Have a .mac screensaver?

Posted by: DaddyMac

Have a .mac screensaver? - 11/08/02 09:30 AM

Could anyone who has published a .mac screensaver please post here?<br><br>I guess only your account name would be necessary...<br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: Have a .mac screensaver? - 11/08/02 09:35 AM

loridilo<br>It is a 10 MB file of 50 photos of my flowers.<br><br>
Posted by: Mactico

Re: Have a .mac screensaver? - 11/08/02 09:42 AM

gwiernik<br><br>
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: Have a .mac screensaver? - 11/08/02 09:43 AM

biggerfoot<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Have a .mac screensaver? - 11/08/02 10:39 AM

Lori... my wife is using your flowers as her screensaver... she is wondering with all those flowers, how do you have time to post here? <br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!

Re: Have a .mac screensaver? - 11/08/02 11:06 AM

Wow, I'm honored!<br>Most of the flowers are perennials that have been planted and added to over 13 years of owning this house. Once they are planted, and they like their location, they continue to come up every spring and reward me with their beautiful flowers. If they multiply and crowd out the flowers around them, then I will divide them and transplant to new locations. Perennials bloom at different times of the spring and summer, so I have to make sure I have enough varieties to have something blooming at all times during the summer season. If there are some places in the garden that look bare, then I add some annuals to fill in the area and that bloom all summer.<br>All in all, the plants do it all themselves now, and I just go around and pull up the few weeds that pop up among the mulch.<br><br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Have a .mac screensaver? - 11/08/02 11:19 AM

Have any photos of the whole yard so we can get an idea of how many?<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!

Re: Have a .mac screensaver? - 11/08/02 12:06 PM

You can get a better idea if you check out my photo albums online at ClubPhoto<br>The Spring/summer albums for 2001, and 2002. Also the Kitchen/Bath/Garage remodel has pics of the house and the gardens around it from different angles.<br>We were in the middle of remodeling the inside and outside of our house for the last couple of years.<br>Those albums will keep you real busy for awhile!!<br><br>
Posted by: walzuhair

Re: Have a .mac screensaver? - 11/08/02 12:34 PM

Wow! Impressive work Lori, must have taken most of your time. I wish I were your neighbor; I would probably spend a week photographing the lovely garden arrangements and the lovely house. Then, I would spend the rest of my life getting to know your family; I bet itís real fun being around you all <br><br>

Re: Have a .mac screensaver? - 11/08/02 12:56 PM

Awwwwwww thank you Waleed. I wish I could see more photos of you, your family, and your country. I tried to go to your website before, but I guess I needed a password....hehe...I was being sneaky. <br><br>

Re: Have a .mac screensaver? - 11/11/02 12:58 PM

Am I doing something wrong? I've tried both Lori's and Biggerfoot's screensavers, and all I get is the first photo in the series!<br><br>It just keeps fading in and out with the first pic!<br><br>(Not that I mind BF's first shot so much...LOL)<br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>

Re: Have a .mac screensaver? - 11/11/02 01:36 PM

It will keep fading in and out of the first few pictures it has downloaded until all the pictures have been downloaded. If you watch it, you will see that new pictures keep getting added as the pictures rotate.<br>Mine is a pretty big screensaver that includes 50 photos adding up to a 10 MB file. I wanted to make sure there was plenty of pics to look at and you wouldn't get bored seeing the same ones over and over again.<br><br>PS. If you like the screensaver, go over to dotmac.info and give it a rating.<br><br>

Re: Have a .mac screensaver? - 11/11/02 01:44 PM

Aha, so it was my lack of patience that did me in...LOL...<br><br>Does it download the whole screensaver to one's HD, or does it have to download the whole thing every time my computer kicks into 'screen effects' mode?<br><br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>

Re: Have a .mac screensaver? - 11/11/02 02:19 PM

Ok Daddymac, it took me some time, but I found out where the .mac screensavers are stored on your hardrive.<br>users->(your name)->library->caches->com.apple.i...scriptions->loridilo(or whomever elses you downloaded)->Public Slide Show<br>I suppose it stays in your cache until you delete the slideshow from your screen effects preferences.<br><br>

Re: Have a .mac screensaver? - 11/11/02 02:23 PM

I could see those girls were "proudly serving their community"!<br><br>
Posted by: Giaguara

Re: Have a .mac screensaver? - 11/11/02 04:08 PM

Heh..<br><br>I've got only Black Light screensaver... it inverts the colors. <br>Dunno if that could be of any interest? It's quite small, if you want it (the link in versiontr. is broken..) ichat me and you'll have it .. ;)<br><br><br><br>Giaguara<br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Have a .mac screensaver? - 11/11/02 06:42 PM

Already rated yours, Lori--the big one-zero <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Have a .mac screensaver? - 11/11/02 06:46 PM

Wow...thanks yoyo52<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Have a .mac screensaver? - 11/11/02 06:54 PM

Thank you--it's my default screen effect (can't use "screen saver" any more!) now.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"