did I do to you" feeling. When you do, I have no problem jumping right up and asking what the problem might be, or challenging the attitude. But don't ever think that I dislike you. <br><br>That said, It's people like Celandine, with her malicious and personal comments, who I genuinely don't like. <br><br>****************<br>I have no signature at this time

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 05:41 PM

Lol!!!! Perhaps a quick stick of a needle might surfice. Glad to see you back..ain't nothing like seeing a friend.. Yes I remember now...Matt went to a lot of trouble getting those....perhaps he likes you..ya never know and the nasty remarks are just his way of covering up his true feelings..... Saying this of course as I hide behind John, before you and Matt can both smack me..lol!!!<br><br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 05:41 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>If he wants a DNA sample, I'll be only too glad to send him a used tampon<p><hr></blockquote><p>Seems to be your foul style.<br><br>****************<br>I have no signature at this time

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 05:44 PM

GAH! You're SO Boring! <br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 05:48 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Matt went to a lot of trouble getting those<p><hr></blockquote><p>Wasn't hard tracking macjac down at all .. pretty simple really. <br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>ya never know and the nasty remarks are just his way of covering up his true feelings<p><hr></blockquote><p><blockquote>Celandine:<br><br>*Eat [censored] And DIE! LITERALLY!<br><br>*ERK! GAH! I DISPISE YOU! <br>PLEASE don't blather about wanting an apology,<br>and don't claim I use veiled allusions. I'm speaking<br>to YOU DIRECTLY INTO YOUR PASETY ARSE FACE!<br>I HATE YOU, And I Always have, since you first<br>started SUCKING UP To that other PoS just because<br>you're so pathetic as to NEED To latch onto a Power<br>Figure in order to exist. YOU MAKE ME PUKE!<br>GAH! You're a MENTAL CASE! No wonder your wife <br>walked out on you! <br><br>*Has anyone else noticed that even the name GreenBLATT <br>sounds like a PARTICULARLY NASTY FART? <br>lol A 5 Ft. FART with a Bad 'YINKLE!' lol</blockquote><br><br>And just what "true feelings" are these nasty remarks covering up? Nothing a good dose of extra-strength Prozac wouldn't cure .. maybe .. <br><br>****************<br>I have no signature at this time

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 05:54 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Well, did you see my post to matt back on page 4, 5 or 6? I'm going to try to be nicer.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Yes I have been following right along..John in your case you sure don't have to try...some folks its just in them to be nice..even when they try to be nasty... Now that old nasty factor..shucks I think that is just built in to some folks..yep yep yep.. you know its just a natural thing ..like the color of ones eyes..lol!!! <br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 06:10 PM

Is it bad if your crotch itches and you have purple skin??? Cause if it is, I'm leaving this thread immediately! <br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 06:28 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>GAH! You're SO Boring!<p><hr></blockquote><p>That's a fact .. macjac .. <br><br>****************<br>I have no signature at this time

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 06:44 PM

Yep! What you see is what you get.<br><br>If I'm your friend, You get all of me<br><br>If you hurt one of my friends<br>like you all cheerfully took turns<br>doing this morning, You get the <br>reverse side of the coin.<br><br>Just what exactly did TB say that was so damned unforgivable?<br>That he found it unbelievable that you can go on posting crap<br>like nothing was happening because it wasn't happening to<br>anyone close to you?<br><br>OH! JESIS PLEASUS! <br>OMG! THE OUTRAGE!<br>He's on the verge of a nervous breakdown from grief and worry, <br>and comes back to his old forum in hopes of a shred of compassion<br>or even some small indication that you feel bad about what's happening<br>75,000 people dead, and dying, thousands more missing, the survivors<br>starving and drinking tainted water...<br><br>Look at your answers.<br>The Usual.<br>Snide Remarks from the LEADER of the PACK<br>and everyone tripping over themselves to win his approval<br>by chiming i with every cutting remark they can dredge up.<br><br>Oh! He wasn't POLITE enough for your, sweet, kind sensibilities.<br>Well, excuse me all to hell! He who is without sin cast the first stinking turd!<br><br>PO-LEZE!<br>And I'm in need of drugs?<br>If there's a drug to cure hypocrisy, then help yourself to a double dose. <br><br><br><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 06:46 PM

<br><br>Ha! Just saw that movie over the weekend. I went to school about an hour away from Preston, ID. I swear I've seen that house before. <br><br><br><br>When did the National Guard turn into the foreign legion?

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 06:48 PM

Mattmac/macjac lol maybe we're related lol<br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 06:49 PM

What movie is that?<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 06:50 PM

Napolean Dynamite<br><br><br><br>When did the National Guard turn into the foreign legion?

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 06:50 PM

Was it good?<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 06:54 PM

All I can say about this thread is WOW. Is everyone getting everything off their collective chests in here tonight?<br><br>I vote to blow it up, and everyone gets denied access from posting in here for a week to cool off. Holy effin' sh*t, man...now we're posting pictures of each other and making fun of people's last names? I am really speechless....<br><br>Punching out to go play some hockey on my Xbox- maybe a tsunami can sweep through HERE tonight and wash all this crap away by morning...<br><br>Oh, and a gold star to Sam for the BBQ sauce geyser....<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 06:54 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Saying this of course as I hide behind John, before you and Matt can both smack me<p><hr></blockquote><p>Just adding the end of my post there to finish off the quotes you posted. To show I was trying to be equal and not take sides. I'm just in my own silly way trying to stay a bit neutral here with the past and present. I am the weakest link when it comes to doing all the neat stuff you all can do with your cut and pasts, music links pictures etc..I'm lucky to just get here computers and me are like you and Celandine..oil and water..however in all fairness..you and a few others have said some pretty nasty things to her also..but that doesn't make anyone right or wrong..its a New Year after all rolling down on us and perhaps just perhaps some of us could get out a white flag and try to begin from scratch and be just a tad nicer in our disagreements..hell its not giving in..its just a ok I'll give it a try.. like I said can't go back and dig up some of the nasty exchanges hell wouldn't know how to start..but to be fair to Celandine..you gave as good as you got and you have said things just as bad....yes dragging Steve's name in with some nasties, and Skuls and some rounds here and there with other folks...not good judgement..but folks seem to want to make fun of folks who are a bit different.. Celandine,Cherry, Ruse, TreeBeard Shooshie, Eckhard [sorry] perhaps spelled wrong..but there have been some down right nasty things said..and when you have friends who join in..well safety in numbers.. it could be a turning point if a few of the folks who go at each other with claws out..just tried a bit..to be less ..should we say so damn nasty.. Just look at the numbers in this thread..it started out with a old friend of mine who yes I admit started a post in the wrong way..but go look at some of the responses ..some nasty and not really called for..and others saying yes you have a gripe so could you just have posted in a different way.. yet look at us all .. posting away..lounge active..not bad in away not bad at all. Perhaps even SB..moo or YoYo might just might come back..and a few others..action and posts and forum members posting away..not a dead place or a dull place but a place with a bit more tolerance then last year..who knows..not a bad New Years Resolution for any of us to try..we all live in glass houses..more or less....try to be a little more tolerant to the folks on the fringe..[I include myself in that last remark]..and perhaps they will be more tolorent of the folks who are more in the inner circle here..<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 06:59 PM

I agree. It's gotten stinkie in here. <br><br>I'm going to take the whole day off tomorrow and hopefully this thread will be buried (I doubt it). I have 2 more hours left being in my 30's and so I don't want to waste it reading this.<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 07:27 PM

Ok as a birthday early present. I apologize if you are unhappy with the thread..sorry..but over all I thought things were going well if you just jumped over a few rough spots..Just goes ta show ya. Ya can please some of the people ..lol just kidding with ya,..Happy Early Birthday John go have some fun.. maybe we can put a moratorium on the lengths of threads. If your nice maybe Dusty and Amy just might get you a cake...later you almost 40 year old..<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 08:15 PM

Hippo Birdy Two Ewes <br><br>Peas Out<br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 08:27 PM

Here's how I see it .. <br><br>If TB didn't want such a strong reaction from people, he shouldn't have, by your own admission, posted in the manner he posted. Now, TB can post however he wants, but he has to own the reaction. He didn't have to be a jerk about it right from the start.<br><br>As far as Celadine's idiot @ss, all I said was that I thought Watcher, TB, Cherry and Celandine were the same person. In her true colors, her initial response was:<br><br><blockquote>Nope!<br><br>Treebeard would have called you a slovenly wanker<br>I (on the other hand) would have called you a tub o'[censored] jerkoff.</blockquote><br><br>So screw her. I didn't say anything to deserve such an idiotic and rude response. Did I come back strongly? Absolutely. But the excuse of macjac acting the fool in coming to the rescue of her friend (who was being a jerk and started all this mess) is lame. She came in with her nasty blazing and people smacked back. Oh well. <br><br>As for an "inner circle" here .. far from it. As for being "tolerant"? Not for people like Celandine who has written, in this thread alone, some of the most vile, hateful crap ever to (dis)grace this forum. macjac/Celandine can slink back over to Macfora and stay there.<br><br>****************<br>I have no signature at this time

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 08:34 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> Was it good?<p><hr></blockquote><p>I liked it a lot. I think its developed quite a following, but because I knew the area where they filmed it I was especially entertained.<br><br><br><br>When did the National Guard turn into the foreign legion?

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 08:52 PM

I actually don't think the thread is that big of a deal. <br><br>Obviously, everybody had a good time keeping it going and saying what they think. <br><br>Gotta stir the pot once in awhile!<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 09:01 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I actually don't think the thread is that big of a deal.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Well, you're right. It's not a big deal at all. Us being in the inner circle and all, I will agree with you. <br><br>Seriously though .. in the end, who cares? The bigger story is the incredible natural disaster we've just witnessed. Some of the Tsunami videos are absolutely breathtaking. <br><br>****************<br>I have no signature at this time

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 09:06 PM

It makes you realize how incredibly fortunate we are.....that our entire family hasn't drowned, our house floated away and the stench of dead bodies hangs in the air of the only place we've ever known. <br><br>And, as a bonus, most of those people don't have any money <br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 10:07 PM

I knew it... you stayed too long... now you got crotch-rot!!! <br><br>I'm outta here before I need a cream!<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 10:35 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Us being in the inner circle and all, I will agree with you.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Ohh ohh, what can I do to join this inner circle.<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/29/04 10:38 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Ohh ohh, what can I do to join this inner circle.<p><hr></blockquote><p>$5.00 (in small denominations) and wait in the alley behind the Soapbox. <br><br>****************<br>I have no signature at this time

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/30/04 04:47 AM

You wanna circle? I gotcher Circle riiiiiiiiight here!<br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/30/04 08:18 AM

Firstly I don't expect anything much from America but that I would expect the land of the free and the brave .. To at least show their depth of care. I/We/They are not ones whom raised any hue and cry about the contribution first offered by the United States as we knew that this would be a prolonged and expensive recovery. First I knew of the US being miffed about this was that GWB came out for another photo op., and said that his nation was a generous one and we all know that. The US has always contributed. It is not that we expected anything, we knew you would do what you could afford.. <br>If anything the size of the initial donation simply emphasised the inability for the US to afford to give away money at this time, to those observers outside the US. <br>Please don't bring Iraq into this discussion as war in Iraq wasn't the world's decision and it was not at all a natural disaster. <br>We would all prefer our tax dollar to look after our own .. What this needs is for us all to put in a couple of bucks each, that's all maybe three maybe five but that's all .. If every person in the world did that today, then the money would be available overnight. In fact I would never mind paying a world wide tax of 5 bucks a year for the international disaster relief fund .. This could quite possibly be a tax worthwhile paying.<br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/30/04 08:29 AM

You actually trust a government, government agency, quai-governmental body to NOT spend a disaster relief fund collected as a tax? You have more faith than I. As with any tax that is collected for a purpose, if that purpose doesn't come to fruition in a short time, then the government will start "borrowing" the money for other projects. And when a disaster does materialise, we'll still all reach into our pockets to pay for the relief effort.<br><br>Sorry, history is too full of governments misappropriating funds, I just don't trust them.<br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/30/04 08:52 AM

So the count is over 120k people and still counting. Families are moving out of their homes, the ones that have any left, because the stink of dead bodies is taking over the cities and villages. Lets see how big your hands are ad go make some donnations and help the ones in need the same way would would like to be helped if you were caught in the middle of the disaster.<br><br>Actually, you know what, lets make this post about me, him, her, them, us, those... and the rest.... and bring our guns out and shoot each other down with the weapons of mass word distruction as you have done a good job in the last 10 pages.<br><br>_________________________________________<br>Just a different kinda geek...

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/30/04 08:53 AM

Yeah, a government-regulated disaster relief fund sounds a whole lot like Social Security, which as we all know, is nothing more than a loaning institution for all the silly-assed government programs, and overpriced military gadgets.<br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/30/04 08:53 AM

The "tax" euhemism was not relating to any government or other body, other than those bodies that do organise and dispense disaster relief. Just the fact that they are there is worth all of the money it may cost to keep them at the ready.. This they do their own fundraising to enable. <br>There is at least one disaster a year .. Sure this is one in five hundred.. So why not donate more for this one?<br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/30/04 09:16 AM

Another one who can do little more than assume. <br><br>What have YOU donated so far, big shot? Please share with us. I'll even start the ball rolling. I gave $25 to Unicef yesterday afternoon. It's not that much, but it's what I can afford right now. And I'll bet others here have done far better than that.<br><br>Anyone else wanna post what you've donated (money or goods)? Then you, wiseguy, can total it all up and then shut up for once.<br><br>For a kid who's every comment demonstrates a gargantuan egocentricity, you've got a lot of nerve challenging others to thing about anyone but themselves.<br><br>So how much have you donated?<br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/30/04 09:21 AM

They don't call social security a tax....but they use it like one.<br><br>It appears that many of the aid agencies and disaster relief units do have a small budget for cases such as this, on the assumption they can draw on these funds to get the relief work started, and people will reach into their pockets to supplement this when a disaster occurs.<br><br>The problem they have is not now, where the initial teams, food and medication is being despatched. Nor is it over the next month, where charitable donations will soar through the roof. It's in 2-3 months time, when this ceases to be fashionable, and we all go back to our nice safe lives.<br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/30/04 09:29 AM

For a start they do not want goods unless you are financing, coordinating the transport of a fleet of well stocked ships as well as the effective distribution of the goods to those most in need. So I'd just forget that if I were you. Unless of course you were already a wealthy shipping magnate whom just happened to give the same percentage of your wealth as the poor do.<br><br>The idea of us disclosing what we have spent towards the relief of others is a fine suggestion for those whom worry about post counts.<br><br>The point is .. it is not the quantity .. but the quality of your post or donation. <br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/30/04 09:37 AM

The message that is clear to me is that this will be the longest drawn out and most severely financially stretched relief effort in human history to date.<br>The message to you which treebeard so thoughtfully provided is that we cannot afford to slack off on this one .. For it will wear us down, right from the beginning. This is the last thing the world economy neded right now.. The point is that many months and even years down the track we will still need to be providing ways to resolve the aftershocks of this quake .. Just think.., if in 1964 there had been five million people from all around the world, all situated in Alaska in 1964 where the last quake this size occurred? The tectonics associated with this one have however made the scale of this far greater than even Krakatoa.<br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/30/04 09:44 AM

The point is, I am weary of those who make assumptions, accusations and nasty little wisecracks, and who run back into the shadows when challenged to show a little substance of their own.<br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/30/04 11:18 AM

Pushes LIFE SUPPORT *OFF* Switch on GreenFarTTT! <br>That done;<br>And I'M weary of people calling a genuine rant "a nasty little wise crack". <br><br>JERK!<br><br>I didn't slink off to NOWHERE FarTTT Breath<br>I simply CHOSE to walk away<br>But You just had to PIPE UP AGAIN<br>With the NASTY LITTLE WISE CRACKS That brought me <br>here yesterday, after watching you scumbags Crack-Off<br>in ANOTHER concerted SHARK-ATTACK on a fellow member.<br><br>Have one of the Yes-Crew forward you this, CrumbCake:<br><br>I'll raise you $25 (over YOUR PITENCE)<br>and Top that with a Pint of my Clean Wop Blood<br><br>& Every Shred of Unused Bedding from my Linen Closet.<br><br>To top that off,<br>I did it days ago, <br>and WITHOUT Having to be PUBLICALLY GUILTED Into It! <br><br><br>Flips Life Support Switch Back to *ON*<br><br>GO *F* Yourself.<br><br>O&O <br><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/30/04 11:43 AM

errr.. uhhh ..Steve .. Sybil's back .. <br><br><br><br>****************<br>I have no signature at this time

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/30/04 12:18 PM

WOT? You haven't been issued the LIFE TIME IGNORE Button you asked for????<br><br>Try SUCKING HARDER! <br><br>not that it'll do you any good,<br>don't you get it?<br>You'll never be in with the In-Crowd<br>you're just kept around for comic relief.<br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green>
Posted by: alAnonymous

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/30/04 12:37 PM

Ooooh. This is good. *sits back and eats some popcorn*<br><br><br><br><br>NOT. <br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/30/04 12:39 PM

&[censored]. First, as stated it's an "initial" donation, one that will likely rise into the billions from the US alone. The statement from the UN was a stupid and deliberate jab.<br><br>You don't just toss around that kind of cash, whether or not you could. If these people had a billion dollars, if they had a hundred billion dollars tossed at them the first day or two, there would be *zero* difference. Do you really believe there is $35 million dollars sitting over there as we speak? Of course not. The supplies, the trucks, the food is on the way, it's paid for *after* the fact. It makes zero difference who initially donated what, and frankly sniping on that this nation did or did not contribute "enough" is ridiculous. Cost is not the issue, it will be paid for by donations, or plain old good hearted freebies.<br><br>Secondly, we don't donate through our government, we donate from our own personal pockets. If you wish to see how much the U.S. contributes, then let's see tack that on as well, I have no doubt it'll pass what many countries governments give. <br><br>Thirdly, there's a lot more than the simple cash donations, there's the cost of sending aircraft carriers, transport planes, heavy equipment, debt forgiveness, etc.<br><br><br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/30/04 12:40 PM

Yeah, can this be moved to a private email correspondence or something? <br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/30/04 12:43 PM

Or to a landfill. Preferably in New Jersey. <br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/30/04 12:45 PM

<embed src="http://homepage.mac.com/pmrsich/.Public/sounds/scent_flame.wav" width=320 height=25 controller=true autoplay=false type=video/quicktime><br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/30/04 12:50 PM

Hey! Didn't I just see you in the Oak Room? <br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/30/04 12:52 PM

Now I also heard that the US "initial" donation was already allocated to contingency for disaster and was readily available for Mr Bush to release to this cause. Now he needs to hold out his hat to Congress for anything extra.<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/30/04 01:08 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>He's on the verge of a nervous breakdown from grief and worry,<br>and comes back to his old forum in hopes of a shred of compassion<p><hr></blockquote><p>I'm sorry, are you on crack? Did you even read his inital post (to which I had the first shrill response tyvm!)? If he's in such grief and horror why not express that instead of pissing on all of us. <br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I always knew you lot were crazy .. but a disaster the world has not known for a good while has unfolded and is yet unfolding .. yet you crap on as if nothing has occurred.<br><br>i am sure this is the last time i will bother speaking with any of you.<p><hr></blockquote><p>WTF does that say "Hey, I'm going through rough times here, can anyone help?".<br><br>No, it says "You are all a bunch of sh!t heads, too consumed with your own lives to give a damn about anyone else so piss on you". <br><br>This not ten minutes after I had organized a fund drive at work, and backed the company into matching donations which could potentially cost the company a huge chunk of cash, which could put my butt on the line.<br><br>And I don't care, just because I was "crapping on like nothing happened" in the forum?<br><br>Like I said, boo fukking hoo.<br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/30/04 01:09 PM

It was the entire yearly budget for that department.<br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/30/04 02:04 PM

Yeah, that's what I thought, but wasn't certain since I can't give radio 100% of my time in the office, so I just notice snippets of information.<br><br>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/30/04 02:15 PM

<br>Try reading the TOPIC TITLE:<br><br> i cannot understand why you do not care. <br><br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>This not ten minutes after I had organized a fund drive at work, and backed the company into matching donations which could potentially cost the company a huge chunk of cash, which could put my butt on the line.<br><p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Now YOU'RE Assuming people are psychic?<br><br><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green>

Re: We all don't sail in the same boat - 12/30/04 02:36 PM

Oh, you mean the deliberately flame baiting topic title? The topic title that simply screams "Come into this post, I feel like inciting people!!"?? The topic title that reeks in the foul and disgusting stench of holier-than-thouness??? THAT topic title????<br><br>Pissing on people is pissing on people, period - no matter how you might try to defend him. He came in looking to piss people off with a flame baiting topic title and post, and guess what? He did. I hope he's severly and utterly offended by the responses he got, as he certainly deserves to be.<br><br>Cry two tears in a bucket, [censored] it, put it on the stage.<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Now YOU'RE Assuming people are psychic?<p><hr></blockquote><p>I wasn't the JACKASS that assumed he was better than everyone else and that nobody here cared, was I?<br><br>If you can't handle the heated responses, then don't make the dumbass statement to begin with. It's folks like TB who think their [censored] don't stink that end up smelling the most.<br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/30/04 02:55 PM

Here..you need this:<br><br><br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/30/04 03:30 PM

[censored]? <br><br>the public begins to donate<br>and there will certainly be a real need to continue donating for a good while

Re: cannot understand why you don't seem to care. - 12/30/04 05:50 PM

[censored], you are standing in it. <br>For all innocent parties that may have been hurt or offended, I humbly apologise for opening this can of social worms but as I hope you may see, I felt the need to prise open a locked door. Thank all you average Americans whom took out their pocketbook and opened it instead of shooting off their mouth. I am glad to have been a part of this process.<br><br>You may wish for this thread to be buried but as history will surely show, this will prove to be be the thread you buried yourselves in.<br>Thank you for partaking in this human behavioural science project.<br><br> *click.<br>Tsunami leaves millions homeless<br>If you check this list you will note that a large number of earthquakes have occurred worldwide in the last 7 days. This map shows where the major ones have occurred in this time.<br>NYE04: Sydney reflects<br><br><br>but where will we be when the future comes?

Re: cannot understand why you don't seem to care. - 12/30/04 08:21 PM

Hmmmmm.... I could swear you said you were leaving here. Going back on the word that we had hoped you would keep... now my weekend is ruined.<br><br>

Re: cannot understand why you don't seem to care. - 12/30/04 08:23 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Hmmmmm.... I could swear you said you were leaving here. Going back on the word that we had hoped you would keep... now my weekend is ruined.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Your response was all part of his grand human experiement too ... He made you post this ya know .. <br><br>****************<br>I have no signature at this time

Re: cannot understand why you don't seem to care. - 12/30/04 08:29 PM

DOH! <br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 12/31/04 01:41 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Thirdly, there's a lot more than the simple cash donations, there's the cost of sending aircraft carriers, transport planes, heavy equipment, debt forgiveness, etc.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Exactly. Besides, if you're standing in a pile of sh!t surrounded by dead bodies, what good does it do for Uncle W to give you a bunch of money? It doesn't. By the time this is all over, those countries will be awash in so much cash they'll be looking for ways to spend it. <br><br>What they need is coordination, help with logistics, military hardware, helicopters, air drops, food, etc. All of that costs money, but a lot of it's being provided by any number of countries, including the Brits, the Aussies, Americans, etc., although it's not added in the cash contribution total. <br><br>Anyway, whatever happened to "it's the thought that counts?" It's not the countries affected doing the complaining anyway. <br><br>
Posted by: srumrill

Re: cannot understand why you don't seem to care. - 12/31/04 08:05 AM

Great. Now please go away, again. For real this time.<br><br>

Re: cannot understand why you don't seem to care. - 12/31/04 08:37 AM

As I said early on, we don’t need to assume .. from the words you use .. you do enough of Ass-U-me-ing for all of us.<br><br>You're making as little sense as ever- how were our words conveying ANYTHING about the Malaysia tragedy if there were no posts to begin with?<br><br>And if your next reply was to be "No posts about the tragedy speaks for itself", my answer (and several others as well) was that you were assuming we didn't care or weren't aware of the situation because there was nothing but fluff floating around in the forum these past few days.<br><br><embed src="http://homepage.mac.com/pmrsich/.Public/sounds/dumbass.wav" width=320 height=25 controller=true autoplay=false type=video/quicktime><br><br>Face it, you came off like some sort of stuck-up, 'holier-than-thou' icon, chastising the rest of us for not 'caring', and now you're backtracking into some 'social experiment' baloney. You don't know us all personally, and you DON'T presume to know what goes on in our private lives and what sorts of conversations we have amongst friends & family.<br><br><br>

Re: cannot understand why you don't seem to care. - 12/31/04 10:06 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>You don't know us all personally, and you DON'T presume to know what goes on in our private lives and what sorts of conversations we have amongst friends & family.<br><p><hr></blockquote><p>Well, I DO, because I have cameras hidden all over your house! But don't worry about it, I won't tell anyone about that thing you do with the dog! <br><br>

Re: cannot understand why you don't seem to care. - 12/31/04 04:49 PM

that appeared to me to be his point<br> all fluff, no consistency<br><br>well here at least is some good news

Re: cannot understand why you don't seem to care. - 01/03/05 07:11 AM

Who are you to assume what I mean?<br><br>but yes, let us hope that peace in the Sudan will help all of those people affected.<br><br><br>but where will we be when the future comes?

Re: cannot understand why you don't seem to care. - 01/03/05 07:19 AM

and for all of those .. attempts at making negative responses aimed at trying to make me become inflamed .. did you not read what I said .. in the initial post? <br><br>just let me inform you that this computer is not set up for "speaking to" anyone.<br><br>;) <br>but where will we be when the future comes?<br>maybe someone will reinvent a sense of humour

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 01/03/05 01:34 PM

I donated a bit more than 25$ at first and 10% of my paycheck of the 31st since you were asking.<br><br>I am not religious and never go to church. But I know that lots of people "donate" 10% of their income to their church on a monthly basis. Maybe they should donate that $ to a good cause for once.<br><br>_________________________________________<br>Just a different kinda geek...

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 01/03/05 01:39 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>But I know that lots of people "donate" 10% of their income to their church on a monthly basis. Maybe they should donate that $ to a good cause for once.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Since you admittedly don't go to church, you don't know where that money goes...do you?<br><br>My dad is involved with an organization at his church that helps needy people.<br><br>Is that not good enough? Yeah..there are people in desperate need over there...but let's not ignore those that are here nearby.<br><br>
Posted by: sean

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 01/03/05 01:57 PM

to be fair, the regular tithing in most churches is often used to pay for operating costs. that's not to say that there isn't a second tithing for the poor or any other cause, but most churches use their tithing to pay salaries, bills, etc. on the other hand, some of the organizations that are set up to provide assistance to the victims are probably using a hefty portion of the donations for operational costs and those donated dollars are very reduced by the time any victims see results. choosing how to donate can be tedious, but respectable organizations should be able to tell you the percentage of the donations that actually go to the intended recipients.<br><br>--<br>one of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 01/03/05 02:12 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Maybe they should donate that $ to a good cause for once.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Maybe they donate to the International Brotherhood of It's None of Your D@mn Business<br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 01/03/05 02:13 PM

There's the rub, right there. How much of the money actually makes it to the victims. Even the most respectable aid organizations generally have huge OC's, which can sometimes cut the net donation down to as little 15 cents on the dollar.<br><br>When I lived in Boston, I rode annually in a bike-a-thon for the Jimmy Fund (benefitting the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute), and the event (the Pan-Massachusetts Challenge) had an unmatched net donation rate of 92 cents per dollar! But that was because virtually every facet of the events operating needs were also donated. Groups like Unicef Red Cross, and the United Way rarely have that luxury (not to mention their scope is global rather than regional).<br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 01/03/05 02:15 PM

Besides the operational costs, that money also goes into a lot of Marketing. Every church tries to attract as many people as possible, to become more powerfull and to "spread" the "word". Marketing is not cheap, I would know, I work in it. I am not saying that they do not give $$ to charities, but usually only part of the surplus goes to good causes. Now you gotta remember, every church is different too, so I am not trying to bash the church your relatives go to. What I am saying is that hundreds of millions of $$ go into churches every year. Only a real small fraction of that $$ reaches the ones in need.<br><br>A good example of that would be those charities you see on TV having 1hr shows, where they provide pictures of hungry children and anorexic bodie. How much does it cost to air a 1HR telemarketing show on a National channel? How much of your "10$" really goes to that child in need? Usually about 10-20% of the money reaches that child, and even that is in food which was bought from "special suppliars".<br><br>_________________________________________<br>Just a different kinda geek...

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 01/03/05 02:34 PM

You work in marketing, but in fact you don't know. Even non-profit organizations set advertising and marketing costs apart as a separate line item. They are NOT part of the operating costs, and are funded independantly. Therefore the cost of an infomercial or a direct mail campaign does NOT impact donations (except, of course, to increase them if the campaign is effective).<br><br>You might wanna know what you're talking about before you start telling the rest of the world "how it is". <br><br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 01/03/05 02:51 PM

LOL... you beat me to it. Our agency works on just such an account, and our fees (what little there is) are funded completely separate from the charity itself.<br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 01/03/05 03:35 PM

Heh heh... had my share of pro bono and fundraising accounts, too. <br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>No if only I coulda had a little Cher bono... <br><br>
Posted by: MaxMacDonald

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 01/03/05 03:36 PM

Hmmmm... you would know, eh? That's a bit like me saying I believe everything you post, I would know, I can read.<br><br>(:->P)<br><br><br>Anyway, it's something of a dead-end argument. One hears this kind of justification too often - the system must be rigged, the execs at the top make off with most of the dough, it's a scam, it's fixed and it relies on suckers born every minute, etc. - to rationalize not making a charitable donation at all. What an exercise in cynicism. It's fine to suspect new and/or unheard-of charity organizations, but most of them are on the up and up... they need your faith in them, not your cheap skepticism.<br><br>max<br><br>Fresh Diversions
Posted by: polymerase

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 01/03/05 03:54 PM

But you're looking at a single layer. 92 cents of every dollar given to the PMC makes it through the PMC into the DFCI. How much of that goes to "real" research and is not part of OC? I would be afraid to tell you. But the researcher down in the trench doesn't see 92 cents.<br><br>Next time, give it directly to me. <br><br><br><br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 01/03/05 04:09 PM

Yeah... if only the kids saw the whole .92. <br>But at least it's better than only .52 making it to the front door. I may do the So. Fla MS 150 this April, and they only pass on .30-something on the dollar.<br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 01/03/05 04:37 PM

Maybe I shouldn't have said "I know"...<br><br>There are great charities out there. Such as the Red Cross and the Salvation Army. The ones I am not too happy about are the ones you see on TV "Sponsor a child" or "sponsor an animal", lol, yeh, sponsor an animal. I know someone I work with who is sponsoring a tiger. Those sponsor charities are the ones I believe most rigged. Then again, even 10% is better than nothing.<br><br>But my way of charity is when I go to any country where I see "kids of the streets", I buy them food, and give them some $$.<br><br>_________________________________________<br>Just a different kinda geek...
Posted by: polymerase

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 01/03/05 04:41 PM

Just my frustration of watching a new dime from every dollar going to this monstrosity of a software package the Institute replaced the JDEdwards system with this past year. Something called PeopleSoft which may eventually suck the soul (and all the dough) out of this place by inefficiency. Talk about OC!<br><br><br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 01/04/05 04:04 AM

I just checked out Give.org, which gives reports on charities. Found it in Google. <br><br>For instance, with the American Red Cross, 82% of donations go directly to programs. Other charities have even less overhead, with AmeriCares dedicating 98% to programs, with 1% going to fundraising and 1% to administrative expenses. <br><br>Lots of info out there to be had before people part with their hard-earned cash.

can't understand why you cannot accept my apology - 01/25/05 01:35 AM

I want to apologise to you all whom may have been offended by this .. but today we had a service for my friend and a great friend of my whole family whose body has still not yet been found. Probably will never be found.<br><br><br><br>and go on .. assume whatever you want.<br>just don't dare try and blame me for your your assumptions.<br>but where will we be when the future comes?

Re: can't understand why you cannot accept my apology - 01/25/05 04:03 AM

Apology accepted, and returned (at least on my part). And my condolences as well. I went through it in NYC on Sept. 11, '01. Lost a few friends, too. Grief can twist you inside out. Multiply that by uncertainty and the powerlessness to undo the event, and it gets worse. But honestly, as amazing as the web is, it's sometimes impossible to accurately convey what you feel. Things can easily be taken literally, and misinterpreted, an then blown out of proportion.<br><br>I guess you were in the wrong place at the wrong time — through no fault of your own. A sentiment misrepresented. A small brush fire ignited. Emotional polarization in a gasoline can. More flames. Allies and detractors alike over-reacting, and boom! Major conflagration.<br><br>Anyway, I hope you've gained at least some closure. Although I know that hurt and the anger will always be there under the surface. Life, as they say, goes on. Just not the same way for everyone.<br><br>Peace.<br><br>

Re: can't understand why you cannot accept my apology - 01/25/05 04:10 AM

Sorry for your loss TB. Apologies noted and accepted, though I wasn't offended. I hope that you and your family + friends can celebrate the lost one's life sometime.<br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: can't understand why you cannot accept my apology - 01/25/05 06:12 AM

Sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you find peace someday.<br><br>

Re: can't understand why you cannot accept my apo - 01/25/05 10:41 AM

Thanks Shel John and Steve.<br>Sorry to have been a problem for anyone.<br><br>

Re: can't understand why you cannot accept my apo - 01/25/05 11:44 AM

You supported a friend. How is that a problem — other than the friend had stepped in some poop? Don't sweat it, man. Life's too short.<br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 09/02/05 03:53 PM

I believe that you all did what you wanted, at the time.<br>I believe that TreeBeard's comment was aimed at shaking people enough to make them see that his post didn't start flame wars. That flame wars were already in existence and that the flamers would be flaming anyway, without TreeBeard's help. <br>I see that TreeBeard put his friendship on the line in order to focus the lens. <br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 09/02/05 04:00 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen...WE HAVE OUR VERY FIRST WINNER!<br><br>Introducing the recipient of the 2005 Dickhead award. Thanks for dragging that pile of sh!t back to the front page! <br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 09/02/05 04:07 PM

Damn..and here I brought the other one up because I wanted to win! <br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 09/02/05 04:15 PM

Don't worry...we've got the Legend Award coming up <br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 09/02/05 04:30 PM

Good! <br><br><br><br>And who is "we"? <br><br> <br><br>

Re: i cannot understand why you do not care. - 07/26/06 07:48 PM

Hi Sean! <br><br>CreativeGuy for daily tips, tricks and commentary on all things graphic design.